Author Topic: My Dirty Addiction  (Read 2756 times)

Offline pbrain04

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: My Dirty Addiction
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2014, 12:10:00 PM »
Quote from: Ginet
Quote from: jake
Quote from: slug.go
Quote from: Steakbomb18
Quote from: sh4string
Great job!! Love to see you continue daily posting!!! ODAAT!!
Congrats Trout. Proud to be quitting with you in our March group. Here's to riding this train for a long time.
Mr. Trout, congrats on the 100!
Congrats bro!!!!
Yeah Grandpa Trout!!!!! Nice job!!!
Congrats Trout

Offline Ginet

• Quitter
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2014, 12:01:00 PM »
Quote from: jake
Congrats Trout. Proud to be quitting with you in our March group. Here's to riding this train for a long time.
Congrats bro!!!!
Yeah Grandpa Trout!!!!! Nice job!!!
The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it. ~ Chinese Proverb
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply. ~ Stephen R. Covey

QD 12/29/13
April 2014 Resolute

Offline jake frawley

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Interests: I'm married to a beautiful lady. I like to lift weights and run. I play poker and win. I spend as much time riding as I can! I go to work every day and work too many hrs. I'm aggressive! And all of this makes me happy. I'm here to quit the one thing I hate about myself, my addiction to chew. It has ruled me and I wont be controlled anymore!
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2014, 10:20:00 AM »
Congrats bro!!!!

Offline slug.go

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 1/23/14
  • Interests: Family, motorcycles, all sports, hunting, fishing, guns
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2014, 10:13:00 AM »
Quit since 1/23/14

Offline Steakbomb18

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 12/13/2013
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2014, 09:33:00 AM »
Certified Grade A Badass

Offline Sh4string

• Quitter
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 10/21/2013
  • Interests: Family, Hunting, fishing, outdoors, triathlon
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2014, 09:19:00 AM »
Quitting every damn day since October 21, 2013

Offline Winter Green

• Quitter
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2014, 08:44:00 AM »
Direct your attention to a new HOF'er, Nice job on reaching 100 man. ODAAT with you any day brother.
Quit~December - 2 - 2013
1st Floor~March - 11 - 2014

Offline Ginet

• Quitter
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2014, 11:40:00 AM »
Hey Grandpa Trout
Happy day 80!
The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it. ~ Chinese Proverb
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply. ~ Stephen R. Covey

QD 12/29/13
April 2014 Resolute

Offline Ginet

• Quitter
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2014, 08:54:00 PM »
Quote from: rdad
Quote from: Winter
Smatrousky, is on day 77 and kicking the nic bitches ass ODAAT.  There must be something in the water, because March has bread some true quitters.!! ;Ironman:
I'll quit with anyone with "trout" in their name! :rolleyes:
I am proud to quit with Grandpa Trout! He is one "special package" indeed!
LOL trout.....you Rock!

QD 12/29/13
April 2014 Resolute

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2014, 05:35:00 PM »
Quote from: Winter
Smatrousky, is on day 77 and kicking the nic bitches ass ODAAT. There must be something in the water, because March has bread some true quitters.!! ;Ironman:
I'll quit with anyone with "trout" in their name! :rolleyes:

Offline Winter Green

• Quitter
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2014, 05:31:00 PM »
Smatrousky, is on day 77 and kicking the nic bitches ass ODAAT. There must be something in the water, because March has bread some true quitters.!! ;Ironman:
Quit~December - 2 - 2013
1st Floor~March - 11 - 2014

Offline Minny

• Quitter
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2013, 05:32:00 PM »
Quote from: smatroutsky
I want to introduce myself and give everyone a portion of my background, at least the portion that pertains to my battle with nicotine addiction. I feel like posting roll everyday is good but I'm hoping to get a little more involved in the KTC community. I guess what I'm trying to say is I really don't truly feel I'm accountable to anyone because I haven't got to know any of my fellow quiters nor have I tried to put myself out there...so this is my attempt at that.

