Author Topic: Sick of this  (Read 1649 times)

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
Re: Sick of this
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2011, 06:31:00 PM »
Quote from: hoyle21
Ok, day 1 in the back pocket.  Tomorrow I will more than likely be the first to post, so I just copy that again and change my day from 1 to 2 correct?
Affirmative. You will notice there will be a new "roll" in the morning. Quitters will add their name as the morning goes. East Coast, Central, Mountain, Pacific Coast.

You got this. Wake, post, honor. Simple but challenging. We have your back when you need it. You got mine when I need it.

See you tomorrow. Glad to quit with you today. 1 day at a time.

Offline hoyle21

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2011, 06:29:00 PM »
Ok, day 1 in the back pocket. Tomorrow I will more than likely be the first to post, so I just copy that again and change my day from 1 to 2 correct?

Offline G

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2011, 06:26:00 PM »
I see you just posted roll. Welcome to the suck, but also the best decision you could have made for yourself today. Make it your mission to read all you can on this site for the next few weeks.

Good to be quit with you. Yell if you need anything.

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2011, 06:26:00 PM »
Quote from: Scowick65
Quote from: Notdeadyet
Flushed, Ill post role call in the am
Post now and 1st thing in the AM!
Grab that day 1 and put it in your pocket! Day 2 tomorrow.
Congrats on your day 1

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2011, 06:05:00 PM »
Quote from: Notdeadyet
Grab that day 1 and put it in your pocket! Day 2 tomorrow.

Offline Notdeadyet

• Quitter
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2011, 06:03:00 PM »
38 yr slave
Dumbass No More 8/31/2011

Anyone can stop, but can you quit? A "Stopper" versus a "Quitter"

Dumbass No More - A Quitter's Tale Of Ending Stupid Behavior

Offline hoyle21

• Quitter
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2011, 06:00:00 PM »

Offline seagems

• Quitter
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2011, 05:47:00 PM »
I haven't quit yet, because I'm an addict. I am going to succeed but I'm not foolish enough to think it's a matter of spitting it out and carrying on with my life like nothing is different. I have specific goals, and specific dates in mind. Actually the plan is to wake up tomorrow and have my first day. I have to travel a lot for work, so the time I spend in my vehicle is going to be brutal. The timing is just as important, in my experience, as the mental resolve.

I went out drinking with my buddies last weekend, and we celebrated my last weekend going out. Not forever, but they all know better to even ask me out for drinks. I won't be able to do that for months. This is about overcoming my addiction, and it is my addiction. I'm currently at 1.5 cans a day of Kodiak. I need to be mentally prepared and it needs to be properly planned. I'm an addict, I need to change my life, not just spit out worm dirt.

I fully expect this to be one of the, if not THE most difficult things I have ever done, but I WILL DO IT.
Hoyle, it is hard, but it is not as hard as you think it will be. When you are chewing, and used to chewing for every occasion, it feels like nothing will be tolerable without a chew in. How will I sit in traffic, take a crap, watch football, mow the lawn, etc. without a chew in? Guess what - we all turned out to be wrong. By taking it one day at a time, one trigger at a time, we were all able to sit in traffic, take a crap, watch football, mow the lawn, etc. without a chew in and it wasn't torture. The first time might not have been that great, but that is where the bubble gum and water come in. Then, after a few times, you don't even think about the bear any more during those trigger moments. It might seem like an impossible task right now, but take it a day at a time and every day will get easier. I am no pro, but I am on day 38 after chewing kodiak for 20 years. I hated that shit and hated what it did to my self esteem and outlook on life and longevity, but I couldn't imagine getting through the day to day without it. Now I know that was all bullshit, just an excuse to keep chewing. Life goes on without chew and it is better without needing your "medicine" every hour or so. You can do this. One day at a time and next month you will be typing an email to some newbie like I am typing this one to you. Stop chewing now and enjoy the many benefits to freedom.

