Author Topic: Today is my day;  (Read 1694 times)

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
Re: Today is my day;
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2011, 10:01:00 PM »
Quote from: Souliman
Quote from: hsumatt2117
Got it.

Before I quit on a whim.  Today I quit with a purpose.
That's the spirit. Fuck yeah. Purpose. Not just a word. The meaning of combining your actions with a desire or a want. Mind and body working together. Balance. Power.

BOOYAH. I dig me some fucking jedi quit.
I heart quit litter. Throw that devil out the window and bang some quit. Big :D

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Swim Bike Run - Shooting - Chasing my boys around.
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2011, 09:55:00 PM »
Got it.

Before I quit on a whim. Today I quit with a purpose.
That's the spirit. Fuck yeah. Purpose. Not just a word. The meaning of combining your actions with a desire or a want. Mind and body working together. Balance. Power.

BOOYAH. I dig me some fucking jedi quit.

Offline ktb1764

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2011, 08:35:00 PM »
Check you Inbox - now you've got at least one number. Contact me before you stick that shit in your face again.
Nobody trips over mountains. It is the small pebble that causes you to stumble. Pass all the pebbles in your path and you will find you have crossed the mountain.

Offline hsumatt2117

• Quitter
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2011, 08:23:00 PM »
Got it.

Before I quit on a whim. Today I quit with a purpose.

Offline Dr. Bruce Banner

• Quitter
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2011, 08:23:00 PM »
Here's my plan.

1. When I feel the crave I will grab a jawbreaker.

2. Seeds are the next step

3. I will think of my wife and children and thank about how I will let them down.

4. I will look at cancer pics until I can't look anymore.

5. I will NOT give up. I never quite anything besides this.

6. I will cave in, lose all integrity and not be a man of my word.

I will not make it to 6 and beyond. Thank you 30. Tomorrow I will use my tools and start roll call.

What did u mean by numbers?
That sounds real good!

Do this....wikipedia Commit committment

Make up your mind...there is no going back....last Day 1.

It gets so much better, but you have to pay back some dues, to get your life. You sold your health, time, allegence....one $5 bill at a time... how bad do you want it back?

Day 1 - committ---there will be some pain
Day 2 - committ---there will be some headaches
Day 3 - committ---there will be fog

All This is progress. As the posion leaves your body you will experience all kinds of crap, but you are tougher than a little round can....aren't you?
HOF 2/2/2010
2nd 5/12/2010
3rd 8/20/2010
4th 11/29/2010

Within our capabilities, orginating in our attitudes and culminating in our actions

Offline redyota

• Master of Quit
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2011, 08:20:00 PM »
Here's my plan.

3.  I will think of my wife and children and thank about how I will let them down.

I will not make it to 6 and beyond. Thank you 30. Tomorrow I will use my tools and start roll call.

Why is caving even a step in your plan?

Caving is not an option, period.

Replace your step 6 with this:

I will slams my nuts in a drawer if I cannot get my mind off dipping.

Truly, you need to get your mind right and make quitting your #1 priority or you will not succeed. Quitting ain't easy, and those who "kinda sorta maybe" want to quit will not be successful.
"We shall not fail or falter; we shall not weaken or tire...Give us the tools and we will finish the job." - Sir Winston Churchill

"Not using gets much easier as time goes by, but the consequences of "just one" never lessen." - Me

Offline 30yraddict

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Feb 13, 2011
  • Likes Given: 67
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2011, 08:09:00 PM »
you need to exchange cell numbers with your quit brothers...when you are craving text them...and they will text you in return...

The stronger you build relationships with other quitters here, the stronger your quit will be.

If you have anything on you right now- dump that in the toilet...flush...

Post up a confession and that quit plan in March 2011. And post your day 1.

Today you quit. Today you are a man of your word

No more for any reason.

Offline hsumatt2117

• Quitter
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2011, 08:00:00 PM »
Here's my plan.

3. I will think of my wife and children and thank about how I will let them down.

Offline BrownTupperware

• Quitter
  • Interests: Raiders, A's, Ford F-100. Kicking the Nic bitch into submission.
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2011, 07:59:00 PM »
I've been stuffing my face with black tea, keeps the oral fixation at bay. Maybe try that.
1972,1973,1974,1989.2012? Lets go Oakland. "Ruled by passion and pride, to pain and fear he's no stranger" Chris Ledoux. "Hello everybody, I'm Troy McClure, star of such films as P is for psycho, and The presidents neck is missing."-Troy McClure

Offline 30yraddict

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Feb 13, 2011
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2011, 07:48:00 PM »
matt...you failed because you did not have the tools...you did not have a plan. Rest assured that crave you had today is going to come back...what's your plan? you got numbers? you got seeds? gum? fake dip?

Now the second issue- Make sure the next time you put a day 1 over in March that you understand it means that your integrity is on the line. Make sure it is like a solemn promise, and one that you will not break no matter what. Post up your quit plan. Here's mine.