I've been chewing and smoking (smoking primarily when I was partying) since I was 14 and I am now 34. I've been dealing with this for over 20 years...how pathetic, but it's time to put this addiction to bed once and for all.

Like most of you I've stopped in the past, only to slowly have it creep back into my life. I actually stopped nicotine as an everyday habit for three years but never truly went longer than a month or two. I let it get to the point that it was acceptable to use when I was drinking, then vacations, and then vacations plus doing my hobbies. 8 months ago I made a conscious decision to start my can a day habit again, with the promise I would quit after my birthday in a month...God only knows how a person, with a 6 month old boy (i'm so damn selfish it actually just brought a tear to my eye),comes to a decision like that but I did. Anyway my birthday came and past, then it was elk hunting, then bird hunting, and then deer hunting. All promises I made to myself and my wife that I broke.

1o days ago I woke up and had my morning dip and had that familiar sting that you get from over doing it the day before and I said to myself this is just stupid. I dumped the remainder of my can in a bucket full of trimmings from a deer I processed the day before, found this website, and committed to do this thing for real.

I should share one last thing. I am a restaurant franchisee and my wife and I made the decision to sell our restaurant, move our small family (with my now 14 month old boy) three hours from both of our parents(who have been our child care this past year) and buy 3 other restaurants. We take over the 3 Monday morning. I probably should of picked a little less stressful time to quit but I'm so sick of this shit and i've learned lately that it's never a good time to quit. The good thing is different location, fresh faces, and new beginnings.

Sorry about the autobiography but I needed to do this for myself and I hope to find support from some people who have and/or currently going through the same thing.
Wow.

I didn't know that Packers fans could be so normal :lol: All kidding aside, your story is very, very much like mine. I was always going to quit after the first of the year/first of the month/after the duck trip/after the deer hunt/after vacation/after the stressful xyz.

Follow the rules and use the tools and you'll be quit like fuck in no time. Before long you'll realize how much time you spent away from what matters most, all just to get your nic fix.

None Today For Any Reason
One Day At A Time

PM me if you need anything.

SKOL!!!!
Quit Date 7/12/13
HOF Date 10/19/13

My HOF Speech

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2013, 03:12:00 PM »
Welcome. I am proud of you already. A weak person would have used buying franchises as an excuse to keep using. You did not. You have whan it takes.

Remember

1 problem + nicotine = 2 problems.

Well done. Welcom aboard.

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2013, 01:54:00 PM »
Stories of our past are vary similar and you will find that the stories that we have quitting are even more similar. Getting to know your group and sharing numbers will increase your accountability. I think back at some of the sick things my addiction lead me to do and picking a dip out of deer trimmings wouldn't seem to bad. One example was picking up a spilt can from the truck floor mixed with dirt and dry cow shit. Lol, I'm so glad that's in my past!
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2013, 01:34:00 PM »
Welcome! You'll find a lot of commonality with others here, and no matter what you might have done in service of you addiction, somebody elae has probably done it too. I"ve definitely done trash diving in my past for dips.

As you learn more about the addiction, it will make sense why "tomorrow" never comes as a day to quit dip, and the only good time to quit is now. Congratulations on finally taking the dive. I was like you with an ever distant quit in mind, never really coming through. For decades. So far, this is working for me here, and the support is critical. This one will stick if I just stay with program. First time I"ve ever felt that way.

You've got some kick-ass guys in your quit group who are helping each other in a big way, and the vets on the site are the experts among all at helping you stay quit, so you are in great hands. Make the most of it- all it takes now is your own determination one day at a time!
This info helped me early on, and still does today: https://whyquit.com/whyquit/linksaaddiction.html

Quitters I’ve met so far: Ihatecope, >Pinched<, T-Cell, grizzlyhasclaws, Canvasback, BaseballPlayer, Cbird65, ERDVM, BradleyGuy, Ted, Zeno, AppleJack, Bronc, Knockout, MookieBlaylock, Rdad, 2mch2lv4, MN_Ben, Natro, Lippizaner, Amquash, ChristopherJ, GDubya, SRohde  -- always eager to meet more!