Author Topic: So how's everybody's 72hrs going?  (Read 15310 times)

Offline B-loMatt

• Quitter
  • Interests: Cooking, gameing, music, sports, the outdoors. Spending time with my family is my biggest hobby, I have two little girls who are my number 1 priority (for real now that I kicked nic out of my life)
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: So how's everybody's 72hrs going?
« Reply #162 on: March 07, 2014, 08:02:00 AM »
Quote from: worktowin
200 days of freedom! Take a minute and look back today, Mike. You have had a hell of a lot of good in the past 200 days in many aspects of your life. Coincidence?

Thanks for being a great inspiration and leader! Enjoy today - you've earned it!
Love it! Well done Mike!

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #161 on: March 07, 2014, 07:42:00 AM »
200 days of freedom! Take a minute and look back today, Mike. You have had a hell of a lot of good in the past 200 days in many aspects of your life. Coincidence?

Thanks for being a great inspiration and leader! Enjoy today - you've earned it!

Offline Mike from AB

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: August 20, 2013
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #160 on: December 06, 2013, 12:08:00 AM »
Quote from: B-loMatt
Mike, sorry this is late, but well done! You had bad ass quitter written all over you since early on. Enjoy yourself, but stay frosty man. Just keep doing what has gotten you this far and you will keep kicking ass.
Thanks Matt  thanks for your support over the past 100+ days! Staying frosty isn't hard in this weather LOL

Offline B-loMatt

• Quitter
  • Interests: Cooking, gameing, music, sports, the outdoors. Spending time with my family is my biggest hobby, I have two little girls who are my number 1 priority (for real now that I kicked nic out of my life)
« Reply #159 on: December 02, 2013, 08:57:00 PM »
Mike, sorry this is late, but well done! You had bad ass quitter written all over you since early on. Enjoy yourself, but stay frosty man. Just keep doing what has gotten you this far and you will keep kicking ass.

Offline Mike from AB

• Quitter
« Reply #158 on: November 30, 2013, 01:26:00 PM »
Quote from: worktowin
Quote from: Pinched
Quote from: Mike
For me, this is tougher than I thought.  My quit was unplanned on impulse after I'd fought off yet another nic fit.  I was always good at putting them off  moderating consumption.  Which of course meant I never had to quit...

Thanks to that though, the physical symptoms havent been as bad as I've expected.  The mornings are foggy  I still have lower energy than my usual lows.  But the psychological part is worse.  Ive gone through a tin of Smoky Mountain combatting triggers for today, so I know I'll have to deal with the psychological after the physical is over.
Congrats Mike! Do you remember this rambling newb quitter?

You have hit a great first Milestone and I look forward to seeing you for many more.
Wow! Dude, you have come a long way in a lot if ways in 100 days! Lots if positive life improvements, and it isn't coincidental that quitting was the jumping off point. 100 is just the beginning, life gets better from here. Thanks for bringing me along for the ride this last 100 days - it has been quite a ride, but well worth it! I look forward to seeing you at 200 and beyond! Congratulations Mike!
Thanks W2W,  thanks for being there for the first 100 days, appreciate all the help more than you know. Because I know  believe it isn't coincidental that with all the positive changes in my life that quitting was the jumping off point. Looking forward to reaching 200  beyond with ya for sure bro

Offline Mike from AB

• Quitter
« Reply #157 on: November 30, 2013, 01:24:00 PM »
For me, this is tougher than I thought.  My quit was unplanned on impulse after I'd fought off yet another nic fit.  I was always good at putting them off  moderating consumption.  Which of course meant I never had to quit...

Thanks to that though, the physical symptoms havent been as bad as I've expected.  The mornings are foggy  I still have lower energy than my usual lows.  But the psychological part is worse.  Ive gone through a tin of Smoky Mountain combatting triggers for today, so I know I'll have to deal with the psychological after the physical is over.

You have hit a great first Milestone and I look forward to seeing you for many more.
Thanks Pinched,  thanks for dragging up this old post! Haha only 100 days ago  I hardly recognize that guy! Yet that guy still seems so close. Continuing to post +1's with ya

Offline Mike from AB

• Quitter
« Reply #156 on: November 30, 2013, 01:23:00 PM »
Quote from: jlud007
Congratulations Mike, enjoy you your 100th day of freedom!

