Author Topic: My Intro......Let's do this!  (Read 831 times)

Offline Capital70

• Quitter
  • ODDAAT And Lovin It!
  • Quit Date: May 27, 2018
  • Likes Given: 10
Re: My Intro......Let's do this!
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2018, 07:01:00 PM »
Great intro! I will quit with you today! Check your box for my number! You are going to be in a kick ass October group! Make your promise and keep it! One damn day at a time!
Capital70
Quit Date May 27th, 2018
HOF September 3rd, 2018
Intro/Quit Journey
HOF Speech- I Get To
"The more I sacrifice, the harder it is to surrender"
"F#*k man, just post roll and keep your promise" -batdad
Quitters I've Met- 69Franx, Wiesman71, McDave, Jeidi1991
Bad asses quit....everyone else stays addicted

Offline mharty3

• Quit Date: 2018-07-05
  • Likes Given: 0
My Intro......Let's do this!
« on: July 06, 2018, 03:52:00 PM »
Hey guys,

I first want to say that I really appreciate everyone's posts and the resources this site provides. It's been instrumental in getting me to this place where I'm ready to quit and I know the support will be needed.

Anyway.....I'm 30 years old, married with no kids. I'm from AZ but now live in Southern California and have for the past year. I had my first dip at 17, became an everyday user/addict at 19, quit once before for about 6 months about 5 years ago, and had what I'm planning to be my last chew yesterday, 7/5 at about 3pm PST.

I can't even tell you how many milestones have past when I told myself there would be no way I'd be chewing when this happened from graduating college, getting a professional office job, getting married, etc. A convergence of 2 big events just occurred got me to this place where I'm ready to call it quits. One was turning 30 which happened a little over a month ago. I couldn't believe I had been chewing every day for 11+ years and was still chewing at 30 years old. Second, I took the last test for an industry license certification I have been working on for 3 years. I always told myself (brain making excuse for addiction) that it would be too hard to quit while I was studying. The withdrawal would be too much and I wouldn't be able to focus and pass. Well that was 2 weeks ago. I chewed for 2 weeks and finally looked at myself in the mirror and said that you've run out of excuses, the time is now.

I'm really motivated to accomplish quitting. I'm going to need help and i'm looking forward to getting to know you all in the process.