Author Topic: Newbie: I decided tonight  (Read 3040 times)

Offline Tsmith17

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Life is good when you're quit.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Newbie: I decided tonight
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2012, 07:14:00 PM »
Online this morning at 3:53 am + no roll post = fail

Offline Tsmith17

• Quit Pro
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2012, 04:23:00 AM »
Quote from: Keddy
Waiting for you to post roll today!!

'Popcorn'
I would also like to see a copy of that quit plan of yours.

Offline Keddy

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Break the Chains
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2012, 10:38:00 AM »
Waiting for you to post roll today!!

'Popcorn'

Offline Tsmith17

• Quit Pro
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2012, 10:54:00 PM »
Quote from: tsmith17
Where's that roll post Braker?
I ask for a roll post and I get a cave story. Great. Post your new quit plan in here Braker, I don't want it to get lost in May 2012.

Offline Tsmith17

• Quit Pro
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2012, 04:13:00 PM »
Where's that roll post Braker?

Offline G

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2012, 06:10:00 PM »
Quote from: tsmith17
"Momma didn't raise no bitch"
^^Love this quote^^

Keep up the good quitting brother.
X2

Good to have you here.

Offline Bean

• Quitter
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2012, 06:07:00 PM »
That's how it's done. WP hit the nail on the head. Never cured, but it does get better. I'm over a year quit and I still get craves every once in a while. They're easy to ignore now. I've learned to sorta like having the occasional crave...it reminds me of my freedom from the nic bitch.

Offline Tsmith17

• Quit Pro
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2012, 05:58:00 PM »
Quote from: Braker
I go to college at a four year university.  Im studying Optical Engineering and I have a job this summer working on Directed Energy and Laser Weaponry. This job is the goal of my life

Today I gave a presentation to the president of my school on why he should convert all on-campus vehicle to electric.  The whole presentation i was just in a fog.  I wasnt getting distracted or thinking about other things, I just couldn't think.  I couldnt hold any thought process for more than 30- 40 seconds (I still cant but now i dont really have to).  Luckily my partner is a good friend and a fraternity brother of mine.  He bailed me out so many times and afterward asked me why I was mentally retarded for the last hour.  I told him i quit and i was withdrawing from nicotine.  He fuckin high fived me.  I just made the biggest presentation of his college career so much harder because , lets be honest, i was useless, and he responded by high five and saying "never look back".  BTW, apparently the president loved our speech.

Sunflower seeds have saved me today. Luckily I posted roll, that means I made a promise, and my Mama didnt raise no bitch.  A promise made is a promise kept.  No nicotine today boys.
Your friend sounds like a GREAT friend. That is just awesome. I remember the first big final I took after I quit. My mind was racing. I was in a crazy fog. I got through it though.

"Momma didn't raise no bitch"
^^Love this quote^^

Keep up the good quitting brother.

Offline dchogs

• Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: May 16, 2011
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2012, 03:25:00 PM »
WP, love the knowledge you're dropping in here. preach on...

you should flesh out that pendulum analogy further for a WoW submission.
Quit- 5/16/2011. One day at a time.
HoF- 8/23/2011; 2nd Floor- 12/1/2011; 3rd Floor- 3/10/2012; 4th Floor- 6/18/2012; 5th Floor- 9/27/2012; 6th Floor- 1/4/2013; 7th Floor- 4/14/2013; 8th Floor- 7/23/2013; 9th Floor- 10/31/2013; 10th Floor- 2/8/2014; 11th Floor- 5/19/2014; 12th Floor- 8/27/2014; 13th Floor- 12/5/14; 14th floor- 3/15/15; 15th floor- 6/23/15; 16th floor- 10/1/15; 17th floor- 1/9/16; 18th floor- 4/18/16; 19th floor- 7/26/16; 20th floor- 11/4/16; 21st floor- 2/12/17; 22nd Floor- 5/23/17; 23rd Floor- 8/31/17; 24th Floor- 12/9/17; 25th floor- 3/19/18; 26th floor- 6/27/18; 27th floor- 10/5/18; 28th floor- 1/13/19; 29th foor- 4/22/19; 30th floor- 7/31/19; 31st floor- 11/8/19; 32nd floor- 2/17/20; 33rd floor- 5/27/20; 34th floor- 9/4/20; 35th floor- 12/13/20; 36th floor- 3/23/21; 37th floor- 7/1/21; 38th floor- 10/9/21; 39th floor- 1/17/22; 40th floor- 4/27/22; 41st floor- 8/5/22; 42nd floor- 11/12/22; 43rd floor- 2/20/23; 44th floor- 6/1/23; 45th floor- 9/9/23; 46th floor- 12/18/23; 47th floor- 3/27/24.

