Author Topic: Verses for the coming week!  (Read 2298 times)

Offline GlennFtheKodiak

• Quitter
  • Interests: Gym and Coaching and Running Pop Warner Program. I'll fuck all you mother fuckers up.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Verses for the coming week!
« Reply #54 on: August 09, 2010, 03:46:00 PM »
Quote from: DeanTheCoot
I don't doubt that Glenn has some contempt for organized religion, but I also believe he's just being cheeky because Denny has created a buttload of threads in this section. A person can introduce himself only once, after all. One-thread-per-quitter rule. ;)
pretty much, Dean. LOL. i probably would have had the same reaction if he was quoting movie lines.
football rules, soccer drools

HOF: July 7th, 2009

Offline DeanTheCoot

• Quitter
  • Interests: reading, eating, walking, running, fishing, Freemasonry, coffee, pussy, hunting, motorcycles, history, badminton, trees
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #53 on: August 09, 2010, 03:42:00 PM »
I don't doubt that Glenn has some contempt for organized religion, but I also believe he's just being cheeky because Denny has created a buttload of threads in this section. A person can introduce himself only once, after all. One-thread-per-quitter rule. ;)

As for me, I'll take inspiration from any medium. And Christianity is defined not solely by belief or the Bible, but by those who practice it, one by one. Any person who truly seeks to live the life of a good Christian is a good person, in my book. Those who corrupt it and themselves, though, are common trash.

Denny: WWJD? He'd be full of balls and stay quit. Just keep that in mind. ;)

Offline GlennFtheKodiak

• Quitter
  • Interests: Gym and Coaching and Running Pop Warner Program. I'll fuck all you mother fuckers up.
« Reply #52 on: August 09, 2010, 03:41:00 PM »
Quote from: razd611
Quote from: GlennFtheKodiak
BTW, I am not purposely fucking with this guy or his beliefs.  i think the introduction section should be reserved for Introductions. 

I do love getting all you people mad though.  almost as much fun as watching Tiger Woods implode.

I love you all very much.  Especially Martin. 

Stay quit.
Maybe he is INTRODUCING himself to you through God. Open your mind Glennnnnn!

Integrity is giving your word and keeping it. (Exodus 8:28-32)

Integrity is more valuable than riches. (Proverbs 28:6)

Loyalty can be demanding. (Exodus 17:8-13)
"Whoop de Dam Doo" (Derrick Coleman, December 1994).

Offline RAZD611

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Untied and Unfiltered
  • Interests: Family, Fishing, Hunting, Sports.
  • Likes Given: 1264
« Reply #51 on: August 09, 2010, 03:32:00 PM »
BTW, I am not purposely fucking with this guy or his beliefs. i think the introduction section should be reserved for Introductions.

I do love getting all you people mad though. almost as much fun as watching Tiger Woods implode.

I love you all very much. Especially Martin.

Stay quit.
Maybe he is INTRODUCING himself to you through God. Open your mind Glennnnnn!

Integrity is giving your word and keeping it. (Exodus 8:28-32)

Integrity is more valuable than riches. (Proverbs 28:6)

Loyalty can be demanding. (Exodus 17:8-13)
Never Again For Any Reason

Hurt Feelings Report
https://ibb.co/NCwvw7t

Offline jpine

• Quit Pro
« Reply #50 on: August 09, 2010, 02:32:00 PM »
Quote from: DoneDippingDenny
Guys, I appreciate the remarks. However, I believe that Glenn is bothering all of you far worse than he is me. Everyone is entitled to their belief system, or their choice of simply not having a belief system. I have dealt with people such as Glenn my entire life and have no issue with them. They choose to have a different perspective and they choose to share it. I choose to ignore it. If coming onto my thread slamming my "verses of the week" somehow helps him feel "whatever" he needs to feel, I am fine with that. My thought was that I would do this weekly for as long as I was a member of this site. My hope in that goal was 3 fold. First, I wanted something to give back which may be of benefit to someone. Secondly, it was a secondary accountability for me. If people get used to seeing my posts and start to miss them (if I were to quit), they may begin to request them again which would serve to help in my 3rd reason for posting this (believe it or not Glenn, several have messaged me asking that I continue - even before you chose to ensure that we all heard your side). Thirdly, it was to get me back into a bible that I have not opened in quite a while. I thought "you know, I am quitting a habit that I have had for a long time and anywhere that I can draw inspiration from will be a worthwhile effort". I knew then that some (currently only one) would likely disapprove of my method, but I don't necessarily approve of all methods that I have seen posted on this site. The difference between Glenn and I is that I choose to say to myself "that helps them, it's their thing and is not mine to judge". Glenn is welcome to say anything he would like in my threads. He's not going to change my belief system. In fact, he is likely only strengthening it. I have made some great friends on this site already and I have absolutely no intention of letting one sour apple spoil the bag of apples. I choose to simply cut the "bad spot" off of that apple and use what I can from it as well. In Glenn's case, there may be nothing left once the bad spot is cut away. However, he's a human with his own ideas and may be of benefit to someone on this earth, and more importanly on this site. He is welcome here, but should be aware that he will not change my weekly goal.
can you clarify the following

my 3rd reason for posting this (believe it or not Glenn, s

Thirdly, it was to get me back into a bib

Which was your true 3rd reason?

