Author Topic: New here  (Read 1407 times)

Offline cbird65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Own it or be OWNED by it
  • Quit Date: 12-31-2011
  • Interests: trying to follow in His footsteps, loving my bride and renewing my quit daily
  • Likes Given: 628
Re: New here
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2012, 03:42:00 PM »
Quit is about you coming to terms with your addiction - It's got to be 100% your choice - I'm only 157 days here and I'm sure others have seen more come and go - Can I trust you word? This site is about accountability - I will have your back - you damn sure better have mine - that's how we roll

Check you inbox (1)- upper right hand
Believe Me

FLOOR 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ,11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19,, 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29,,, 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
 ,,,,41 42 43 44 45

Assurance

Offline Hadenough

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2012, 03:31:00 PM »
So here we go, I made a feeble attempt at quitting about a year ago and actually convinced my buddy to quit along side of me...he is still quit and proud of it, the smell of cope makes him sick. I was going strong until I left for Airborne school where I was surrounded by Regiment guys (Ranger) who always had a dip in and I was still using the Smokey mountain wintergreen to get by all of them knew that I was quit and some agreed that is was a good thing and others would say..."only quitters quit! Fag" all in a joking manner but it still resonated with me a bit.

Bottom line one night after running around all day and jumping out of the 34 ft tower I had the great Idea that hey I can just do it while I am here and nobody at home will have any idea, all would be ok because I would just quit before I go home......key word in that last sentence QUIT, I wouldn't have to be on here right now if I didn't have to QUIT again. So I graduated Airborne school and was getting my bags packed to go back home and said no problem and threw out the half empty can before I checked out of the hotel. Driving to the Airport I started to spaz that I would not have a dip for the plane and I could just have some more for the trip home and throw it out before I got home....etc you see where this is going?

When I got home I didnt throw anything out. I just bought a tin of Smokey Mountain and dumped it out and filled it with Grizzly because my Wife already knew that I did the Smokey Mountain and she wouldnt notice the difference in the smell...(see how much analyzing I put into the deception of my Wife for the Fucking chew) well eventually I eased into letting her know that I was chewing again and she was disappointed in me to say the least but that didnt matter to me, I still had my "best friend" with me, even when she didnt want to kiss me because my breath was disgusting from beer and dip, I did not care because she would fall asleep and I would be alone with my sweet Griz.

So what brings me back here...Myself, every time I have quit I was doing it for other people not for me I dont think I had one ounce of give a fuck about myself or my health, I have had a wake up call for ME. I was dipping so much the right side of my face would go numb for a day or two and then be back to normal for about a week. I was scraping dead skin out of the inside of my cheeks and then putting a dip in right on top of it, I would stay up till 3 am on days that I had to work at 7 am just to dip in peace, the carpet of my brand new truck has stains on the carpet from me wiping the dip juice of of my fingers from putting a dip in...these are just a few things that made me open my eyes again....do I need to list more?

I asked my wife on Saturday morning if she wanted to dump out my cans and She grabbed all 5 of them (yes 5) and skipped to the bathroom smiling the whole way, came back to me and wrapped her arms around me and said "I love you and you can do this" Never have I seen her look so intensely at me. I am now on day three and doing fine a couple of fits today but overall not bad. Feel free to Commence Ass chewings. Thank you in advance for them and believe me they all will be received and understood.
" A true leader has the confidence to stand alone, the courage to make tough decisions, and the compassion to listen to the needs of others. He does not set out to be a leader, but becomes one by the equality of his actions and the integrity of his intent. "

Douglas McArthur

Offline chunkles

• Quitter
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2011, 02:39:00 AM »
Hadenough,

I'm on Day 33 and I can tell you unequivocally that it gets better. I used to think EXACTLY the same as you, that everything was better with chew and it will all suck without it.

For example, I have golfed a few times a month, every month, for over 15 years now. And ALWAYS with dip. I was worried I wouldn't enjoy golf anymore, or even know how to deal without it.
So I golf a few weeks ago with nothing but my sunflower seeds (being careful not to spit them on the greens, I hate that), and it was totally fine! I had a great time and ended up not even missing it. Don't get me wrong, in my opinion, the habitual triggers are the worst part because we've been doing it for SO long. But, don't worry, it DOES get better. I promise.

Offline Capt Kylos

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2010-11-28
  • Interests: 2nd Dan Black Belt ITF Taekwondo, Judo, Krav Maga,Jujitsu, fishing, single malt scotch and craft beer.
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2011, 01:12:00 PM »
Try adding in some exercise...it really kicks the nic bitch square in the taint.....a tired body=a quiet mind.
Chew is for the weak, the ignorant, the stupid.....don't be stupid. Not stupid as of 11/28/10
Before you cave read this http://forum.killthecan.org/index.php?showtopic=4938
Acting with almost as much speed as cyanide, nicotine is well
established as one of the most toxic drugs known. In humans,
60mg (a drop) is a lethal dose, and death follows intake within a few minutes. Dr. Charles Ksir

Mouth cancer kills
one American every hour.

