Author Topic: Introductions  (Read 887 times)

Offline AceBoogie

• Quitter
  • Interests: Hiking, woods romping, bowling, disc golf, quitting dip, freestyle rapping, basketball, breweries, helping others. I just like to go with the flow. If it sounds fun, I'm game.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Introductions
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2016, 01:49:00 PM »
TEC,

Money can be a huge motivator for us to do anything, rational or irrational. Now,quitting is the most rational decision you will ever make in your life. I had spent around $15,000 with my addiction. It looks like a bigger number if you write it out, now I know where all my money I thought I made went, aye? I am glad you are here and I am glad to quit with you. Just make sure that you are quitting because you really really want to. Not just because of the money. You HAVE TO HATE IT. We all hate dip here, and the nic bitch can go die. Quit on brother.

Offline copingwithoutcopen

• Quitting MoFo
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2016, 09:46:00 AM »
Hey TEC, welcome aboard! Fellow masshole here. Man, I've saved more then $10G's over the past few years. That's just one of the many benefits. I'd venture to say there isn't one aspect of your life that doesn't improve by quitting. Feel free to reach out if there's ever the need.

Offline kubiackalpha

• Quitter
  • Interests: Boobs, Butts (on females)....is there anything else that would be of interest? I can't think of any.
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2016, 09:47:00 AM »
Frank Mackey and the Celtic Cowboys has a great song 'Promise for a better life'. the last line in your intro made me think of it.

So, Welcome! So. Daily. We quit. Everyday we make a promise to ourselves and our brothers and sisters. Today, we are quit. We don't worry about tomorrow. Tomorrow hasn't came along and we are not promised a tomorrow anyways. So, why worry about it. Post roll daily.

Best thing I can tell you to do is to drink tons of water. Okay, maybe not tons. But, drink plenty of water and some fruit juices. This helps you in your withdrawal symptoms. Use anything and everything that is non tobacco/nicotine to fight the cravings. Whether it be fake, gum, seeds, sour stuff, whatever it takes.

Get involved in this site. Lots of information on here. Lots of support.

Wildirish is also an M.E. I can't remember where he is from. But, he is great support.

Offline TEC

• Quitter
Introductions
« on: May 10, 2016, 09:10:00 AM »
My name is Thomas. I am 45 years old and had my first dip in college. For several years, I was an occasional dipper – long drive, final exams, drinking buddies – stuff like that. Not long after college, I worked for the Catholic Church in East Africa where American tobacco products were not available. One day, I bought an Indian variant that had a heavy ginseng flavor. My addiction was not yet strong enough to overcome that bad taste, so I emptied the pouch out the back of a deuce and half outside Nairobi. Mistakenly, I thought that nicotine was finished with me.
My college degree is a BSME but jobs were still scarce when I returned home in 1996. Furthermore, the Boston area is my part of the world, and it is not the best area for mechanical engineers. Better opportunities probably exist in other states. While looking for a professional job for several months, I worked with a group of laborers (mostly moving furniture). I liked the work and the physical activity that went along with it. However, many of the guys had drug and alcohol problems. If I would dip on break or at lunch, they wouldnÂ’t ask me if I wanted weed or anything else. Kodiak was considered to be my vice, and I accepted it as what I considered to be the lesser evil.
After 6 months, I did find an engineering job that I liked and set to work digging myself and my parents out of the mounds of student loan debt accumulated by a big Irish family. Twenty years, two houses rebuilt brick by brick, hundreds of engineering projects, and thousands of gray hairs later – yup, you guessed it – Kodiak has followed me all the way.
I would visit the same local convenience store early every Saturday morning to buy a roll of 5 tins. The cost in Massachusetts has increased in the past few years from $30, to $45, and then to $55. Even as a long-time customer, the owner would no longer give me the insiderÂ’s deal. At that price, I could no longer justify the habit or make any excuses for it. Just think what $2,860/year could do for a family (or a village for that matter) in the poorest areas of the world.
And so I am quit: instigated by money, motivated by personal health, supported by KTC, and hopeful of a better life!
TEC