Author Topic: The first day of the rest of.....  (Read 1103 times)

Offline eyehatecope

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-08-09
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: The first day of the rest of.....
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2016, 04:51:00 PM »
A man on roll and willing to quit one day at a time. I pull for you sir! You got this!
Jenny and Tom Kern

RIP My Brother!

Offline kubiackalpha

• Quitter
  • Interests: Boobs, Butts (on females)....is there anything else that would be of interest? I can't think of any.
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2016, 11:53:00 AM »
Congrats! Keep up the quit. Keep on posting. I am sure you have been told this but, it does bear repeating. Drink plenty of water ESPECIALLY during your first 30 days. Drink water, some fruit juice, then some more water. Headaches and fog, body aches, restlessness, is all part of the recovery experience. Don't worry, this too shall pass. In the end, it is all worth it.

Offline Rawls

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: Nov 18, 2014
  • Interests: I am a Christian. By grace through faith.....I asked God to show me the truth. And He did. I am a believer! Wife of 30 Years, Golf, Hunting, All sports...Romans 10:9-13
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2016, 11:45:00 AM »
Andy is on ROLL two days in a row!
Well done sir.
Dont ever miss...stay on roll 100% every day....
Plenty of healthy ways to handle life.
Nicotine is Poison.
Poison kills.
I quit with you today.
Rawls 512 @ 100%
I believe.....

Offline 77Midget

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2016, 01:10:00 PM »
I would wish you luck Andy but im not. I will not wish you luck because luck has nothing to do with it. Its posting roll, being a man of your word and sacking up to do what you know is right. Making good choices will keep you quit. Interacting with your group will keep you quit.

Luck wont keep your from craving. Luck wont help you through the fog nor will it tell you that if you can make it through today you will be fine. Luck wont answer the phone when your on the verge of caving and trying to reach out. KTC and the people in here will help you with all of that.

Post role....Be active....Drink the Kool-aid........wash......rinse and repeat.

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2016, 12:49:00 PM »
Quote from: gungaro
Congrats on making decision. Use the Web site resources, other users and more importantly post roll every day. Good luck.
Welcome to KTC Andy. Very nice work with your first roll post. Being active here (reading and weaving a web of accountability) was the only way I found to really quit. The foundation of it all is posting that daily promise at the beginning of each day. You wont regret this. Its gonna suck for awhile but just believe it gets better and really is worth it!

Offline gungaro

• Quitter
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2016, 12:17:00 PM »
Congrats on making decision. Use the Web site resources, other users and more importantly post roll every day. Good luck.

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2016, 11:26:00 AM »
Congrats! Get posted up in Roll Call every day. Read up all you can here, learn all you can. Knowledge and support from other quitters is what makes it different this time. You can win, all you have to do it follow the method here, and really want it..... go GET IT!
This info helped me early on, and still does today: https://whyquit.com/whyquit/linksaaddiction.html

Quitters I’ve met so far: Ihatecope, >Pinched<, T-Cell, grizzlyhasclaws, Canvasback, BaseballPlayer, Cbird65, ERDVM, BradleyGuy, Ted, Zeno, AppleJack, Bronc, Knockout, MookieBlaylock, Rdad, 2mch2lv4, MN_Ben, Natro, Lippizaner, Amquash, ChristopherJ, GDubya, SRohde  -- always eager to meet more!

Offline RDB

• Quit Spartan
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date 1/22/16
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2016, 11:24:00 AM »
Hi AndyC

We stay quit by posting roll call. Find the Quit Groups section of the forums. Your Quit Group is pre HOF July 2016. July is the date that you will be 100 days quit which is a milestone we celebrate.

There will be directions for posting roll in the thread. It will be a little confusing at first. The only way to screw up roll is to not post roll.

We post roll every single day - weekends, your birthday, Christmas, vacations...

We post roll first thing in the morning, as early as we can - Wake Up, Piss, Post.

Posting roll is our promise to our Quit Group not use nicotine in any form for the day. Quit one day at a time. Make the promise every day, before you have the chance to buy anything.

Glad to have you aboard. I quit with you today.

Offline AndyC

• Quit Date: 2016-04-11
The first day of the rest of.....
« on: April 11, 2016, 11:17:00 AM »
Day 1, hour 1. Long-term dipper and swallower. All day, every day. Have quit before, this will be the last time. For myself, for my daughter, for us. Wish me luck, look forward to your support.