Stay Quit...it's life or death.....
Don't Cave

Offline Hadenough

• Quitter
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2011, 12:59:00 PM »
So day 3 is almost in the books just a few questions on how to get the ideas out of your head that everything will suck without dip? I have felt like that all day at work think it is just because I have a desk job and tend to finish my work very early in the day. All of my hobbies were and are triggers for nic! Think I might ask the boss to leave early so I can go to the gym since all of my work is done.

Does this feeling of "everything sucks without it?" Go away???

Dont get me wrong still going strong and have my arsenol of seeds/gum/hard candy/toothpicks/and straws at the ready. Just looking for a comforting word or two that it will get better....eventually.

'bang head'
" A true leader has the confidence to stand alone, the courage to make tough decisions, and the compassion to listen to the needs of others. He does not set out to be a leader, but becomes one by the equality of his actions and the integrity of his intent. "

Douglas McArthur

Offline jmiah

• Quitter
  • Interests: Baseball, hiking, working out (usually), my wife, and my awesome dog, Gunner.
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2011, 10:58:00 AM »
Quote from: Hadenough
Thanks fellas, will definitely keep up on this site and it has already helped me keep my cool at times. Thanks for the support and Hope I can help someday as well.

Brian
Keep up the good work and post roll every day. Let me know if I can help. Get yourself involved and it will help. Smart quitters on this site, so pay attention.

jmiah 'tanks'
candor dat viribus alas
Sincerity gives wings to strength.

Offline Hadenough

• Quitter
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2011, 10:56:00 AM »
Thanks fellas, will definitely keep up on this site and it has already helped me keep my cool at times. Thanks for the support and Hope I can help someday as well.

Brian

Douglas McArthur

Offline Ruderunner

• Quitter
  • Interests: Coaching my 2 boys (baseball/street hockey), triathlon training, yard work, reading.
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2011, 09:02:00 PM »
You keep posting and we will be there for you. YOU CAN BEAT THIS ADDICTION! Need anything pm or email me. Remember 1 day at a time, after 3 days or so it starts getting better. YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!
VAG PUNCHING THE NIC BITCH DAILY...
F-UST, F- the nic bitch and FUCK the GOVT for allowing this industry to thrive and prosper by targetting and poisoning our youngest for PROFIT. ASSHOLES!!!!!!!

Offline jmiah

• Quitter
  • Interests: Baseball, hiking, working out (usually), my wife, and my awesome dog, Gunner.
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2011, 05:53:00 PM »
Quote from: Hadenough
My name is Brian and I have been addicted to copen(hang)en and Grizzly wintergreen for almost 11 years. I have lied to my family and friends. Just recently lost my Grandfather to the same shit I did on a daily basis and I have had enough. I used to have the same mentality that a lot of people do when they chew...."I can quit anytime I want to " Funny thing was that I never wanted to until now. Dont get me wrong I had tried to quit before several times and failed miserably, and after two days of browsing all of the stories and testimonials on this site I realized I failed because I was never doing it for me, I was quitting for my wife, kids, cousin, grandparents, co-workers, etc. And I would get so much support at the beginning and it would all just fade out eventually and I got the feeling that "well they don't give a shit so why should I" and that is how the nic bitch would get me back time and time again. Not anymore! Not Today! My life and my career in the Army does not need you....Fuck off!

Sincerely,

Brian
AKA: Hadenough
Fellow Army brother...welcome. Glad you are quit today. It's not easy and mind games will def happen. Please PM me if you need anything.

jmiah
candor dat viribus alas
Sincerity gives wings to strength.

Offline Bean

• Quitter
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2011, 04:42:00 PM »
Sorry to hear about your grandad, but you're made a choice. Post roll, keep your word, and live free.

I quit tons of time before, too. The ONLY thing I have done differently this time is use this site...posting roll and reading. No pills, no patches, no bullshit.

You can do this...and we're here to help. Congrats and welcome, brother.

-Bean

Offline Hadenough

• Quitter
New here
« on: July 27, 2011, 04:21:00 PM »
My name is Brian and I have been addicted to copen(hang)en and Grizzly wintergreen for almost 11 years. I have lied to my family and friends. Just recently lost my Grandfather to the same shit I did on a daily basis and I have had enough. I used to have the same mentality that a lot of people do when they chew...."I can quit anytime I want to " Funny thing was that I never wanted to until now. Dont get me wrong I had tried to quit before several times and failed miserably, and after two days of browsing all of the stories and testimonials on this site I realized I failed because I was never doing it for me, I was quitting for my wife, kids, cousin, grandparents, co-workers, etc. And I would get so much support at the beginning and it would all just fade out eventually and I got the feeling that "well they don't give a shit so why should I" and that is how the nic bitch would get me back time and time again. Not anymore! Not Today! My life and my career in the Army does not need you....Fuck off!

Sincerely,

Brian
AKA: Hadenough

Douglas McArthur