Before I cave:

1. I will chew gum
2. fake
3. coffee grounds
4. Google "oral cancer pics" and look at every damn one of them
5. text 3 quit brothers and get permission to cave
6. sign the "contract to give up"
7. Tell my kids and wife that my addiction means more to me than they do.
8. Drive to one of the quitters that is within driving distance...make them take me to the store to buy dip.

I better never even get to number 6

Offline hsumatt2117

• Quitter
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2011, 07:37:00 PM »
Ok, I feel off the wagon and gave in today. Wow I feel like such a pussy. Only 1 day in and I couldn't do it. Im going to do this damn it. I just need more help than I thought.

Offline dippshit

• Quitter
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2011, 12:52:00 PM »
Quote from: 30yrAddict
Last night, while I was driving home, I threw my last can out of my car window.  I'm done with this shit.  For so many years I have convinced myself that 1) Im not addicted and 2) I can quit anytime.  Well, that statement has kicked me square in the balls.  I said fine, I will quit.

So here I am guys.  Done.  It felt great last night to throw it out.  However, my lunch break is coming up and I always had a dip during lunch.  Gotta figure this thing out quickly.  Any advice would be great. 

I quit for me first, my wife and family second and because I am tired of being a slave.  But I need help.  I am craving a dip so bad right now.  I am going to lunch in 30 minutes.  Gotta find something to occupy the time.
Congratulations on your decision to quit.

I recommend sunflower seeds to take the edge off. gives your mouth something to do...

[more to follow]
Some poor hobo just hit the jackpot with that half spent can of grizzley you chucked out the window of your el camino...

Post roll. Click Here to See a Video On How to Post Roll

By posting roll, you are offering up your promise, your word, to not use nicotine Today. This is the foundation of everything here, accountability, it works.

So if you post roll, immerse yourself into this culture of quit, drink the koolaid and quit littering, you will be offered more support than you could ever imagine.

This place works.

I hope to see you Posted Up in March.

"It's amazing what a man can see by the light of a burning bridge" - Unknown

Offline 30yraddict

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Feb 13, 2011
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2011, 12:51:00 PM »
Quote from: 30yrAddict
Last night, while I was driving home, I threw my last can out of my car window.  I'm done with this shit.  For so many years I have convinced myself that 1) Im not addicted and 2) I can quit anytime.  Well, that statement has kicked me square in the balls.  I said fine, I will quit.

So here I am guys.  Done.  It felt great last night to throw it out.  However, my lunch break is coming up and I always had a dip during lunch.  Gotta figure this thing out quickly.  Any advice would be great. 

I quit for me first, my wife and family second and because I am tired of being a slave.  But I need help.  I am craving a dip so bad right now.  I am going to lunch in 30 minutes.  Gotta find something to occupy the time.

I recommend sunflower seeds to take the edge off. gives your mouth something to do...

[more to follow]
The first days of a quit are almost always intense. During the first 3 days nicotine is leaving your body. Remember these days and know that you never have to go through them.

I tried to quit for 33 years...304 days ago I quit and never looked back, thanks to this site. The program here is very simple:

1. Post Roll: Do this first thing in your day- this is a promise to all of us that you will not use nicotine- just for today.

2. Honor that promise.

3. Repeat.

Read the WELCOME CENTER on the top left to learn how to post roll

Your quit group will be March 2012 found here

If you have access to this site during lunch, I would recommend getting into Quit Chat- the link is on the top right.

Offline 30yraddict

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Feb 13, 2011
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2011, 12:43:00 PM »
Last night, while I was driving home, I threw my last can out of my car window. I'm done with this shit. For so many years I have convinced myself that 1) Im not addicted and 2) I can quit anytime. Well, that statement has kicked me square in the balls. I said fine, I will quit.

So here I am guys. Done. It felt great last night to throw it out. However, my lunch break is coming up and I always had a dip during lunch. Gotta figure this thing out quickly. Any advice would be great.

I quit for me first, my wife and family second and because I am tired of being a slave. But I need help. I am craving a dip so bad right now. I am going to lunch in 30 minutes. Gotta find something to occupy the time.

[more to follow]

Offline hsumatt2117

• Quitter
Today is my day;
« on: December 13, 2011, 12:41:00 PM »
Last night, while I was driving home, I threw my last can out of my car window. I'm done with this shit. For so many years I have convinced myself that 1) Im not addicted and 2) I can quit anytime. Well, that statement has kicked me square in the balls. I said fine, I will quit.

So here I am guys. Done. It felt great last night to throw it out. However, my lunch break is coming up and I always had a dip during lunch. Gotta figure this thing out quickly. Any advice would be great.

I quit for me first, my wife and family second and because I am tired of being a slave. But I need help. I am craving a dip so bad right now. I am going to lunch in 30 minutes. Gotta find something to occupy the time.