Author Topic: Ugh....the funk;  (Read 1678 times)

Offline teamgreen

• Quitter
  • Interests: Kicking the nic bitch in the taint.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Ugh....the funk;
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2010, 06:03:00 PM »
Quote from: nomoregrizz
Oh.....the funk....the suck....the shit.....whatever you want to call it. I literally feel like i could eat concertina wire and piss napalm!! Im not whining....just venting.....Im going to bed early tonight, I have a long busy day tomorrow...which is day four. Hopefully ill be a little calmer after the 72 hour soak. Im told it's the last 10 or so hours of the 72 hour soak that can really bring you to your knees....by 72 hour soak im referring to the time it takes the body to purge itself of all nicotine.....im in the final 11 hours of my 72 hour soak and im starting to get that hazy foggy feeling. Im just babbling now...LMAO. Im gojnna go gnaw on some seeds and watch tv.......and remember this 72 hour soak. I NEVER want to feel like this again.
NMG 'bang head' 'bang head' 'bang head' 'bang head'
Right idea, Grizz. Don't ever, ever forget. Embrace this hell. Everybody here has gone through it, and everybody here has your back. Just keep on going no matter what each day throws at you. If you keep quitting each day, it will get better. Coming on here to rant, rave, talk, ask questions or read is never a bad idea.

I'm quit with you.

Offline nomoregrizz

• Quitter
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2010, 05:51:00 PM »
Oh.....the funk....the suck....the shit.....whatever you want to call it. I literally feel like i could eat concertina wire and piss napalm!! Im not whining....just venting.....Im going to bed early tonight, I have a long busy day tomorrow...which is day four. Hopefully ill be a little calmer after the 72 hour soak. Im told it's the last 10 or so hours of the 72 hour soak that can really bring you to your knees....by 72 hour soak im referring to the time it takes the body to purge itself of all nicotine.....im in the final 11 hours of my 72 hour soak and im starting to get that hazy foggy feeling. Im just babbling now...LMAO. Im gojnna go gnaw on some seeds and watch tv.......and remember this 72 hour soak. I NEVER want to feel like this again.
NMG 'bang head' 'bang head' 'bang head' 'bang head'

Offline nomoregrizz

• Quitter
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2010, 11:19:00 AM »
Im actually lucky....Ive been off of work for about 2 1/2 months due to an injury. I Just settled the lawsuit and Im looking forward to my new career as a paid EMT. So for the last 3 days I have been able to take it easy and just kind of work through the funk. The seeds have helped.....Ive been watching a lot of tv. Doing my best to keep the jitters to a minnimum.....The seeds help a lot with that and the cravings too.

Offline tarpon17

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2010, 07:28:00 AM »
Welcome bob! This site is awesome, lots of dudes in here to help with your quit. I also liked the fact that you pissed on the last two fatty's! Awesome!

All the info below, keep it with you, I'm a 16 day quitter and if I could do the first three days over, I'd stay at home! I just stared out my window or went for LONG walks while I was getting over the initial withdrawal. I know we all can't just take three days off....

again, welcome and PM if you need a # or anything else

tarpon

Offline Greg5280

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • BONAFIDE QUIT BEAST
  • Quit Date: 10-30-2009
  • Interests: Golf, Running, Cycling, Being outside, Spending time with my family. Quitting and helping newbies.
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2010, 08:46:00 PM »
Quote from: minuteofangle
first small victory.....The wife sent me to the store to get some shampoo and shitpaper. I went through a register other than where they have the dip.....walked out still a free man. Man.....that was tough.
Do you know why you were able to walk out without the dip? Because you are a Badass Quitter.....See you in the HOF

MOA
I agree that showed reslove but do yourself a favor early on. Do not tempt yourself like that. Avoid the C stores, bars, your old hang outs. Avoid the tobacco displays, tobacco stores, etc. It will make your life easier when the shit gets wierd.

Good job avoiding tempation! Wake up early and post your promise again tomorrow.

STAY QUIT
Greg

Offline minuteofangle

• Quitter
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2010, 08:17:00 PM »
first small victory.....The wife sent me to the store to get some shampoo and shitpaper. I went through a register other than where they have the dip.....walked out still a free man. Man.....that was tough.
Do you know why you were able to walk out without the dip? Because you are a Badass Quitter.....See you in the HOF

MOA

Offline nomoregrizz

• Quitter
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2010, 08:14:00 PM »

Offline bigduke45123

• Quitter
  • Interests: Outdoor activities, riding bikes, taking my English mastiff for a ride, and eating now that I have quit. Food has become comfort to me right now and I will probably have to ask the vets help on that to.
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2010, 02:24:00 PM »
good for you bob and welcome if you need anything let me know we are here for you.
Quit day - friday the 13th of August 2010
HOF day - November 20th 2010 - KTC's 4th bday
2nd Floor - Febuary 28th 2011

Offline Greg5280

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • BONAFIDE QUIT BEAST
  • Quit Date: 10-30-2009
  • Interests: Golf, Running, Cycling, Being outside, Spending time with my family. Quitting and helping newbies.
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2010, 02:09:00 PM »
Welcome to the party. As you can see there is a ton of support here. If you need something ask someone and people will be more than willing to help out.