Offline Ricko

• Quitter
  • Interests: Start projects that I do not finish... Bonfires in the back yard.
« Reply #49 on: August 09, 2010, 02:00:00 PM »
BTW, I am not purposely fucking with this guy or his beliefs. i think the introduction section should be reserved for Introductions.

I do love getting all you people mad though. almost as much fun as watching Tiger Woods implode.

Stay quit.
I am impressed and sad that I have missed so much going on. I need to click here more often.

Offline loot

• BANNED
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #48 on: August 09, 2010, 11:15:00 AM »
VOTW created in Wildcard

Offline GlennFtheKodiak

• Quitter
« Reply #47 on: August 09, 2010, 11:07:00 AM »

Stay quit.

Offline GlennFtheKodiak

• Quitter
« Reply #46 on: August 09, 2010, 11:00:00 AM »
Quote from: DoneDippingDenny
Guys, I appreciate the remarks. However, I believe that Glenn is bothering all of you far worse than he is me. Everyone is entitled to their belief system, or their choice of simply not having a belief system. I have dealt with people such as Glenn my entire life and have no issue with them. They choose to have a different perspective and they choose to share it. I choose to ignore it. If coming onto my thread slamming my "verses of the week" somehow helps him feel "whatever" he needs to feel, I am fine with that. My thought was that I would do this weekly for as long as I was a member of this site. My hope in that goal was 3 fold. First, I wanted something to give back which may be of benefit to someone. Secondly, it was a secondary accountability for me. If people get used to seeing my posts and start to miss them (if I were to quit), they may begin to request them again which would serve to help in my 3rd reason for posting this (believe it or not Glenn, several have messaged me asking that I continue - even before you chose to ensure that we all heard your side). Thirdly, it was to get me back into a bible that I have not opened in quite a while. I thought "you know, I am quitting a habit that I have had for a long time and anywhere that I can draw inspiration from will be a worthwhile effort". I knew then that some (currently only one) would likely disapprove of my method, but I don't necessarily approve of all methods that I have seen posted on this site. The difference between Glenn and I is that I choose to say to myself "that helps them, it's their thing and is not mine to judge". Glenn is welcome to say anything he would like in my threads. He's not going to change my belief system. In fact, he is likely only strengthening it. I have made some great friends on this site already and I have absolutely no intention of letting one sour apple spoil the bag of apples. I choose to simply cut the "bad spot" off of that apple and use what I can from it as well. In Glenn's case, there may be nothing left once the bad spot is cut away. However, he's a human with his own ideas and may be of benefit to someone on this earth, and more importanly on this site. He is welcome here, but should be aware that he will not change my weekly goal.
thanks buddy! stay quit!

Offline DoneDippingDenny

• Quitter
« Reply #45 on: August 09, 2010, 10:53:00 AM »
Stay Alive! Stay Quit!!!

Offline teamgreen

• Quitter
  • Interests: Kicking the nic bitch in the taint.
« Reply #44 on: August 09, 2010, 10:34:00 AM »
Quote from: redtrain14
Glenn,

Not in someone's personal thread.  Knock it off, please.
This is the Introduction thread not the Bible thumping thread.
Then don't click on it...pretty simple bro.
Dude, seriously. It's HIS introduction thread. How many people have to tell you this is ridiculous, counterproductive, and disrespectful. I can't wrap my mind around why someone would feel the need to try to beat someone down who is just trying to inspire himself and others. You are accomplishing nothing positive here, only negative. I'm not really religious either, but wow. Why can't you (at least) stop, and (doubtfully, but hopefully) apologize.

Offline Martin

• Quitter
  • Interests: Hunting, fishing,
« Reply #43 on: August 09, 2010, 08:56:00 AM »
Glenn,

Glenn hates everybody! He said it himself! I really appreciate the verses. Keep them coming DDD!
quit date 1-19-10
"If it was easy, everyone would do it!"

Offline redtrain14

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: Family, hunting, fishing, running, mountain biking, swimming, building shit, and anything else that sounds like fun.
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2010, 08:54:00 AM »
Glenn,

Offline GlennFtheKodiak

• Quitter
« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2010, 08:52:00 AM »
Glenn,

Not in someone's personal thread. Knock it off, please.

Offline redtrain14

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: Family, hunting, fishing, running, mountain biking, swimming, building shit, and anything else that sounds like fun.
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2010, 08:42:00 AM »
Glenn,

Not in someone's personal thread. Knock it off, please.