Author Topic: Verses for the coming week!  (Read 2297 times)

Offline RagingJew

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Verses for the coming week!
« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2010, 08:35:00 AM »
Well, this thread went to shit in a hurry.

Offline redyota

• Master of Quit
« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2010, 07:55:00 AM »
I just question what you feel you gain from your comments. Is your self-esteem so low that you only feel better by trying to bring down others? Anyone willing to post weekly verses or defend that person is so secure in their faith, it's never gonna work for you , so you may want to re-assess. Normally, I wouldn't even comment on your trollish remarks, but you chose to place them in a newbies thread. That tells me that you would rather try to run off a Christan than have them quit, which I believe everyone on this site, Christians or not, will have a problem with. Go somewhere else and pick on someone your own size, not a guy still in the fog. Or are you not man enough for that?

Like I said earlier, there is a thread for religious debate, if your views are that strong, go debate and discuss them there.
"We shall not fail or falter; we shall not weaken or tire...Give us the tools and we will finish the job." - Sir Winston Churchill

"Not using gets much easier as time goes by, but the consequences of "just one" never lessen." - Me

Offline davenc

• Quitter
    • www.its-s.net
« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2010, 07:42:00 AM »
Quote from: GlennFtheKodiak
Quote from: loot
Wow.  What doosh you are GFTK. Trollish actually. Asshole.

There is a prayers thread that may work?

If not, and someone is willing to diligently keep up with it, LOOT is cool with Creating a VOTW (Verse Of The Week).
All this name calling is not very Christian like.
I think what everyone is trying to say is that a lot of people here like these Bible verses and they provide motivation to stay quit another day. It is just frustrating to these people to have someone come in and talk down about their methods. It is just a matter of respect. Respect what works for these people as they respect whatever works for you. There are no sides amongst us here. We're all here to fight against a very bad addiction. We are all on the same team.

Dave
Quit with extreme prejudice...
My orders say I'm not supposed to know where I'm taking this quit, so I don't! But one look at you and I know its gonna be hot!

QD: 07/28/2010
HOF: 11/04/2010
2nd Floor: 02/12/2011
3rd Floor: 05/23/2011
1 Year: 07/27/2011
4th Floor: 08/31/2011
5th Floor: 12/09/2011
6th Floor: 03/18/2012
7th Floor: 06/26/2012

Offline GlennFtheKodiak

• Quitter
  • Interests: Gym and Coaching and Running Pop Warner Program. I'll fuck all you mother fuckers up.
« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2010, 07:35:00 AM »
Quote from: loot
Wow. What doosh you are GFTK. Trollish actually. Asshole.

If not, and someone is willing to diligently keep up with it, LOOT is cool with Creating a VOTW (Verse Of The Week).
All this name calling is not very Christian like.
football rules, soccer drools

HOF: July 7th, 2009

Offline loot

• BANNED
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2010, 04:38:00 PM »
Wow. What doosh you are GFTK. Trollish actually. Asshole.

Offline GlennFtheKodiak

• Quitter
  • Interests: Gym and Coaching and Running Pop Warner Program. I'll fuck all you mother fuckers up.
« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2010, 03:50:00 PM »
Quote from: minuteofangle
Hey Kodiac Glen you are a dip shit...

Apparently you are not a christian, so what is that supposed to make you cool or something? I dont give a fat fuck what your religion is, it is your faith and thats it and thats all. It doesn't affect me. But to come on this fine quitters page and make light of his religion makes you a real fuckhead. If you dont like it dont click on it!

Now you can continue to act like a prepubicient 13 year old boy or you can recognize that your joke didn't play well, man up, and apologize to DDD like the man we all know you are capable of being. Your call...

MOA 'Finger'
Go to Church and pray for me.

Offline minuteofangle

• Quitter
« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2010, 02:14:00 PM »
Hey Kodiac Glen you are a dip shit...

Apparently you are not a christian, so what is that supposed to make you cool or something? I dont give a fat fuck what your religion is, it is your faith and thats it and thats all. It doesn't affect me. But to come on this fine quitters page and make light of his religion makes you a real fuckhead. If you dont like it dont click on it!

Now you can continue to act like a prepubicient 13 year old boy or you can recognize that your joke didn't play well, man up, and apologize to DDD like the man we all know you are capable of being. Your call...

MOA 'Finger'

Offline Lost

• Quitter
« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2010, 01:30:00 PM »
Quote from: RagingJew
Quote from: Tarheel
Quote from: DoneDippingDenny
As promised, here are the verses I suggest for week ending 8/14/2010

(Isaiah 40:29) He gives power to the weak. He increases the strength of him who has no might.

