Author Topic: Trying to Gain Perspective  (Read 1512 times)

Offline EFNKodiak

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2013-02-27
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Trying to Gain Perspective
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2014, 05:46:00 PM »
Fbomb,

First thing is you need to quit for yourself. Second, nicotine is a bad drug and addiction is, well addiction. Nicotine addiction just plain sucks. We have been in your shoes too. At first it seems that life can't go on without dip. Just take it one day at a time. Cold turkey is the way to go. It's not fun, but it gets better. Life goes on without dip. You will find out that you can cope with stressful situations without using dip as a crutch. Stick around and find. Glad you found the site. It has saved my life, it can save yours too.

Search around the site and find the contract to quit. I still have it in my wallet after 499 days quit. It's just one of the tools that helps bring you back down if you have a crave. Use the tools here, there are many and they work.

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2014, 05:08:00 PM »
Quote from: mogul
Quote from: Scowick65
Quote from: jlud007
Quote from: f-bomb
Hello Everyone,

I've been chewing and smoking on and off since I illegally bought my first tin at 17. Now I'm realizing that's nearly 17 years ago. I thought I would just do it for a little while and then quit once I became an "adult," but every time something stressful or difficult comes along, I picked it back up. I've been an attorney now for three years. I chewed all through law school because I thought I needed it to help me study. I promised myself and my girlfriend/now wife that I would quit as soon as I finished and passed the Bar. I quit for a few months or so without really worrying too much, but as soon as something came up at work where I had to really buckle down and work late, I fell back on chewing. A year or so ago, I really fell back in hard and I started chewing all the time at work, keeping my office door closed so no one would see me spit, and swallowing and having awkward conversations if someone knocked and came in. I hid it from my wife until a month or two ago, and when I came clean, she hounded me until I set a quit day: July 4. At first I thought I would just do it to placate her and then fall back in once I needed to actually get some work done. But I made it through the weekend, and I've almost made it through this work week. I got some nicotine gum in case I needed it, but I haven't for the past two days. I also got a bunch of sunflower seeds and snacks and munched on them to keep occupied. This is going to be my last quit, I really feel it. Especially after finding a site like this that has accountability. In the past, it's always just been me and my addict-driven mind.

I still worry because I have a hard time imagining how I'll be able to focus and get work done and deal with stress without chew. I really relied on it to make the boring things interesting and the hard things bearable. It's been a rough week so far, and I actually took a sick day today to regain focus. I'm in the middle of a big trial preparation too, with a lead attorney who's a terrible pain to deal with. I could really use help from anyone who's gotten through a similar situation where your chewing was so intertwined in how you get your work done in your career. Obviously, I'll take any help from anyone who's quit or quitting. I'm just trying to figure out how to rewire my brain to not need nicotine to feel like I can tackle something daunting like writing a giant brief or working a 12-hour day. I try to tell myself that (probably) everyone else at my work is doing it without nicotine, but it's still hard for me personally.

Thanks for the site. I'm in the quit group for the current quit dates, and I'm looking forward to getting through this with everyone.
Well fbomb... where do I start. First of all you need to pitch the nicotine gum, this is a no nicotine site.. period. We don't try, we don't ween, we don't wait for tomorrow here... we quit, today. One day at a time we keep each other accountable. If you've been dip and nic gum free for 2 days then your almost through the physical withdrawal.

Make sure you quit for you, plain and simple, any other motivation will not sustain you. I assure you that anything you did with nicotine you will be able to do and better without it, but it will take some time. It is a battle worth fighting and the freedom is awesome.
jlud is right. No nicotine.

So, I am glad you are here and I am here to help you quit. Figure out how many days you have been without nicotine and adjust your roll post to that. If today is day 1, so be it. Toss the gum and any other nic products and lets get busy.

Post roll every morning.
Get involved in the site.
Read the site
Get hold of me or another if you need help. We are here to help you.
Exactly what these ^^^^^^^^^^guys said..and I will add a few thoughts

You are an attorney, obviously you have some smarts and drive. Reach deep inside of yourself and use the drive that passed the BAR to quit nicotine. In other words man, man up. Have a killer attitude. Tell nicotine you are fucking done and there is nothing, NOTHING, that will change that. Also, enough about your wife. She is going to piss you off and probably here soon. If your quit is about her you will be back finger fucking a tin can so fast her panties will come off. Quit for you dude. Quit because you love yourself and you know that you are worth more than muff diving with tobacco. Your an addict, we all are, be you can overcome. You just have to make the final decision to end that relationship.

