Author Topic: Jon in Florida - It's time.  (Read 4240 times)

Offline Dumpo

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-09-02
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Jon in Florida - It's time.
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2014, 08:35:00 PM »
Quote from: ForMyLife
Quote from: FkSkoal
Now THAT was a fucking intro. Welcome.

You're gonna be having some extreme headaches soon. Excedrin for Migraine helped me big time.
thanks man. i will keep that on hand. Looks like you are getting close to your 100 days! Have your cravings subsided totally by now? Is this really going to be a life long commitment for us all? Is it not possible to quit and forget about it all - or is it an addiction that will never leave us? It blows my mind to see some people on here that quit like 1500 days ago and they are still posting roll and active in the forum. God bless them!!!! It's insane!
Nice intro dude. Love it. I will quit with you any day.

You know what's crazy about the forever thing? The guys I've seen on here who were quit for years and had one slip up, and went right back to their old habit. Read around on the site enough, and you'll find them. I can't remember the name, but I saw one a couple days ago that blew a 6 year quit. Nuts. No, the Nic Bitch will never leave us alone.
Nic free on 9/2/14

Offline ForMyLife

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-10-26
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2014, 10:40:00 AM »
Quote from: gooch44
It was great talking to you tonight Jon. Stay strong! You're doing awesome. I've got your back anytime.
goooooooooooooch - dude you were my lifeline last night. wish we were in the same quit group. i am here for you no matter what brother. you gave me some good stuff last night - and even late into the night and I really appreciate you man. last night was tough. tonight will probably be worse man... one hour at a time! I got your back gooch - you're the man!
My Introduction
My HOF Speech
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right" - Henry Ford
"To whom are you speaking?" - JonnyG on what to do when the Nic Bitch is tapping on your shoulder... I will never forget this.
"Don't waste the gas. Take those tins and flush their contents down the shitter, each and every one of them." - Raider

"If we handed out gold stars and pats on the ass to every swinging dick that misses roll and caves, this place wouldn't be worth all that much, would it?" - Tuco

Offline ForMyLife

• Quitter
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2014, 10:38:00 AM »
Quote from: starr_78
Quote from: redtrain14
Welcome 4my....looks like you are off to a great start.

Congrats on your decision! Best one you will ever make.
I second what redtrain said. I met this badass in chat tonight and he has my support. Way to quit! Keep up the intensity!
Starr_78!! Whats up homie? Yeah about last night - sorry for all the bad language and blow ups on the chat bro... i was craving like a whore. the nic bitch was licking my asshole all night long and you guys were there for me! thank you so much - i protected my quit hard and looking forward to another day of war! talk soon bro.
My Introduction
My HOF Speech
"To whom are you speaking?" - JonnyG on what to do when the Nic Bitch is tapping on your shoulder... I will never forget this.
"Don't waste the gas. Take those tins and flush their contents down the shitter, each and every one of them." - Raider

"If we handed out gold stars and pats on the ass to every swinging dick that misses roll and caves, this place wouldn't be worth all that much, would it?" - Tuco

Offline ForMyLife

• Quitter
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2014, 10:36:00 AM »

Thank you! Day 3 here, posted roll, and about to start digging in at work.
My Introduction
My HOF Speech

Offline gooch44

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-10-19
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2014, 03:10:00 AM »
It was great talking to you tonight Jon. Stay strong! You're doing awesome. I've got your back anytime.
Caving = Failure. Failure is NOT an option.

Offline starr_78

• Quitter
  • Interests: Way too much football, golf, real wrestling not pro, and hockey. I like to go pheasant hunting and shooting all sorts of guns. Cooking and eating are two more big hobbies of mine haha.
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2014, 11:06:00 PM »

I second what redtrain said. I met this badass in chat tonight and he has my support. Way to quit! Keep up the intensity!

Offline redtrain14

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: Family, hunting, fishing, running, mountain biking, swimming, building shit, and anything else that sounds like fun.
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2014, 02:17:00 PM »

Offline ForMyLife

• Quitter
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2014, 01:51:00 PM »
Quote from: FkSkoal

You're gonna be having some extreme headaches soon. Excedrin for Migraine helped me big time.
thanks man. i will keep that on hand. Looks like you are getting close to your 100 days! Have your cravings subsided totally by now? Is this really going to be a life long commitment for us all? Is it not possible to quit and forget about it all - or is it an addiction that will never leave us? It blows my mind to see some people on here that quit like 1500 days ago and they are still posting roll and active in the forum. God bless them!!!! It's insane!
My Introduction
My HOF Speech

Offline ForMyLife

• Quitter
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2014, 01:47:00 PM »
Quote from: Florida
Jon. We have a lot in common. I live in Florida, dipped for over 20 years and I am deeply involved in electrical contracting, engineering, and teaching. I quit 148 days ago and it has not been easy. I dipped over 2 cans a day and finally had enough of the wasted money and killing myself. You can do this. PM me if you need a number to text with.
Florida Longhorn - thank you! It seems we do have a lot in common. I am at work now about to head into the lab. One of our techs dips all day long, even though it's against the rules, and nobody really cares... I'm a little anxious about the smell of it, but i have to face it. Half my life is in a lab filled with dippers and smokers. boot straps on!

BTW - congrats on being quit for 148 days! That is definitely quite an amazing achievement!
I am around it all the time as well. I was teaching a group of 10 electricians this weekend and 4 of them had a dip in all day. It gets easier with time because it is a disgusting habit. The more time you are quit the nastier the smell will be to you. Hang in there. It takes time but it does get easier.
Got your PM - thank you for the digits. I have you and gooch in my phone now and will fire off if needed tonight. I am so happy Raider told me to dump the cans in the toilet... i have nothign to cheat with at home tonight. no cigars, nothing... i feel safe about it. its just going to suck. ill probably get mad - - probably run a few miles just out of anger. love this determination inside tho - like a raging fire... this forum is amazing. it's saving lives...
My Introduction
My HOF Speech

Offline FkSkoal

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-07-31
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2014, 10:24:00 AM »

Habits begin as cobwebs and end up as chains.
"The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it." -Jordan Belfort

Offline Florida Longhorn

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-02
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2014, 10:03:00 AM »
Jon. We have a lot in common. I live in Florida, dipped for over 20 years and I am deeply involved in electrical contracting, engineering, and teaching. I quit 148 days ago and it has not been easy. I dipped over 2 cans a day and finally had enough of the wasted money and killing myself. You can do this. PM me if you need a number to text with.
Florida Longhorn - thank you! It seems we do have a lot in common. I am at work now about to head into the lab. One of our techs dips all day long, even though it's against the rules, and nobody really cares... I'm a little anxious about the smell of it, but i have to face it. Half my life is in a lab filled with dippers and smokers. boot straps on!

BTW - congrats on being quit for 148 days! That is definitely quite an amazing achievement!
I am around it all the time as well. I was teaching a group of 10 electricians this weekend and 4 of them had a dip in all day. It gets easier with time because it is a disgusting habit. The more time you are quit the nastier the smell will be to you. Hang in there. It takes time but it does get easier.

Offline ForMyLife

• Quitter
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2014, 09:59:00 AM »

My Introduction
My HOF Speech

Offline Florida Longhorn

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-02
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2014, 08:11:00 AM »

Offline gooch44

• Quitter
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2014, 12:54:00 AM »
And check your inbox.

Offline gooch44

• Quitter
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2014, 12:49:00 AM »
Quote from: gooch44
Did I figure out how to post roll yet? That's a big deal around here and how u will earn respect. It's making that promise to yourself and to others that u will be nic free.
U not I...