Author Topic: Smoke and Chew  (Read 1849 times)

Offline Mthomas3824

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2012-03-14
  • Interests: Living my life and never turning back to the can of lies.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Smoke and Chew
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2012, 06:59:00 PM »
Quote from: Wt57
Quote from: Bean
Quote from: klark
Quote from: sammy
Hi all,new to group,my problem is i smoke and chew,I went to my doctor to get a script for Chantix,I know they use it to stop smokeing but has anyone used it to stop chewing to ?
Sammy I'm on day 32 of my quit. I haven't mentioned this much but I had 3 weeks worth of chantix left from a past failed attempt, Dr prescribed to stop chew I went ahead and used it up. I don't know if it helped or not. I do know that my quit is different from all of my past attempts and it isn't the chantix that made it different it is the support and accountability. You can do this with or without the drug.
If you use the chantix, I would ask you to go try their "support" system and tell me what you think. Do they have a person who quit that will offer you their personal cell number and tell you to call anytime you need to? Tell me if you think the "quit coach" is any good, the one that reads from script and pats you on the rump if you fail.

If you want to truly quit, this site will offer you more accountability and support than you can imagine. Ours is free, theirs is $150 a month not covered by insurance. They have a quit coach, we have over 11,000 quitters and most of them know how you feel looking at that can in the gas station and thinking "just one". How will it feel to call a quit coach when you want one, will it feel the same as the guy going through the same thing you are and you just called him and said you want one? If you don't answer your daily call with chantix, will they follow up? If you don't post roll here for a day, does your email limit allow for all the messages you are going to get wondering where you are?

I guess it comes down to what you want as support?
Klark hit the nail on the head. Pills and patches are for pussies. You don't need them. You need to decide to quit like fuck...whatever the cost. You gotta jump in with both feet and don't look back. Yes, it is going to be a struggle. But if you're not up for it, maybe your doctor can advise good hospice care for you.
Klark  Bean are you telling me since I used chantix for the 1st couple of weeks of my quit to fuck off? Does that go for Wellbutrin or other antidepressants?
All right, All right everyone...CALM THE FUCK DOWN!

You are all right and make correct arguments. I was wrong and need to correct my misjudgement.

I don't know jack shit about Chantix. I went and looked it up on-line. My error, I assumed chantix was a form a nicotine.

As a former user of welbutrin and other depressants, if a doctor prescribes it proceed.

Welbutrin didn't keep me quit though. I actually chewed more because it blocked the buzz I wanted so bad. When the pills where gone I finally got a buzz but went through a lot of heartburn to get it. I really did my part to o.d.

QLF! Protect your quit. If you talk to your doctor and they agree you need chantix, it doesn't seem any different than people hew use sunflower seeds or fake snuss.

And the support here is dead on. I love the comparable of getting a tap on the ass if you cave.

I am quit 50 days so far because of the simplicity of KTC. QLF protect it and keep your word. You know I have had bad days. Never imagined the support, No the love my fellow addicts (my brothers) have for me. This is a quit fraternity and it is all for one and one for all.

I am quit for 50 days because of support and keeping my promise. I grew up the first day I posted roll.

Do it or don't - You don't need to kill yourself over the decision. It is such a simple answer. Quit and be free, or chew and be a slave.
Quit And Be Free

HOF Speech

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2012, 05:40:00 PM »
Quote from: Bean
Hi all,new to group,my problem is i smoke and chew,I went to my doctor to get a script for Chantix,I know they use it to stop smokeing but has anyone used it to stop chewing to ?
Sammy I'm on day 32 of my quit. I haven't mentioned this much but I had 3 weeks worth of chantix left from a past failed attempt, Dr prescribed to stop chew I went ahead and used it up. I don't know if it helped or not. I do know that my quit is different from all of my past attempts and it isn't the chantix that made it different it is the support and accountability. You can do this with or without the drug.
If you use the chantix, I would ask you to go try their "support" system and tell me what you think. Do they have a person who quit that will offer you their personal cell number and tell you to call anytime you need to? Tell me if you think the "quit coach" is any good, the one that reads from script and pats you on the rump if you fail.

If you want to truly quit, this site will offer you more accountability and support than you can imagine. Ours is free, theirs is $150 a month not covered by insurance. They have a quit coach, we have over 11,000 quitters and most of them know how you feel looking at that can in the gas station and thinking "just one". How will it feel to call a quit coach when you want one, will it feel the same as the guy going through the same thing you are and you just called him and said you want one? If you don't answer your daily call with chantix, will they follow up? If you don't post roll here for a day, does your email limit allow for all the messages you are going to get wondering where you are?

Klark hit the nail on the head. Pills and patches are for pussies. You don't need them. You need to decide to quit like fuck...whatever the cost. You gotta jump in with both feet and don't look back. Yes, it is going to be a struggle. But if you're not up for it, maybe your doctor can advise good hospice care for you.
Klark  Bean are you telling me since I used chantix for the 1st couple of weeks of my quit to fuck off? Does that go for Wellbutrin or other antidepressants? How about fake shit ?? I thought we laid off nicotine. 100% nicotine free site!!! What else do we promise every day???
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline chitownsnus

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: December 6, 2019
  • Likes Given: 48
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2012, 05:02:00 PM »
I guess he gets how we are around here since he hasn't posted anything since. :D

Offline Bean

• Quitter
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2012, 04:14:00 PM »

Offline klark

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 10/22/2009
  • Likes Given: 67
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2012, 04:10:00 PM »

A promise not kept is the road to exile.

If quitting is cool, consider me Myles Davis.

Unless you bring value onto my 1/2 acre, I don't want to hear it.