(II Timothy 1:7) For God didnÂ’t give us a spirit of fear, but of power, love, and self-control.
that and a nickel will get you a ride on the Subway.
Gftk, if you don't like it, stay off the page. It's clearly marked, if you don't have faith and won't give it a chance, fine, we won't try to convert you. There is no reason to come into someone's personal page to rattle off a smartalleck comment. If you want to debate religion, there's a page for that, go there and I'm sure you can pick a fight.This fellow is a fine new quitter doing what helps him quit. There's absolutely no call for you to try to harm his quit. He's also helping others in the process, including myself. Try to use a little refrain next time, or better yet, just keep your mouth shut.

Denny, keep it up man. I, for one, appreciate it.

Yeah Denny, thanks for the verses.
(Proverbs 10:23) It is as sport to a fool to do mischief: but a man of understanding hath wisdom.
the only Isiah I know is Isiah Thomas. And he sucks ass.
Knick prez Walsh seething over secret Isiah-Dolan deal

By MARC BERMAN

Last Updated: 6:39 AM, August 8, 2010

Posted: 2:41 AM, August 8, 2010

Knicks president Donnie Walsh is livid that Isiah Thomas is back in the organization and feels his standing with the franchise could be compromised by owner James Dolan's decision to rehire Thomas, The Post has learned.

According to a Knicks source, Walsh told Thomas in a face-to-face meeting two weeks ago he did not want him working for the organization. Dolan and Thomas had agreed that Thomas could fill the team's general manager vacancy if Walsh was OK with it.

When Walsh told Thomas he objected, Thomas went back to Dolan, who still has a love affair with the Hall of Famer and seemingly is on a mission to rehab Thomas' image.

Without Walsh's knowledge, Dolan and Thomas hatched a scheme in which Thomas could become a part-time consultant while remaining the coach at Florida International. (The NBA is reviewing whether the arrangement violates NBA rules on scouting procedures.)

Walsh, who had thought the Isiah issue was dead, was not debriefed until after the hiring was agreed upon, and he reluctantly put his name on a joint statement with Dolan. It was only recently that Walsh found out Thomas had been in Dolan's ear for months, offering free advice.

Some of Dolan's top advisors, including Garden president Hank Ratner, tried to talk Dolan out of naming Thomas as a consultant because of the public-relations backlash.

"Donnie doesn't want him there, nobody wants him there but Dolan," the team source said. "Isiah seems to have Jim wrapped around his finger."

Walsh was supposed to have full control of basketball operations when he was hired in 2008, but this incident shows that is not entirely true. Walsh also has tried to hire former Pacers Mel Daniels and Chris Mullin for front-office roles, but has been denied.

The Post reported 2½ weeks ago that Dolan met with Thomas at the Garden's offices at 2 Penn Plaza for hours. Walsh, at the time, said he was unaware of the meeting. In a Post interview Friday, Walsh admitted he was not involved in negotiations about Thomas' new consulting position.

Friday's announcement, predictably, has Knicks fans seething, putting a damper on what had been a decent summer, considering LeBron James' snub. The Knicks added five-time All-Star Amar'e Stoudemire, Raymond Felton and Anthony Randolph with a chance of tacking on Carmelo Anthony in 2011.

Walsh is in Indiana with his 12 grandchildren and did not return phone calls yesterday.

Walsh said Friday he is not hiring a GM, but Thomas' ultimate goal is to grab that position on the way to taking charge of basketball operations once again. Walsh has one guaranteed year left on his contract, but by making this move Dolan has usurped Walsh's authority.

If the NBA voids the Thomas contract, Dolan would have no choice but abide by Walsh's wishes or fire Walsh, who has had health issues this summer, injuring his hip and undergoing neck surgery that put him in a wheelchair.

Last month, The Post's Peter Vecsey reported Walsh possibly would retire this summer. Walsh repeatedly has denied he has any intention of retiring. Thomas has four years left on his FIU contract, but he is not expected to stay that long. Thomas perhaps realizes the Miami school will be even more overshadowed in the coming years with the advent of the Heat's Dream Team. Thomas was already lobbying for a GM job in comments made Friday to ESPN.com.

As The Post reported yesterday, Thomas boasted to a confidant two summers ago he would one day run the Knicks again and just needed time to repair his image.

During the press conference to introduce Stoudemire, Walsh thanked Thomas for his help in the recruiting process. But some in the organization believe Thomas had absolutely no influence on Stoudemire's decision. The Knicks' spin is Thomas can help them in the 2011 and 2012 free agency to recruit Anthony and Chris Paul, the star Hornets point guard who considers Thomas one of his idols.
Congrats on being a douchebag...
RIP
JNH 08.07.2011
CAW 10.28.2010
TWB 06.26.2003

Fortes Fortuna adiuvat

Offline GlennFtheKodiak

• Quitter
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2010, 10:13:00 AM »

(Isaiah 40:29) He gives power to the weak. He increases the strength of him who has no might.