Mogul
If all the above information doesn't yet make your @$$hole pucker up enough; read these motivational stories as well and then dry the tears and come back to quit clean (the below words are links to stories):

Randy's story

Tom Kern

Sean Marsee
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline Mogul

• Quitter
  • Interests: Pilot
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2014, 05:05:00 PM »
Quote from: Scowick65
Hello Everyone,

I've been chewing and smoking on and off since I illegally bought my first tin at 17. Now I'm realizing that's nearly 17 years ago. I thought I would just do it for a little while and then quit once I became an "adult," but every time something stressful or difficult comes along, I picked it back up. I've been an attorney now for three years. I chewed all through law school because I thought I needed it to help me study. I promised myself and my girlfriend/now wife that I would quit as soon as I finished and passed the Bar. I quit for a few months or so without really worrying too much, but as soon as something came up at work where I had to really buckle down and work late, I fell back on chewing. A year or so ago, I really fell back in hard and I started chewing all the time at work, keeping my office door closed so no one would see me spit, and swallowing and having awkward conversations if someone knocked and came in. I hid it from my wife until a month or two ago, and when I came clean, she hounded me until I set a quit day: July 4. At first I thought I would just do it to placate her and then fall back in once I needed to actually get some work done. But I made it through the weekend, and I've almost made it through this work week. I got some nicotine gum in case I needed it, but I haven't for the past two days. I also got a bunch of sunflower seeds and snacks and munched on them to keep occupied. This is going to be my last quit, I really feel it. Especially after finding a site like this that has accountability. In the past, it's always just been me and my addict-driven mind.

I still worry because I have a hard time imagining how I'll be able to focus and get work done and deal with stress without chew. I really relied on it to make the boring things interesting and the hard things bearable. It's been a rough week so far, and I actually took a sick day today to regain focus. I'm in the middle of a big trial preparation too, with a lead attorney who's a terrible pain to deal with. I could really use help from anyone who's gotten through a similar situation where your chewing was so intertwined in how you get your work done in your career. Obviously, I'll take any help from anyone who's quit or quitting. I'm just trying to figure out how to rewire my brain to not need nicotine to feel like I can tackle something daunting like writing a giant brief or working a 12-hour day. I try to tell myself that (probably) everyone else at my work is doing it without nicotine, but it's still hard for me personally.

Thanks for the site. I'm in the quit group for the current quit dates, and I'm looking forward to getting through this with everyone.
Well fbomb... where do I start. First of all you need to pitch the nicotine gum, this is a no nicotine site.. period. We don't try, we don't ween, we don't wait for tomorrow here... we quit, today. One day at a time we keep each other accountable. If you've been dip and nic gum free for 2 days then your almost through the physical withdrawal.

Make sure you quit for you, plain and simple, any other motivation will not sustain you. I assure you that anything you did with nicotine you will be able to do and better without it, but it will take some time. It is a battle worth fighting and the freedom is awesome.

So, I am glad you are here and I am here to help you quit. Figure out how many days you have been without nicotine and adjust your roll post to that. If today is day 1, so be it. Toss the gum and any other nic products and lets get busy.

Post roll every morning.
Read the site
Exactly what these ^^^^^^^^^^guys said..and I will add a few thoughts

You are an attorney, obviously you have some smarts and drive. Reach deep inside of yourself and use the drive that passed the BAR to quit nicotine. In other words man, man up. Have a killer attitude. Tell nicotine you are fucking done and there is nothing, NOTHING, that will change that. Also, enough about your wife. She is going to piss you off and probably here soon. If your quit is about her you will be back finger fucking a tin can so fast her panties will come off. Quit for you dude. Quit because you love yourself and you know that you are worth more than muff diving with tobacco. Your an addict, we all are, be you can overcome. You just have to make the final decision to end that relationship.

Mogul

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2014, 04:59:00 PM »
Hello Everyone,

Post roll every morning.
Read the site

Offline Jlud007

• Quitter
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2014, 04:55:00 PM »
Hello Everyone,

Offline f-bomb

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-07-08
Trying to Gain Perspective
« on: July 10, 2014, 04:47:00 PM »
Hello Everyone,