"He which hath no stomach to this fight let him depart. But we in it shall be remembered. We few, we happy few, we band of brothers! For he today, that sheds his blood with me, shall always be my brother." (Wm. Shakespeare). For August '11.

Who dares, wins.

Stay quit... it is life or death and that is the undeniable truth.

"To be driven by our appetites alone is slavery, while to obey a law that we have imposed on ourselves is freedom." Rosseau

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2012, 01:33:00 PM »
Quote from: wastepanel

What you are experiencing is what we refer to as "the fog".  It will mess with you, but it is temporary.  It's the worst here for the next few days until the poison is out of your body.  After that, it's slightly easier.

I like to think about a pendulum when I think about my quit mood.

You have pulled the pendulum over to the "Shitty" side and let go.  It takes some time and energy for it to move over to the "Life is good side".  It's not an overnight process, and it's not an immediate conversion. 

Your quit is going to be like this your entire life.  Sometimes, quitting is shitty.  Sometimes, it's easy.  It's going to swing back and forth many times before you become centered, and then something will come and bump it so it will start to move again. 

We never know when quitting is going to be either, so we protect our quit by coming here everyday and posting roll.  On shitty days, it's real easy to remember that you are an addict.  On good days, it's real easy to forget.

Always remember.

Grab some numbers from your quit brothers, and start texting them.  They are going through the same shit you are.  We vets are all addicts as well, and we'll do our best to warn you of pitfalls you may run acrossed.  We'll most definately point out an error in your logic because (1) we have failed because we once thought the same, or (2) we have watched hundreds think the same way and fail.

Post roll.
Stay quit.
Repeat.

Simple, but not easy.
I have class, be back at 3:30.... Are you saying that it never really goes away? your never completely free? you fight it every day until you die?
You are an addict.

An addict is never cured. Reintroducing the drug back into the system will awaken the sleeping giant in your head.

I stopped using originally in 2006. I posted roll everyday, and I knew I never could have "just one". Around day 150, I became complacent and stopped posting. I WAS QUIT!

In reality, my brain began deleting all the tools I learned here. First I stopped posting. Then I stopped acknowledging my addiction. Then I forgot I was an addict. Then I thought "I can have just one".

Then I did.

And I spent almost 2 years trying to come up with the courage to quit again.

What I'm saying is that you will always battle the nic bitch. However, sometimes you won't even know that you are battling her. She's crafty, and she hides. She tells you she's gone, but she's not.

Life is really good without her. That's why we post roll. We tell ourselves that even though the sex was good, bitch ran train with all your frat buddies and emptied your checking account. When you took her home for Thanksgiving, she shit in your grandma's planter by the door while the family was watching wide eyed. You don't want any part of her ever again. Fuck those "good times".

A simple acknowledgement (30 seconds via computer, 5 seconds via text) every morning will remind you to stay away.
In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline Braker

• Quitter
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2012, 01:22:00 PM »
Quote from: wastepanel

What you are experiencing is what we refer to as "the fog". It will mess with you, but it is temporary. It's the worst here for the next few days until the poison is out of your body. After that, it's slightly easier.

You have pulled the pendulum over to the "Shitty" side and let go. It takes some time and energy for it to move over to the "Life is good side". It's not an overnight process, and it's not an immediate conversion.

Your quit is going to be like this your entire life. Sometimes, quitting is shitty. Sometimes, it's easy. It's going to swing back and forth many times before you become centered, and then something will come and bump it so it will start to move again.

We never know when quitting is going to be either, so we protect our quit by coming here everyday and posting roll. On shitty days, it's real easy to remember that you are an addict. On good days, it's real easy to forget.

Always remember.

Grab some numbers from your quit brothers, and start texting them. They are going through the same shit you are. We vets are all addicts as well, and we'll do our best to warn you of pitfalls you may run acrossed. We'll most definately point out an error in your logic because (1) we have failed because we once thought the same, or (2) we have watched hundreds think the same way and fail.

Post roll.
Stay quit.
Repeat.

