Author Topic: quitting  (Read 2643 times)

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
Re: quitting
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2015, 07:31:00 PM »
Quote from: TLOC81
Quote from: icandoitforever
Quote from: Smeds
June 17th 2015. Day 1. The day I stopped being a pussy and fucking over my brothers in quit
I fixed it for you ...
'facepalm''
Thanks Smeds 'oh yeah'
Get back on that horse and come back stronger. Everyone has caved at some point even if it wasn't on KTC. So long as you learn from it and keep your word you can possibly gain back the trust of your quit group. Routing for you man.
^^^Yes. Now that brotherhood and honor are part of the equation there are zero acceptable excuses for failure.
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline TLOC81

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-01-13
  • Interests: Quitting chewing tobacco for good
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2015, 06:50:00 PM »
June 17th 2015. Day 1. The day I stopped being a pussy and fucking over my brothers in quit
I fixed it for you ...
'facepalm''
Thanks Smeds 'oh yeah'
Get back on that horse and come back stronger. Everyone has caved at some point even if it wasn't on KTC. So long as you learn from it and keep your word you can possibly gain back the trust of your quit group. Routing for you man.
Tedx on addiction
Transcending addiction Tedx

Giving up smoking is the easiest thing in the world. I know because I've done it a thousand times. -Mark Twain

Offline icandoitforever

• Quitter
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2015, 04:49:00 PM »
I fixed it for you ...
'facepalm''
Thanks Smeds 'oh yeah'

Offline Smeds

• Master of Quit
  • The bluebird can sing, but the crow's got the soul
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2015, 04:48:00 PM »
I fixed it for you ...
'facepalm''
My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

Offline icandoitforever

• Quitter
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2015, 01:58:00 PM »
June 17th 2015. Day 1.

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2015, 05:08:00 PM »
Quote from: wastepanel
Quote from: Thumblewort
I guess forever equals 7 days? Too much talk, not enough action. Quitting is hard, and not for everyone.
Nah.

Quitting is for everyone. This dude can quit forever.

He just has to get through this moment.

You can't do forever until you quit today.
Looks like he's a professional stopper.

At least he has another entry for his "history of dip". How lame is that? A time line for his dipping and stopping career?

Here's my history of dip....

Quit, June 4th 2012.
The End.

I wouldn't even dignify listing anything before that. What the fuck for?

Get your head out of your fucking ass and QUIT. Stop fucking Stopping.

QUIT on...
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2015, 03:43:00 PM »
Quote from: Thumblewort
I guess forever equals 7 days? Too much talk, not enough action. Quitting is hard, and not for everyone.
Nah.

Quitting is for everyone. This dude can quit forever.

He just has to get through this moment.

You can't do forever until you quit today.
In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2015, 02:04:00 PM »
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline Bram

• Quitter
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2015, 01:02:00 AM »
Icandoitforever,
We have all been there stopped and started numerous times for many reasons. Hunting season, fishing season, celebrating, giving thanks, or just hanging with old friends. Mine is as a crutch because I don't think I can do it without. Good times and bad just kept returning to the can. Well here's to leaning on people not a drug and to being quit every morning and every night. I quit with you today and tomorrow!

Offline Old Dog New Tricks

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-05-28
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2015, 02:37:00 AM »
My quit is strong and I feel good. Like you --and this is why I know this time your quit will last-- I truly quit for myself and internalized the idea that I will NEVER...EVER...have nicotine in my body again. When you realize that you will NEVER buy another can, it's a liberating feeling, but weird to know it's truly over.

Of course, I could still get up and go right to the gas station at any moment, which is why I don't get complacent or take it for granted. But these cravings are way more easy to deal with at day 16 than with my Days 6-10.

Psyched for you man. Proud to quit with you.

Offline icandoitforever

• Quitter
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2015, 01:45:00 PM »
Thanks guys - I agree. I had never really QUIT. Just stopped. A lot.

I always was quitting for myself though - nobody even really knows I dip. The difference is that this time I really will quit each day - I love that approach.

Thanks!

How are you doing with your quit Old Dog? Thanks for all the support. Hope things are going well for you!

