Author Topic: kicking it  (Read 3840 times)

Offline THansen2413

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2017-03-03
  • Interests: Vikings, Gophers, Wild. Enjoy running in the warm months.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: kicking it
« Reply #46 on: August 31, 2014, 08:40:00 PM »
Quote from: Tuco's
Hey MN_Ben - Now that aRifleman2 has decided that 30 days is "enough" I'm curious to know what your thoughts are on that. You think that's a wise move?
Please elaborate, Tuco? I'm a fellow Minnesotan and supporter of Rifle. What's this talk about "enough"? "Enough" of the quit? "Enough" of this site? "Enough" what? I don't like the sounds of this one bit.
Quitters I've met in person : Keddy, boelker62, Big Brother Jack, baitbanjo, SirDerek, Chewie, Scowick65, theo3wood, mcarmo44, MonsterEMT, Bronc, dforbes, rocketman, Lance from SD, kdip, wastepanel, quitspit, basshaug, greenspidy, 30yrAddict, btdogboy, cmark, chrisTKE1982, Jeffro Dolfie, Clampy, carlh2o, JGlav, ReWire, Chewrouski_Philly, Sranger999, walterwhite, DWEIRICK, spit cup, FranPro, ericfluck

Offline Tuco

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 7/27/2014
  • Likes Given: 48
« Reply #45 on: August 31, 2014, 07:33:00 PM »
Hey MN_Ben - Now that aRifleman2 has decided that 30 days is "enough" I'm curious to know what your thoughts are on that. You think that's a wise move?

Offline bronc

• Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: 3/14/14
  • Interests: Rodeo, Hunting, Raising my daughter, Cooking and entertaining
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #44 on: August 13, 2014, 01:09:00 AM »
Quote from: MN_Ben
Quote from: Dagranger
Quote from: grizzlyhasclaws
Quote from: AppleJack
Quote from: aRifleman2
I gotta admit when I came here on day one it was a knee jerk reaction to a fight with my wife. The only reason I even knew about the site was cause of mn_ben.

That being said and being on day 12 now I can say without any question, I QUIT! I wasn't much of a believer to begin with but I will be damned if I will cave on you guys now or ever. The cravings are still there but I own this now and it is my decision to stay quit.

~aRifleman2
Turning that corner in your mind is success. It's all just legwork now. Putting in your time and sharpening your tools. This was a good thing to read tonight! Freedom just gets sweeter as the days roll out bro...
Excellent! Keep the focus and keep the quit.
I was one of the guys who questioned your committment. Way to be a bad ass and prove me wrong. 12 days is no joke (you'll never have a harder 12 day stretch) Glad that you are not only quit, but quit and contributing here helping other quits. Keep it up.
Glad you are here buddy, glad to see you posting, glad to read this.

Im glad to see you owning it now too instead of quitting so Mrs Arifleman2 doesn't bitch at you.. Proud to be quit with you..
keep on keeping on! Nice work!

Offline MN_Ben

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
« Reply #43 on: August 13, 2014, 12:21:00 AM »
I gotta admit when I came here on day one it was a knee jerk reaction to a fight with my wife. The only reason I even knew about the site was cause of mn_ben.

That being said and being on day 12 now I can say without any question, I QUIT! I wasn't much of a believer to begin with but I will be damned if I will cave on you guys now or ever. The cravings are still there but I own this now and it is my decision to stay quit.

~aRifleman2
Turning that corner in your mind is success. It's all just legwork now. Putting in your time and sharpening your tools. This was a good thing to read tonight! Freedom just gets sweeter as the days roll out bro...
I was one of the guys who questioned your committment. Way to be a bad ass and prove me wrong. 12 days is no joke (you'll never have a harder 12 day stretch) Glad that you are not only quit, but quit and contributing here helping other quits. Keep it up.
Glad you are here buddy, glad to see you posting, glad to read this.

Im glad to see you owning it now too instead of quitting so Mrs Arifleman2 doesn't bitch at you.. Proud to be quit with you..

Online Dagranger

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 06-27-2013
  • Interests: I used to like playing any sport. Now I like coaching any sport. Hiking, camping, biking. I work out a lot but I hate it.
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2014, 07:34:00 AM »

~aRifleman2

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2014, 12:49:00 AM »

~aRifleman2
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2014, 12:33:00 AM »

~aRifleman2
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline aRifleman2

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-07-31
« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2014, 11:33:00 PM »

~aRifleman2
Not my circus, not my clowns.

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2014, 09:56:00 AM »
Quote from: Thumblewort
Holy shit man, this is no joke. I've been doing OK so far but really hit a wall today. Stressed to the max, and craving like crazy. I felt fine this morning and almost breezed through the first few days. But at about 11am today the "fog" you all talk about dropped on my ass.

Didn't cave and didn't come close to that either but damn. Here's what I think contributed to it: no exercise today, stress, body finally realizing it's not getting any more nic ever.

~aRifleman2
It is a bitch, but you have the tools in place to smack the bitch away. Stay close to KTC and stay strong!
Rifleman, if you read other intros, especially from the guys who have been around, you'll see we all have been where you are...the good news is it doesn't last for long (usually no more than 2 weeks) Unfortunately the only advice anyone can give is gut it out. It is definitely do-able. Get after it.
Early in my quit when a craving came on strong I would do a simple exercise, no matter where I was (push-ups, burpees, a small jog or brisk walk). I did them until I didn't have the craving anymore. I also consumed mass quantities of water, I could literally not pass a restroom without having to piss.

The cravings you are getting right now are mental, physical and chemical; caused by years of self-mutilation and mental manipulation. You can do this, the early days are the worst, keep on powering through them and be constantly vigil.
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Online Dagranger

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 06-27-2013
  • Interests: I used to like playing any sport. Now I like coaching any sport. Hiking, camping, biking. I work out a lot but I hate it.
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2014, 09:13:00 AM »
Holy shit man, this is no joke. I've been doing OK so far but really hit a wall today. Stressed to the max, and craving like crazy. I felt fine this morning and almost breezed through the first few days. But at about 11am today the "fog" you all talk about dropped on my ass.

Didn't cave and didn't come close to that either but damn. Here's what I think contributed to it: no exercise today, stress, body finally realizing it's not getting any more nic ever.

~aRifleman2
It is a bitch, but you have the tools in place to smack the bitch away. Stay close to KTC and stay strong!
Rifleman, if you read other intros, especially from the guys who have been around, you'll see we all have been where you are...the good news is it doesn't last for long (usually no more than 2 weeks) Unfortunately the only advice anyone can give is gut it out. It is definitely do-able. Get after it.

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #36 on: August 05, 2014, 04:00:00 PM »

~aRifleman2
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline aRifleman2

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-07-31
« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2014, 03:52:00 PM »

~aRifleman2
Not my circus, not my clowns.

Offline MN_Ben

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2014, 10:37:00 PM »
Quote from: SirDerek
Quote from: slug.go
just kiddin

~aRifleman2
Hold on to this feeling of freedom, it will grow!
Starting to feel better Rifle?
a nice edge,

starting to get a little confidence,

see you will do this....
Proud of you buddy..

Offline SirDerek

• Quit Pro
« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2014, 04:30:00 PM »
just kiddin

~aRifleman2
a nice edge,

starting to get a little confidence,

see you will do this....

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2014, 04:24:00 PM »
just kiddin

~aRifleman2
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.