Author Topic: It's time... Day 1  (Read 1486 times)

Offline DodgemanBrownsFan

• Interests: Quitting!
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: It's time... Day 1
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2013, 12:07:00 PM »
It's noon, got a mouthful of jumbo seeds, a jug of water and a bit of halo 4.... One day at a time. Thanks for the words of wisdom!

Offline kkljinc

• Quitter
  • Interests: I love to workout, RUN, and Weights. Hunter and a Fisherman. Golf is my passion.Wife and kids keep me busy.
Re: It's time... Day 1
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2013, 11:35:00 AM »
Quote from: DodgemanBrownsFan
I'm not really sure how to start this, my name is Ryan, and for 9 years the nicotine bitch has had her hands wrapped around my throat. I stumbled on this site and had no plans to join, but after reading posts and seeing that I wasn't the only one who had done the stupid things that I had to keep my addiction... Dipping in secret lying to family and friends... Check. Checking my mouth every day for signs of cancer not so I could motivate myself to quit but so I could continue... Check. It's made me realize how many have been there done that already. So one month before I turn 30 I am quit... It is day one of many and for once I'm excited by the prospect of quitting!
Dodge, welcome to the quit side. I saw you post roll this morning and I was wondering when you would make yourself known.

Welcome to KTC, welcome to day one of your quit, and welcome to the suck. Here is what you need, Water, so much so your eyes should be floating. Seed, candy gum, whatever to help you out with the oral fixation.

Post roll every day, be accountable to your quit group. When you need to yell and scream come in here and do it. Exchange phone numbers with everyone you talk to, have a lifeline. Personally for me I dont want to just dip my toe in the water here, I want to get involved, I want to let everyone know I am quit. I would not want to screw up, the accountability I have created with these fine people.

Welcome, I quit with you today!

Offline DodgemanBrownsFan

• Interests: Quitting!
It's time... Day 1
« on: March 30, 2013, 11:27:00 AM »
I'm not really sure how to start this, my name is Ryan, and for 9 years the nicotine bitch has had her hands wrapped around my throat. I stumbled on this site and had no plans to join, but after reading posts and seeing that I wasn't the only one who had done the stupid things that I had to keep my addiction... Dipping in secret lying to family and friends... Check. Checking my mouth every day for signs of cancer not so I could motivate myself to quit but so I could continue... Check. It's made me realize how many have been there done that already. So one month before I turn 30 I am quit... It is day one of many and for once I'm excited by the prospect of quitting!