Rigajig - Good luck tomorrow. I'm excited for you! I quit Sunday, but I quit with you tomorrow as well.

Offline Old Dog New Tricks

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-05-28
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2015, 02:23:00 AM »
Yo icandoitforever, couple of thoughts...

1. Just to quote some scripture on you: "None of those stoppages can be called a real quit, so in actuality, you have never quit, ever, until now." I think that is what the old timers here would say.

2. I dipped for 38 years and, quite frankly, I really liked the taste of it and enjoyed the spitting. It is a gross fucking habit in public, but in the confines of my own office, I enjoyed it. So, when I stopped multiple times --like you-- I usually was not quitting for myself because I didn't quit. I quit for my family, my wife, my kids, or just to prove that I could stop when I wanted to. But I never quit for me... never truly internalized the QUIT. So, I started back up again after every stoppage.

Bottom line, don't overthink it. JUST QUIT LIKE FUCK EVERY DAMN DAY, ONE DAY AT A TIME. If you do that, and honor your commitment to yourself and your fellow Samurai, then I guarantee you'll experience a freedom and health that you'll never want to give up again.

Offline Rigajig

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-06-12
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2015, 01:56:00 AM »
I can do it forever with you starting this Friday... My quit day. I have been planning it for over a week. Would love for you to join me

Offline icandoitforever

• Quitter
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2015, 11:59:00 PM »
Hi guys, I thought I'd post a little bit more of an intro. I've been looking to really examine my history with Dip so I can make finally quit this shit. I thought I'd take a moment and write out that history.

Sometime in the fall of 2005, when I was 18 and a freshman in college, I had my first dip. A guy who was a friend of mine gave me a pinch while we were partying, and I pretty much immediately felt like shit. Not sure exactly what happened, but I remember almost being sick in some dorm bathroom.

Maybe a month later I had my first "real" dip in the hallway - and loved, LOVED, it. Then, slowly started to build up how much I dipped and decided to stop after our ski trip in January of 2006. I actually did - for two and a half months. I was going through some shit that quarter, and started up again and dipped more or less regularly (though I think still without a full-fledged addiction for a few months) through the summer. Then, I started my LONG history of starting and stopping this addiction. Here is the timeline, best I can figure:

-April-September 2006. Dipped pretty consistently.
-September October: an "off" period.
-November-January: Dipped
-February: "off" period
-March-April: dipped
-May and June: off period
-June: had a week where I dipped about five times
-June-October: off period
-October-December: dipped
-January: off period
-Feb/March: dipped
-April - big quit. Stayed quit until Thanksgiving day. Wow - look what I gave thanks for. FUcking moron.
-Thanksgiving - Mid-Jan: dipped
-Mid-Jan: Quit. Stayed Quit all the way until September, had a couple dips (maybe 5 over three days or something) and stopped again. Stopped all the way until June 2010.
2010:
Starting in June, I dipped on and off all summer, and then consistently starting in the fall.
2011:
I dipped all the way until March 2011. Then, took two months off. Then, starting dipping again in May. Kept dipping pretty regularly. Took a month off in September and in November. But, dipped all october and December.
2012:
Quit in January. Stayed quit until June. Started again in June and dipped until March 2013.
2013:
Was stopped from March 2013 until September 2015 in NYC. Then, dipped from September until December. I took all of december off
2014:
January, and I was dipping again! Dipped from January 2014 all the way until September 17. I did a big quit push on September 17 2014, and was stopped all the way until early april 2015. Then, I started again.

Now, My Quit was on June 7. That is my quit date. As far as I can reckon, since fall of 2005, I've "quit" about a dozen times. I've ALWAYS wanted this shit out of me, and to be free. However, as y'all know, it's a fucking HELL of a drug.

Anyway - I'm done. No More. I'll quit everyday for the rest of my life. I will NOT have just one. Not again. I've come to far.

Has anybody else had experience quitting SO MANY TIMES? Or am I alone? What did you to to make your last quit stick - and run the distance? Any help is appreciated!

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2015, 10:42:00 AM »
Forever? I just worry about today. Post roll and learn what this addiction is all about.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.