See you tomorrow at roll for 101.
Thanks JLud, proud to continue posting the +1's with ya!

Offline Jayhawk

• Quitter
  • Interests: Fishing
« Reply #155 on: November 27, 2013, 10:32:00 AM »
Congrats Mike from AB!

Great to see you hit the HOF! Life is much better now eh?

Did I spell eh correctly?

Ha Ha!!!!!!
The fog is just one long kick in the balls.

Quit 5/15/13
HOF 8/22/13

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #154 on: November 27, 2013, 08:57:00 AM »

Wow! Dude, you have come a long way in a lot if ways in 100 days! Lots if positive life improvements, and it isn't coincidental that quitting was the jumping off point. 100 is just the beginning, life gets better from here. Thanks for bringing me along for the ride this last 100 days - it has been quite a ride, but well worth it! I look forward to seeing you at 200 and beyond! Congratulations Mike!

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
« Reply #153 on: November 27, 2013, 08:42:00 AM »
For me, this is tougher than I thought. My quit was unplanned on impulse after I'd fought off yet another nic fit. I was always good at putting them off  moderating consumption. Which of course meant I never had to quit...

Thanks to that though, the physical symptoms havent been as bad as I've expected. The mornings are foggy  I still have lower energy than my usual lows. But the psychological part is worse. Ive gone through a tin of Smoky Mountain combatting triggers for today, so I know I'll have to deal with the psychological after the physical is over.

"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline Jlud007

• Quitter
« Reply #152 on: November 27, 2013, 08:37:00 AM »
Congratulations Mike, enjoy you your 100th day of freedom!

See you tomorrow at roll for 101.

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
« Reply #151 on: November 27, 2013, 08:29:00 AM »
To start off, I'm currently single, but in a committed relationship which would see me go from no kids to inheriting 3. Ages 6, 12, and 16, all awesome kids. Obviously from Alberta, currently calling Red Deer home.

Really started dipping in college, brand of choice was Cope snuff for nearly 20 years. Not sure what to bring on the train to share, I'm learning new drink recipes lately, not sure anyone wants to try the results of my bartending. In the event of a serious train accident just send up a prayer for me. Nothing inappropriate or crazy for behavior, my tobacco use was about as bad as anything in my life.

The 100 day HoF celebration should be a low key midweek family meal at home, which will be plenty celebration for me until the weekend when I take the boys to the gun range. I'll be signing up for 200 days given that I'd still like to cave with a cigar on occasion. But then I'd be throwing away my effort and teaching those boys a message that tobacco use is acceptable, which they'll hear often enough outside the home.

I'm learning, the 100 days isn't the whole healing process but just the beginning. Beyond that the only other wisdom I have is to go with you get out of the site what you put into it for sure. Be yourself  make a friend or two. Getting involved really helps your quit.

For a fav movie nothing beats a good Bond flick, but for TV Shows I'm partial to cop shows like the first 48 and yes Cops. Looking forward to seeing the Seattle Seahawks keep up their great season so far.

For a living I do Supply Chain, specifically Materials Management, for a large multinational oil  gas co which I really enjoy. I drive an 07 F-150  89 Mustang (GT 5.0 vert). Fav hobby is working on my house, though not much going on right now.

So many have been an awesome help in my quit. Worktowin has been there for me right from the start and become a great friend as well. Quit always checks on me each day if I don't check in  is a great quit leader. AppleJack has also been a great source of inspiration, discussion, and help. SportsFan was awesome to get me involved to an even greater level. Mookie has become a friend and Zeno  NoMoreDip have never failed to post support. BearHawk always checks in on me as well  Zak  Aredmo have been there everyday. So many others have been there with a text or two too. Thanks to everyone on KTC for getting this to be a great quit!
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
« Reply #150 on: November 27, 2013, 08:29:00 AM »
Phew, I see lots in the November group that are in the same 72hr type period as me. How's it all goin for yall?