Offline Notdeadyet

• Quitter
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2011, 05:24:00 PM »
Quote from: wo1miles
The reason why this place works is the idea of unannounced quit. There is nothing better for your addiction than just flushing it down the toilet on a random day at a random time and posting roll for Day 1 of your new life of quit. Flush the shit, post roll. There is no better time than right fucking now!
I've been wanting to quit for over 3 decades. Never had the balls to just do it. A good dipping buddy told me he has stomach cancer and probably won't live very long. I spit out my last dip while talking to him. I always expected to be him. Now maybe I won't be because I quit every day. Just quit and never ever let dipping be an option in your life again. If it's not an option, you are quit.
38 yr slave
Dumbass No More 8/31/2011

Anyone can stop, but can you quit? A "Stopper" versus a "Quitter"

Dumbass No More - A Quitter's Tale Of Ending Stupid Behavior

Offline wo1miles

• Quitter
  • Interests: Baseball, Football, Basketball, Bowling, Reading, Writing, Spending time with the kiddos, watching movies with the love of my life (wife).
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2011, 05:12:00 PM »
The reason why this place works is the idea of unannounced quit. There is nothing better for your addiction than just flushing it down the toilet on a random day at a random time and posting roll for Day 1 of your new life of quit. Flush the shit, post roll. There is no better time than right fucking now!
Your mind is a lying, cheating, stealing whore. Your body is a saint. Now, who are YOU going to listen to?

Offline hoyle21

• Quitter
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2011, 04:59:00 PM »
I haven't quit yet, because I'm an addict. I am going to succeed but I'm not foolish enough to think it's a matter of spitting it out and carrying on with my life like nothing is different. I have specific goals, and specific dates in mind. Actually the plan is to wake up tomorrow and have my first day. I have to travel a lot for work, so the time I spend in my vehicle is going to be brutal. The timing is just as important, in my experience, as the mental resolve.

I went out drinking with my buddies last weekend, and we celebrated my last weekend going out. Not forever, but they all know better to even ask me out for drinks. I won't be able to do that for months. This is about overcoming my addiction, and it is my addiction. I'm currently at 1.5 cans a day of Kodiak. I need to be mentally prepared and it needs to be properly planned. I'm an addict, I need to change my life, not just spit out worm dirt.

I fully expect this to be one of the, if not THE most difficult things I have ever done, but I WILL DO IT.

Offline Wild_Bill

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2011, 04:28:00 PM »
Hoyle,

Welcome. As Scowick said and just to emphasize: must be nic free to be posting roll. Come join the December future HOFers. It starts with Day 1 and we go a day at a time here.

We are here to support you.

Glad to quit with you.

whsii - 31
Quit Dip: August 12, 2011
Quit Cigs: October 1, 2009

veni, vici, cessavi

Offline nkt

• Quit Pro
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2011, 04:26:00 PM »
Hi guys, just signed up.  I have not quit yet, I have some questions on a few things, and am looking for help.  I will say again, I have not quit yet, just so there is no confusion, but I am absolutely sick of this crap.

I started at the age of 18, and am currently 33.  I stopped for about 4 years and had a bad week and had nowhere to turn and let the voice get to me.  I caved in like a pussy.  Last time I replaced one addiction with another.  I started working out, and hit the gym hard.  Every day it was my goal beat the shit out of the weights and wear myself down to nothing.  That's going to be a big part of my plan this time as well.  I am hoping you guys will take me, as I know that the support of people who know what you are going through is huge.

I am confused on roll call, and if there are any pre-quit conditions I need to do.

Thank you
The nuts and bolts of how to post roll call are found here: How To Post Roll Call

The only 'pre-quit condition' is that you spit out the fucking dip.

As soon as you spit out your last dip, go post roll call in your quit group (December 2011) and keep the shit out of your mouth today. Then post roll first thing in the morning, each day, and keep your promise to stay clean for the day. Verbally abusing your fellow quitters is optional but highly encouraged.

So... why haven't you spit it out yet? I can guarantee that tomorrow, or next weekend, or the next full-moon-on-a-federal-holiday, or whatever other special occasion you think of won't feel any easier.

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2011, 04:23:00 PM »
We will take you. You have the same story as the rest of us. Go to the top of the page and click the welcome link. Read it. Post your day 1 when you have no nic in your mouth. Yes, that means you can post a day 1 today. After you post, no more dip for the rest of the day. Wake and post a day 2 in the morn.

Offline hoyle21

• Quitter
Sick of this
« on: September 12, 2011, 04:16:00 PM »
Hi guys, just signed up. I have not quit yet, I have some questions on a few things, and am looking for help. I will say again, I have not quit yet, just so there is no confusion, but I am absolutely sick of this crap.

I started at the age of 18, and am currently 33. I stopped for about 4 years and had a bad week and had nowhere to turn and let the voice get to me. I caved in like a pussy. Last time I replaced one addiction with another. I started working out, and hit the gym hard. Every day it was my goal beat the shit out of the weights and wear myself down to nothing. That's going to be a big part of my plan this time as well. I am hoping you guys will take me, as I know that the support of people who know what you are going through is huge.

I am confused on roll call, and if there are any pre-quit conditions I need to do.

Thank you