Author Topic: It was time.  (Read 1448 times)

Offline loot

• BANNED
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: It was time.
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2011, 10:32:00 AM »
Welcome SA. This is the BEST. DECISION. EVER.

Glad you found us. Looks like you nailed Roll Call...so pull u[ a chair, get comfy, and read all you can.

Offline sayrahanne

• Quitter
    • twitter.com
  • Interests: I like a lot of things. Singing, dancing, blogging, and all kinds of stuff. I work in accounting. I'm not where I want to be just yet in life, but I'm far from where I never want to be.
  • Likes Given: 0
It was time.
« on: May 27, 2011, 10:22:00 AM »
I had began dipping when I was 17. Worst. Decision. Ever.
That's why I decided the best day to quit was the SAME day I started 4 years ago.
That was 9 days ago, but I never introduced myself.

My name is Sarah. My weakness was Skoal. I was one of few people to dip in my social circle, but I was the only girl. I don't even know why I kept doing it after I tried it. I've heard many different things, received some odd looks, but continued to dip.

I knew the consequences. I still did it. I've quit (unsuccessfully) many times before. I never did it for myself. I did it because of the bitching I heard from friends. From family. Once I did it for a fast at my former church. I always came back.

Last week, a girl that i'm a nanny for (i'm a nanny for a LOT of kids) brought up how she couldn't wait to go to the tanning bed. I fussed at her. I am terrified of skin cancer... I Wear SPF EVERYDAY. I don't lay out, and damn sure don't use a tanning bed. That's when it finally hit me.

I was being such a hypocrite. I'm over here trying to be healthy, and telling her how something she enjoys doing can cause cancer so she needed to stop... when I was doing the same damn thing. Right when I said it, it was a reality check.

I wasn't ready that evening, but the next morning I said goodbye to dip. The fog sucked. I yelled and snapped on a LOT of people. I've woke up in the middle of the night every night. But I know it gets easier... This quit is for me. While it might make many people I know happy, it's about me and no one else.

(Sorry if I type to much, but I blog a lot.)
-Sayrah Anne

Prov. 9:10-11
"The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding. For by me thy days shall be multiplied, and the years of thy life shall be increased."

Quit: 5/19/2011
My Introduction
HOF: 8/26/2011
My HOF speech
2nd Floor: 12/4/2011
3rd Floor: 3/13/2012
4th Floor: 6/21/2012
5th Floor: 9/29/2012