For me, this is tougher than I thought. My quit was unplanned on impulse after I'd fought off yet another nic fit. I was always good at putting them off  moderating consumption. Which of course meant I never had to quit...

Thanks to that though, the physical symptoms havent been as bad as I've expected. The mornings are foggy  I still have lower energy than my usual lows. But the psychological part is worse. Ive gone through a tin of Smoky Mountain combatting triggers for today, so I know I'll have to deal with the psychological after the physical is over.

But it's time. I'm 38yo, dipped cope for the better part of 2 decades now. But I could never handle a cancer diagnosis that was of my own causing. Any other type? I could deal with that. But at my own hand? I still have too much in life to achieve.

1. Career - I'm finally at a point in my career where work has plenty of upsides  lots of promotions. Looking at an office/leadership position next and a cancer diagnosis would kill that dream pretty quick.
2. Marriage  Family - yes at my age I've never married nor been a father, both I'd still would love to experience.
3. Material Wants - looking at a winter home,  it'll be time in the next few years to replace both vehicles in the garage, kinda hard to do any of that if #1 isn't possible,  none of it matters much if I can't still go after #2.

So onwards  onwards to day #3 for me. Hope yall are doin ok with this!
Bump for a reminder HOF Day

Offline Mike from AB

• Quitter
« Reply #149 on: October 24, 2013, 10:35:00 AM »
Quote from: tgafish
Quote from: ParadigmDawg
You got this buddy. Look at my timeline from where you are right now.

Day 39-60: The roller coaster days. Mod craves followed by no craves, bad temper and mild depression. A difficult time but I was not giving up at this point.

Day 61-73: The best days by far. Seldom think about dip, temper is way better, sleeping like a normal person and just feeling pretty darn good. I am stacking up these good days to recharge my batteries and prepare for the next round of fights".

Day 74- 85: Really good days. Strong cravings when I have too many drinks so I have been careful with drinking. Normal days are now 0-1 crave. My temper has been completely under control for 2 weeks now.

Day 86-93: Zero craves, zero dip dreams and temper under control. The strong craves when I drink are also gone. I am disgusted when I see someone dip. Proudly watching my group hit HOF one at a time; which is just how we quit, one day at a time. My guard is still held high as I know the fight is far from over.
Thanks for posting up your timeline here PD. I'd seen it other places for sure  though I know all guys are different  experience different symptoms in different intensitys at different times, it's still a good accurate summary I think of roughly what anyone can expect.
Let me tell you boys. It gets even better!
Thanks for posting some support TGA. Awesome work to make 8th floor so I know you know what you're talking about when you tell us it can get so much better!

Offline tgafish

• FREEDOM
  • Quitter
  • Quit Date: 5-26-2011
  • Interests: Family,Fishing, hunting
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #148 on: October 23, 2013, 12:37:00 PM »
Quote from: ParadigmDawg
You got this buddy. Look at my timeline from where you are right now.

Day 39-60: The roller coaster days. Mod craves followed by no craves, bad temper and mild depression. A difficult time but I was not giving up at this point.

Day 61-73: The best days by far. Seldom think about dip, temper is way better, sleeping like a normal person and just feeling pretty darn good. I am stacking up these good days to recharge my batteries and prepare for the next round of fights".

Day 74- 85: Really good days. Strong cravings when I have too many drinks so I have been careful with drinking. Normal days are now 0-1 crave. My temper has been completely under control for 2 weeks now.

Day 86-93: Zero craves, zero dip dreams and temper under control. The strong craves when I drink are also gone. I am disgusted when I see someone dip. Proudly watching my group hit HOF one at a time; which is just how we quit, one day at a time. My guard is still held high as I know the fight is far from over.
Thanks for posting up your timeline here PD. I'd seen it other places for sure  though I know all guys are different  experience different symptoms in different intensitys at different times, it's still a good accurate summary I think of roughly what anyone can expect.
Let me tell you boys. It gets even better!
"DADDY, PLEASE DON'T GO"---- Kenzi Kern
Quit: 5-26-11
HOF: 9-2-11
Today and I'll bet tomorrow too
"Quit is the realization that chewing doesn't help........ever. Anything you tell yourself opposite this is a lie"-SM