Offline rgross298

• Quitter
  • F Tobacco.
  • Quit Date: 02/19/2012
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2012, 02:39:00 PM »
Quote from: Scowick65
Whether nicotine dependency was established and/or maintained by being chewed, smoked, drank, snuffed, sprayed, swallowed, sucked, licked or patched, in the end there is only one way out - no nicotine today.
What about all those cool suicidal thoughts or hallucinations you'll pass up on if you trash the Chantix, though?

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2012, 02:31:00 PM »
Whether nicotine dependency was established and/or maintained by being chewed, smoked, drank, snuffed, sprayed, swallowed, sucked, licked or patched, in the end there is only one way out - no nicotine today.

Offline pavetheway

• Quitter
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2012, 02:25:00 PM »
First thing you need to do is dump your shit and post up roll in the August group. Do that and sort all of the other bullshit out later.

This is the Welcome Center link..... index.php?showforum=13

Start there and get on with it.

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2012, 02:22:00 PM »
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline RAZD611

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Untied and Unfiltered
  • Interests: Family, Fishing, Hunting, Sports.
  • Likes Given: 1264
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2012, 01:57:00 PM »
Quote from: Mthomas3824
However, the nic fits, rages and struggles you go through to detox are not life threatening.
There were life threatning to someone that thought they might try to step to my shit the first few weeks.
Never Again For Any Reason

Hurt Feelings Report
https://ibb.co/NCwvw7t

Offline Mthomas3824

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2012-03-14
  • Interests: Living my life and never turning back to the can of lies.
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2012, 01:43:00 PM »
Quote from: Joeytc213
Welcome Sammy.  I just quit chewing (this is day 3) as well.  I also was a smoker and let me tell you, quiting chewing has been harder for me then the quitting of smoking.  I too had a prescription for Chantix but decided I would only take it if I absolutely had too.  So far I have not had to and I don't plan on it.  I wanted to test myself and my resolve and prove to myself I have the strength to do this on my own.  I put the nic bitch in me on my own, I will kick the nic bitch out on my own.  My advise would be to do this without the Chantix.  Use this site and we are all here to help you.  Think of this as pulling off a bandaid.  Just fuckin rip it off man you can do it.  Using the Chantix is like slowly pulling it off, it may not hurt as bad but eventually the pain will come and last a little longer.  Rip it the fuck off bro, you can do it!!
Hi Sammy:

Sorry but your doctor can lick my balls. :angry:

This addiction is real shit and should be taken seriously. However, the nic fits, rages and struggles you go through to detox are not life threatening.

This is an opportunity for pharmaceutical companies to profit off selling nicotine.

Think of a cold pool. You have the kid that gets it over with and jumps in. Sure it may be cold but that kid deals with it and is off having fun in no time.

Then you have another kid. "Hey, how cold is it" they stick their foot in, then a leg, then they might get up to their knees but the thought of it touching the pee pee is just too much so they go back up the steps.

Get my point? Time wasted and you still aren't swimming and playing in the pool.

I'm no doctor and I'm not charging you any fee for this advice. There is no gain for me if you believe and follow my advise so it must be true. Right?

Sammy the pool is crazy cold! You just got out of the hot tub so you already know you are in for a shock to jump in the pool.

Quit gearing up, making a plan, deciding what the best option is. Take the plunge and swim. Everyone here did and we don't bullshit. It sucks but we are playing in the pool vs mentally masturbating on how to swim.

Jump in, it sucks. Today is 50 days quit for me. I had no plans to quit the day I did. I was only thinking about it. With no help or advise from a doctor, I quit cold turkey. Once you start swimming in the pool of quit and tobacco free life, it is a ball.

Don't waste another second to break out of you nicotine prison of hell. Flush it and go. No more money, support to nic in any way. You don't need the bitch and we can support you through the break up.

Its your call. After my count down for you, I'm off to play with my quit friends. Welcome but if you love nic too much, our game is locked. In or out my friend and no hard feelings. We quit cold turkey and this is real not a binky or blanket.

1 - 2 - 3 JUMP!
Quit And Be Free

HOF Speech

Offline Joeytc213

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2012, 01:22:00 PM »
Welcome Sammy. I just quit chewing (this is day 3) as well. I also was a smoker and let me tell you, quiting chewing has been harder for me then the quitting of smoking. I too had a prescription for Chantix but decided I would only take it if I absolutely had too. So far I have not had to and I don't plan on it. I wanted to test myself and my resolve and prove to myself I have the strength to do this on my own. I put the nic bitch in me on my own, I will kick the nic bitch out on my own. My advise would be to do this without the Chantix. Use this site and we are all here to help you. Think of this as pulling off a bandaid. Just fuckin rip it off man you can do it. Using the Chantix is like slowly pulling it off, it may not hurt as bad but eventually the pain will come and last a little longer. Rip it the fuck off bro, you can do it!!

Offline Kubrick

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 3/24/2012
  • Interests: Guiar, bass guitar, Flyfishing, shooting, photography
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, 01:12:00 PM »
In my personal opinion, I wouldn't use chantix just based on all the testimony on it out there about what it does to your moods.

That said, I'm sure there are folks here that have used it and they can give your their experiences with it.

I am a nicotine addict who used chewing tobacco for 22+ years. If I can quit cold turkey, then anyone can. It's really just a matter of will power to suck it up and make it past the first few days.

If you think you need expensive medication to make it past that first week, then go for it, I'm just saying that I don't think it's necessary because those cravings and triggers will always be present regardless if you use chantix or not. No sense in risking suicidal thoughts or blowing up on someone just to make the quit a tad easier.
Quit date 03/24/2012
HOF date 07/01/2012

"The only regret I ever see on this site is from those who fail..." - Sac

My Intro

Offline sammy

Smoke and Chew
« on: May 02, 2012, 01:05:00 PM »