Author Topic: My day 1  (Read 1183 times)

Offline Radman

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Family and friends. Other than that, anything outdoors....motorcycling, shooting, hunting, fishing, racing.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: My day 1
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2011, 02:44:00 PM »
Whacko is correct. This is not about dropping a habit. This is about fighting an addiction. It can be done.
1. Make your promise.
2. Keep your word.
3. Stay QUIT, one day at a time.

Ready is also correct. You have to quit for yourself. UST has enticed, atticted, and tried to slowly kill us for many years. How do you REALLY feel about that? Get mad, stay mad, and turn the anger against your enemy every day.

Reach out if you need anything at all.

Offline whacko

• Quitter
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2011, 06:44:00 PM »
Quote from: Country270
Hi everyone,
I found your site today and would like say yall have a great site here .  I've been dipping for around 4 years and have been wanting to stop for sometime now, especially after my Mom told me a story about my great Aunt losing most of her face tounge and eventually her life to dip. So I have my family and my wife pushing me to quit,and I now feel I am ready to stop killing myself. After reading over your site it really has encouraged me to toss my can of Cope in the trash and finally make a commitment to quiting this horrible habit.
Step one is admitting to the addiction. You state it is a
horrible habbit". I had to do the same thing when I joined this site 87 days ago. You are addicted to nicotene just like I am and everyone else on this site! You can do this once you admit the addiction and post role that you will be nic free......one day at a time!

Proud to be quit with you today.
EX ninja dipper!
Felt good to come clean on August 12, 2011

Offline charliehotel

• Quitter
  • Interests: Aviation, Blues guitar, Gadgets, Traveling, Good food
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2011, 06:43:00 PM »
Quote from: Country270
Hi everyone,
I found your site today and would like say yall have a great site here . I've been dipping for around 4 years and have been wanting to stop for sometime now, especially after my Mom told me a story about my great Aunt losing most of her face tounge and eventually her life to dip. So I have my family and my wife pushing me to quit,and I now feel I am ready to stop killing myself. After reading over your site it really has encouraged me to toss my can of Cope in the trash and finally make a commitment to quiting this horrible habit.
welcome aboard. on my day one i NEVER thought i could make it a week...much less 56 days. but you know how you do it? one. day. at. a. time. the people in here are great. post roll. keep your word. repeat.
charlie
Quit Date: 9/12/11 My addiction hurt my friendships, relationships, and most importantly, my health.

"I only bummed chew at first. Then I bought a can just for when I was out. Then I only chewed in the car. Then I only chewed at work. Then I only chewed when my wife wasn't around. Then I only chewed when I was awake." -Wastepanel (on having "just one")

"People here say your jaw "rots" or gets "fucked up" but the truth is much worse. The doctor butterflies your face and fires up a saw and cuts the bone out of your face. There's no decay. It's not gradually. It's a saw. On your face." - BallStateDeac

Offline nbond02

• Quitter
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2011, 05:23:00 PM »
You picked a great day to quit. I am also new at this and only been quit for 4 days but they have been the best 4 days in years.

You will experience some feelings and emotions that are not typical but they come and go.

Know this - Use this site as much as possible, the people on here are great.
- Quit one day at a time
- Post roll every morning and make a daily promise to everyone on here.

Let me know if you need anything we can get through this as a team.

Offline Ready

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2011, 05:21:00 PM »
Welcome.

Don't do this for anyone but yourself. We don't try here, we do. Check your (Inbox 2) upper right corner of your screen.

When you are ready, post roll.

keep your word.

Offline Country270

• Quitter
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Surfing The great outdoors
My day 1
« on: November 06, 2011, 05:16:00 PM »
Hi everyone,
I found your site today and would like say yall have a great site here . I've been dipping for around 4 years and have been wanting to stop for sometime now, especially after my Mom told me a story about my great Aunt losing most of her face tounge and eventually her life to dip. So I have my family and my wife pushing me to quit,and I now feel I am ready to stop killing myself. After reading over your site it really has encouraged me to toss my can of Cope in the trash and finally make a commitment to quiting this horrible habit.
Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body