Simple, but not easy.
I have class, be back at 3:30.... Are you saying that it never really goes away? your never completely free? you fight it every day until you die?
Quit Day 5/9/13

"I have leaned on cnc and my other brothers more times than I can count. However, all of them are merely bullets in my arsenal of quit. I walk into this quit everyday with the biggest, baddest gun I can. But I have to pull the trigger. If I run out of bullets, I throw the fucking gun and attack.
My gun cannot fight this battle for me.
It is mine and mine alone." - Wastepanel

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2012, 01:08:00 PM »
I go to college at a four year university. Im studying Optical Engineering and I have a job this summer working on Directed Energy and Laser Weaponry. This job is the goal of my life

Today I gave a presentation to the president of my school on why he should convert all on-campus vehicle to electric. The whole presentation i was just in a fog. I wasnt getting distracted or thinking about other things, I just couldn't think. I couldnt hold any thought process for more than 30- 40 seconds (I still cant but now i dont really have to). Luckily my partner is a good friend and a fraternity brother of mine. He bailed me out so many times and afterward asked me why I was mentally retarded for the last hour. I told him i quit and i was withdrawing from nicotine. He fuckin high fived me. I just made the biggest presentation of his college career so much harder because , lets be honest, i was useless, and he responded by high five and saying "never look back". BTW, apparently the president loved our speech.

Sunflower seeds have saved me today. Luckily I posted roll, that means I made a promise, and my Mama didnt raise no bitch. A promise made is a promise kept. No nicotine today boys.
What you are experiencing is what we refer to as "the fog". It will mess with you, but it is temporary. It's the worst here for the next few days until the poison is out of your body. After that, it's slightly easier.

You have pulled the pendulum over to the "Shitty" side and let go. It takes some time and energy for it to move over to the "Life is good side". It's not an overnight process, and it's not an immediate conversion.

Your quit is going to be like this your entire life. Sometimes, quitting is shitty. Sometimes, it's easy. It's going to swing back and forth many times before you become centered, and then something will come and bump it so it will start to move again.

We never know when quitting is going to be either, so we protect our quit by coming here everyday and posting roll. On shitty days, it's real easy to remember that you are an addict. On good days, it's real easy to forget.

Always remember.

Grab some numbers from your quit brothers, and start texting them. They are going through the same shit you are. We vets are all addicts as well, and we'll do our best to warn you of pitfalls you may run acrossed. We'll most definately point out an error in your logic because (1) we have failed because we once thought the same, or (2) we have watched hundreds think the same way and fail.

Post roll.
Stay quit.
Repeat.

Simple, but not easy.
In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline Braker

• Quitter
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2012, 12:57:00 PM »
I go to college at a four year university. Im studying Optical Engineering and I have a job this summer working on Directed Energy and Laser Weaponry. This job is the goal of my life

Today I gave a presentation to the president of my school on why he should convert all on-campus vehicle to electric. The whole presentation i was just in a fog. I wasnt getting distracted or thinking about other things, I just couldn't think. I couldnt hold any thought process for more than 30- 40 seconds (I still cant but now i dont really have to). Luckily my partner is a good friend and a fraternity brother of mine. He bailed me out so many times and afterward asked me why I was mentally retarded for the last hour. I told him i quit and i was withdrawing from nicotine. He fuckin high fived me. I just made the biggest presentation of his college career so much harder because , lets be honest, i was useless, and he responded by high five and saying "never look back". BTW, apparently the president loved our speech.

Sunflower seeds have saved me today. Luckily I posted roll, that means I made a promise, and my Mama didnt raise no bitch. A promise made is a promise kept. No nicotine today boys.
Quit Day 5/9/13

"I have leaned on cnc and my other brothers more times than I can count. However, all of them are merely bullets in my arsenal of quit. I walk into this quit everyday with the biggest, baddest gun I can. But I have to pull the trigger. If I run out of bullets, I throw the fucking gun and attack.
My gun cannot fight this battle for me.
It is mine and mine alone." - Wastepanel

Offline Bean

• Quitter
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2012, 12:40:00 PM »
"Piss and moaning" are about the nicest things you could do. It is the fight of your life...the stakes could not be higher.

You take the first step, and everyone on this site is here to help you the rest of the way. So, give us your worst...tell us we suck, or you suck, or life sucks, whatever...just post roll and keep your word. That's all there is to it.

Read all you can. The Kern Family story was especially touching to me...find the one that you identify with. But the secret is that all of our stories are very similar. Almost everybody started as a teenager and is now fighting that bad decision everyday.

Glad to have you. Tell us more about you and your quit. Stay strong, brother!

Offline LIPolarBear

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2012, 04:44:00 AM »
Sup guys,

I've been dipping since I was 12 and for the past 15 years I've been addicted to the can. Switch from Skoal, to Cope and for the past 3 years I've been using Kodiak. Dip for various reason like the rest of us had. Either to relax from stress, escape the daily grind, or to fit in.

I knew I had to stop when I notice myself packing a lip first thing when I woke up. Plus, girls don't like guys who dip and the dating scene is hard enough as it is. Want to create a new chapter in my life and say good bye to the old me. This is the last part of my past and it ends today.

My mother died of mouth cancer when she was only 55 and my grandfather and grandmother died of cancer also from smoking. I know if I don't change now it will be to late.