Author Topic: March 12, 2016  (Read 1695 times)

Offline RDB

• Quit Spartan
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date 1/22/16
  • Likes Given: 4
Re: March 12, 2016
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2016, 04:13:00 PM »
Hi. I'm 56 days quit after a 25 year addiction. As far as fake dips go, they seem to be fairly possible with many here at KTC. I've just been using sugar free chewing gum. As far as something to mimic Cope, I have no idea.

It's great that you are using your new marriage as a springboard to your quit. I would challenge you to keep in mind that your quit will only be successful if you quit for yourself and only for yourself. If you quit for your wife, and not for yourself, you will invariably resent her during your quit, and are more likely to cave.

I had some pain in my jaw, where I held my dip. It was weird, because I thought my mouth should feel better, not worse. What I've learned here is that is a signal that your body is healing itself. I also spoke to my dentist about it. He said that the drug (nicotine) may have been covering up some of the aches in the jaw.

As far as lack of strength, focus, etc... you are in THE FOG. It will pass. It will pass, and come back gain, then pass, come back... But, eventually it will be gone for good. Your brain is rewiring itself. Guys like you and me used for multiple decades. Our brains have to rewire themselves, and it takes time. Dipping was very much part of us, and reversing that takes a while.

Things will get better, you will be better off because you quit.

The backbone of this community is posting roll. We do it every day, as soon as we wake up. It's our daily promise to the community to stay quit. We quit one day at a time, every single day.

Your group is Pre HOF June 2016. June signifies the month that you will be 100 days quit, which is a milestone celebrated here at KTC. So, find the Quit Group section here in the forums. Near the bottom of that section is the June 2016 group. You'll find directions for posting roll. Post today, right now, then post tomorrow as soon as you wake up.

Get to know the guys in the June group. They will be your allies in your quit.

This site works, if you work with it.

I quit with you today!

Offline APIs

• Quit Date: 2016-03-12
  • Likes Given: 0
March 12, 2016
« on: March 17, 2016, 03:49:00 PM »
Hello Everyone,

I'm currently into my 5th day without my best friend, Copenhagen. I have been chewing for some 34 years, since the age of about 15. This time I am trying to quit using Chantix and the results so far have been pretty good. I've tried quitting in the past using patches  cold-turkey a few months ago, but have always failed miserably. Dont get me wrong, I'm feeling really crappy most days, but it's been much more manageable on the Chantix. The only real side affect from the Chantix has been the vivid dreams which I hear is quite common.

As a substitute for the oral obsession, I've been using Hooch Spitfire. It definitely helps, but would appreciate if anyone can recommend a brand that better mimics Copenhagen? Should I even be using a product like this? Would like to hear some opinions...

I recently became married again to a wonderful Woman and really do have a great life. The use of Copenhagen, while still enjoyable, had finally become a real sore point in my life. Both a love  hate relationship if you can understand that? My Wife has really never complained, but I realized if I want to be around and care for her long-term I needed to finally stop this sh*t. It has to go.

I own my own business and work from a home office so the Copenhagen was ALWAYS in my cheek during the day. While the Hooch has helped to take it's place (mentally), I'm still struggling and can barely type an email without making a mistake on every word it seems. I've made the mental decision to back off from work for a week or two, doing the bare minimum(s) to get by until my brain begins to normalize again. It's just really amazing how shitty I can feel at any given time and all the aches  pains I've been experiencing which is the really weird part. Has anyone else experienced this?

Outside of work, I've always been heavy into weight training so the chewing tobacco never made any sense while trying to live a strong  healthy life style. All my gym friends were always like; "WTF? You chew tobacco? That's f*cking disgusting dude." LOLs...

The last five days in the gym have been horrible with a total lack of strength and focus. So this only reinforces the terrible hold that tobacco has had on both my body  mind all these years.

Anyway, all your thoughts and comments would be appreciated!

Thank you...