Author Topic: New  (Read 1368 times)

Offline Bill Dance

• Quitter
  • Nic is now MY Bitch!!
  • Quit Date: 11/5/2016
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: New
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2017, 01:37:00 PM »
Bottom line is this....if you are not quitting for YOURSELF then you may as well run to store, buy a new can, and stuff your face. This site only works when you make it work.

There IS no easy way out of the hole you have dug for yourself, you must buckle down and get ready to fight like hell each and every day. NEVER look ahead and NEVER look back.

You CAN break the addiction. It its 95% mental and you must retrain your brain to think differently.

Always remember that this IS a life and death choice, if not today, then tomorrow , or the next but sooner or later dip WILL KILL YOU!!

Post roll and read as much as possible from the site. If you need my digits HMU.

Remember only you can quit for you!
The BEST day to quit was Yesterday, the second best day is TODAY!

Offline Cdndipquit

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2017, 11:53:00 AM »
I don't believe for a second that tough days ARENT ahead, which is why I want to layer in the support

Offline Cdndipquit

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2017, 11:51:00 AM »
Thanks at Cavman83. Today is day 5 without a dip, made it through the first 72 hours plus a day and feeling confident that I never want to go back. I would like to join a group as I don't believe for a second that tough days are ahead and I want to pledge daily. Honestly I just can't seem to navigate the site. I have signed up and I believe I am a meme we however sometimes I seem to show up as a guest and I can't find any of the 2017 target groups. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Offline CavMan83

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-10
  • Interests: Bass Fishing, music, all things motorsports, National Defense
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2017, 08:55:00 AM »
Quote from: AceBoogie
Quote from: Cdndipquit
Made the decision 36 hours ago to quit cold turkey. I have been chewing skoal for 12 years approx. the last couple of years I have been chewing about a tin every 4 days. I've got 2 daughters at home and I promised at each birth that I was going to kick the habit and I am still chewing 6 months after the birth of my second. I have tried before but I realize that I had convinced myself that I really liked chewing, That it relieved my stress etc. I am now approaching 48 hours and am hoping that this fog will clear up, I having trouble remembering my day, is this normal?
Welcome Cdndipquit,

There's one thing I noticed, you subtitled this "first time quitting." I want to give you a pearl of wisdom from someone who "quit" several times. You need to make this the last time quitting, not the first time quitting. If you give it a chance to be first, there can only be more times after.

At KTC you will see it over and over again, there is no "trying" in quitting. There is only doing.

Again, welcome to KTC, this place has saved all of us, let us help you.

-AceBoogie.
Good morning.

Hope things are well in western Canada, chew shortage and all!! To directly answer your question about not remembering your day and whether or not it was normal. YES, it is very normal. You see, for those 12 years you were dipping Skoal, you were ingesting enough of the poison nicotine to kill a small lab rat on a DAILY basis. During that time, your brain built up additional dopamine receptors to take in all of that garbage.  Now that you've taken yourself off the nicotine supply, those receptors will begin to die off and shut down. This is part of the normal process of your brain rewiring itself. But it comes with all kinds of not pleasant side effects: irritability, fogginess, inability to think clearly, short fused temper, etc.... I also hate to tell you, but even well after the physical withdrawal is complete, you'll have to deal with the mental withdrawal, which, in my experience, was far worse...

The second and more important reason I decided to write this is to urge you to jump in with both feet, drink the KTC Koolaid, and build a quit that will last a lifetime. While you are to be commended for going nearly three days solo (and a number of people are successful quitting on their own), if you are like most of us, sooner or later you will need some tools that will enable you to push back when the siren song of nicotine begins whispering sweet nothings in your ear like "Hey, you've gone a whole {week, month, etc....} without, you should congratulate yourself by having one".

Begin by posting your daily promise to your quit group (if I have the math right you'd be one of the first of the new June group that has just started). Then honor your promise. Then repeat. In addition to that, get to know the quitters in your group. While we are all different, we all struggle with the same thing .... addiction to nicotine. Build some accountability with them. Trade digits, lean on them when the cravings hit hard. You will find your investment in this place will pay dividends beyond quitting nicotine and mastering your addiction to it. You will truly build some friendships in the process.

Welcome, and once more.....jump in! The quittin's fine!

Offline AceBoogie

• Quitter
  • Interests: Hiking, woods romping, bowling, disc golf, quitting dip, freestyle rapping, basketball, breweries, helping others. I just like to go with the flow. If it sounds fun, I'm game.
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2017, 12:23:00 AM »
Made the decision 36 hours ago to quit cold turkey. I have been chewing skoal for 12 years approx. the last couple of years I have been chewing about a tin every 4 days. I've got 2 daughters at home and I promised at each birth that I was going to kick the habit and I am still chewing 6 months after the birth of my second. I have tried before but I realize that I had convinced myself that I really liked chewing, That it relieved my stress etc. I am now approaching 48 hours and am hoping that this fog will clear up, I having trouble remembering my day, is this normal?
Welcome Cdndipquit,

There's one thing I noticed, you subtitled this "first time quitting." I want to give you a pearl of wisdom from someone who "quit" several times. You need to make this the last time quitting, not the first time quitting. If you give it a chance to be first, there can only be more times after.

At KTC you will see it over and over again, there is no "trying" in quitting. There is only doing.

Again, welcome to KTC, this place has saved all of us, let us help you.

-AceBoogie.

Offline wildirish317

• Free
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Past the cravings Past the drama Still an addict
  • Quit Date: 2/25/2016
  • Interests: I am the most boring person you will ever meet.
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2017, 09:05:00 PM »
If you really want to stay quit, you have to place it among the most important things in your life. Right up there with your daughters. Not more important, but as important. There are a few links in my signature. Start with my intro. By the end of this evening, if you read it, you will know if you are serious about quitting or not.
“Everything good that has happened to me has happened as a direct result of helping someone else, everything". - Danny Trejo

Offline Cdndipquit

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2017, 08:58:00 PM »
Thanks Nomore1959. I am coming up on 72 hours and for the most part have found it moderatley less challenging than I expected, until this evening. I am feeling very anxious and distracted now and am hopi g that I can make it through this evening and get some real sleep. Any suggestions for getting through the final 72 hours. Thanks all, 3 days ago I would never have believed I would be on the quit. I have to admit that my daughters and a personal desire to quit are both roots of this but it was also sparked by the massive chew recall that has left western Canada without supply for 2 weeks already. - blessing in disguise.

Offline Nomore1959

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 329
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2017, 05:44:00 PM »
Congrats on deciding to quit! Quit for you (the girls then win too).

Yes the first 72 hours or so really suck as the nicotine leaves your body. Drink lots of water, then more water. Exercise. It will get better over time, but it will suck first.

Offline Cdndipquit

New
« on: February 23, 2017, 05:39:00 PM »