(II Timothy 1:7) For God didnÂ’t give us a spirit of fear, but of power, love, and self-control.
Gftk, if you don't like it, stay off the page. It's clearly marked, if you don't have faith and won't give it a chance, fine, we won't try to convert you. There is no reason to come into someone's personal page to rattle off a smartalleck comment. If you want to debate religion, there's a page for that, go there and I'm sure you can pick a fight.This fellow is a fine new quitter doing what helps him quit. There's absolutely no call for you to try to harm his quit. He's also helping others in the process, including myself. Try to use a little refrain next time, or better yet, just keep your mouth shut.

(Proverbs 10:23) It is as sport to a fool to do mischief: but a man of understanding hath wisdom.
Knick prez Walsh seething over secret Isiah-Dolan deal

By MARC BERMAN

Last Updated: 6:39 AM, August 8, 2010

Posted: 2:41 AM, August 8, 2010

Knicks president Donnie Walsh is livid that Isiah Thomas is back in the organization and feels his standing with the franchise could be compromised by owner James Dolan's decision to rehire Thomas, The Post has learned.

According to a Knicks source, Walsh told Thomas in a face-to-face meeting two weeks ago he did not want him working for the organization. Dolan and Thomas had agreed that Thomas could fill the team's general manager vacancy if Walsh was OK with it.

When Walsh told Thomas he objected, Thomas went back to Dolan, who still has a love affair with the Hall of Famer and seemingly is on a mission to rehab Thomas' image.

Without Walsh's knowledge, Dolan and Thomas hatched a scheme in which Thomas could become a part-time consultant while remaining the coach at Florida International. (The NBA is reviewing whether the arrangement violates NBA rules on scouting procedures.)

Walsh, who had thought the Isiah issue was dead, was not debriefed until after the hiring was agreed upon, and he reluctantly put his name on a joint statement with Dolan. It was only recently that Walsh found out Thomas had been in Dolan's ear for months, offering free advice.

Some of Dolan's top advisors, including Garden president Hank Ratner, tried to talk Dolan out of naming Thomas as a consultant because of the public-relations backlash.

"Donnie doesn't want him there, nobody wants him there but Dolan," the team source said. "Isiah seems to have Jim wrapped around his finger."

Walsh was supposed to have full control of basketball operations when he was hired in 2008, but this incident shows that is not entirely true. Walsh also has tried to hire former Pacers Mel Daniels and Chris Mullin for front-office roles, but has been denied.

The Post reported 2½ weeks ago that Dolan met with Thomas at the Garden's offices at 2 Penn Plaza for hours. Walsh, at the time, said he was unaware of the meeting. In a Post interview Friday, Walsh admitted he was not involved in negotiations about Thomas' new consulting position.

Friday's announcement, predictably, has Knicks fans seething, putting a damper on what had been a decent summer, considering LeBron James' snub. The Knicks added five-time All-Star Amar'e Stoudemire, Raymond Felton and Anthony Randolph with a chance of tacking on Carmelo Anthony in 2011.

Walsh is in Indiana with his 12 grandchildren and did not return phone calls yesterday.

Walsh said Friday he is not hiring a GM, but Thomas' ultimate goal is to grab that position on the way to taking charge of basketball operations once again. Walsh has one guaranteed year left on his contract, but by making this move Dolan has usurped Walsh's authority.

If the NBA voids the Thomas contract, Dolan would have no choice but abide by Walsh's wishes or fire Walsh, who has had health issues this summer, injuring his hip and undergoing neck surgery that put him in a wheelchair.

Last month, The Post's Peter Vecsey reported Walsh possibly would retire this summer. Walsh repeatedly has denied he has any intention of retiring. Thomas has four years left on his FIU contract, but he is not expected to stay that long. Thomas perhaps realizes the Miami school will be even more overshadowed in the coming years with the advent of the Heat's Dream Team. Thomas was already lobbying for a GM job in comments made Friday to ESPN.com.

As The Post reported yesterday, Thomas boasted to a confidant two summers ago he would one day run the Knicks again and just needed time to repair his image.

During the press conference to introduce Stoudemire, Walsh thanked Thomas for his help in the recruiting process. But some in the organization believe Thomas had absolutely no influence on Stoudemire's decision. The Knicks' spin is Thomas can help them in the 2011 and 2012 free agency to recruit Anthony and Chris Paul, the star Hornets point guard who considers Thomas one of his idols.

Offline GlennFtheKodiak

• Quitter
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2010, 10:09:00 AM »

Offline RagingJew

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2010, 02:59:00 AM »

Offline Tarheel

• Quitter
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2010, 06:49:00 PM »

They may call me Tarheel, but the heels suck. Go PACK.

Offline redyota

• Master of Quit
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2010, 09:58:00 AM »

"We shall not fail or falter; we shall not weaken or tire...Give us the tools and we will finish the job." - Sir Winston Churchill

"Not using gets much easier as time goes by, but the consequences of "just one" never lessen." - Me

Offline GlennFtheKodiak

• Quitter
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2010, 12:37:00 PM »

Offline DoneDippingDenny

• Quitter
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2010, 11:24:00 AM »

Stay Alive! Stay Quit!!!