Author Topic: Intro  (Read 1761 times)

Offline Souliman

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Swim Bike Run - Shooting - Chasing my boys around.
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: Intro
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2011, 02:39:00 PM »
I once snatched a quickmart receipt from my wife's hand and ate it to hide the cope purchase. She thought I was being funny. It was gross but I choked it down. We're all addicts here and all have lived as addicts in one way or another. Welcome to the quit party bro. First few days suck. Reach out if you need.

Offline Greg5280

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • BONAFIDE QUIT BEAST
  • Quit Date: 10-30-2009
  • Interests: Golf, Running, Cycling, Being outside, Spending time with my family. Quitting and helping newbies.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Intro
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2011, 01:46:00 PM »
Peter,
Welcome to the party. Spend some time reading other intros here and you will see you are pretty much the same addict as the rest of us. The things you did are pretty normal. The good news is you don't do that shit anymore.

Check your inbox (1 ). I am going to send you some things to read. Make sure you understand what we do here. Quitting is serious business and needs to be treated as such.

Greg

Offline Peterm821

• Interests: UFC, COD, MLB, NFL, spending time with family and friends.
  • Likes Given: 0
Intro
« on: February 28, 2011, 01:41:00 PM »
Hello Everyone, and thanks in advance for the motivation you have all already provided. I made a decision to fight my addiction last Friday, and today is Day 1. The cravings have been intense, and I am glad I stumbled upon this forum, because what I've been reading here has helped reinforce all the reasons I have for stopping my addiction. I was the worst kind of addict. I would lie to my wife, and make up excuses to dip. Tell my little kids I was chewing spit gum, and avoid going to the dentist for fear he would detect my deception. When I think of all the money I wasted over the past 15 years it makes me sick, and I cannot wait to get to know the rest of you whom I wisely decided to join in confronting my addiction. God Speed.~ Peter
QUIT DATE 2.28.11