Spend time reading the information here.

STAY CLEAN
Greg

Offline nomoregrizz

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2010, 11:33:00 AM »
Thank you for all of you support. It's only been about 7 hrs and Im already starting to feel jittery.....but confident.
Bob

Offline brianl

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quit Pro
  • Interests: NOT DIPPING!!!!!Family, Friends, Concerts and supporting the Boston Teams!
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2010, 10:18:00 AM »
Hey Bob! Good move brother!!!
We are here to help you and each other. You already know it's gonna be rough but you know it's gonna be worth it.

Good Luck and PM me if you need anything.

Brian

Offline Fort

• Quitter
  • Interests: Hockey, golf, football, baseball, fishing and being a great dad and husband.
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2010, 09:13:00 AM »
Great move and welcome. Post roll and do it everyday.

I love the image of pissing on the last two dips and then flushing it down. Made me laugh this morning. :lol:
Fuck em all and fucking no regrets.

Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings so that you shall come easily by what others have labored hard for.
- Socrates

Quit Date - 8/16/2010
HOF - 11/23/2010
1 YR - 8/15/2011
2 YR - 8/15/2012
9th Floor - 1/31/2013

Offline RWM

• Quitter
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2010, 08:38:00 AM »
Bob - right choice and it sounds like for the right reasons. Welcome to the quit. You know for your experience that you can't have nic in any form. You need to get a plan together.

I would recommend that you find the fake stuff (mint snuff, hooch, smokey mountanin) have it on hand. if you can't find in store, then order online. Get some seeds, drink lots of water/juice, get gum and plan to exercise to burn off the stress,rage and craves.

I dipped for 30 years, I'm now 115 days free and free is the right word. It's so great to be away from the nic. There are times that I miss it. Yesterday in fact I saw the can wink at me while at Quick Trip. But I stared it down and won a small victory because I walked out still free. So it's a day by day decision. If you use this site and keep your word, you will rack up the days. It's hard, but the vets and this site make it much more doable.

Join in the Jan group, post up and keep on quitt'n

If you need a contact, email or PM me. I'll give you my number.

Quit, it's what all the cool kids are doing!

Rob
Quit Date: 6/14/10 Hof Date: 9/21/10

My HOF Speech

Philippians 4:6 - Don?t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done.

Offline loot

• BANNED
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2010, 07:54:00 AM »
Good for you Bob. Welcome to the site.

Offline nomoregrizz

• Quitter
Ugh....the funk;
« on: October 06, 2010, 05:25:00 AM »
Hello. I guess I should introduce myself. My name is Bob and I'm 39 years old. Im happily married to a wonderful woman and I have four great kids. I have been dipping on and off since I was about 12. I quit dipping steadily and started smoking when I was about 16. Although I would still occasionaly dip if the opportunity presented itself....I mostly smoked until about 9 months ago. I decided to follow in my wife's footsteps and quit smoking,she quit a pack a day habit cold turkey and never looked back, but I found myself using dip to cheat. At the time I worked 6 days a week and it was all good until my wife put 2 and 2 together and figured out why I was always such a dick on Sundays....I couldnt cheat and lie about it when she was with me. I came clean and told her I had been dipping to take the edge off of quitting smoking. She caved and told me whatever I wanted to do was fine with her. I knew she was dissapointed but it was still validation.....and I was soon back to a can a day habit. My dip of choice was Grizzly long cut Wintergreen.....I would get something different once in a while but 99% of the time I stuck with the grizz. I have to say I hadnt even thought about quitting lately until tonight. I couldnt sleep and was messing around on the web when I stumbled on your site while looking for a coupon to buy a roll of grizz in the morning.....ironic huh? After seeing all of the mouth cancer pictures and thinking of my late Father, We lost Dad 4 years ago this December,( who was a long time smoker and occasional long leaf chewer), to esophageal cancer. I decided enough was enough.....Im done. I dont want cancer......Im tired of the nasty ass Snapple bottle Ive been using to spit in.....Im sick of the funky taste in my mouth and the rank breath.....Im tired of the inside of my lip being raw (for some reason wintergreen will sometimes burn the hell out of my lip).....but the biggest thing is the disgust with myself and the sheer terror that one of these days a sore or an ulcer wont go away. I have to say that I do remember the few days of hell when I quit smoking (before I started cheating) and Im not looking forward to it at all. For some reason tobacco has been my white elephant since day 1. I have tried many time before but I just couldnt quit. This time feels different though.....Im not quitting for my wife or my kids or for any other reason....Im quitting because I want to quit. I WANT TO QUIT!!! Sorry.....I felt I needed to emphasize that....and it felt kind of good to say it actually. Im sure you have all heard all of this mindless ranting before.....and Im just as sure I wont be the last. Today is Wednesday, October 6th 2010......and at 4:45 AM this morning, I dumped my last two dips into the toilet......pissed on it, and flushed it. Life is going to suck for a few days. But I feel like I have my legs under me this time. Wish me luck.
Bob Meeks Jr.