Author Topic: My Introduction  (Read 2457 times)

Offline Florida Longhorn

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-02
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: My Introduction
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2014, 09:57:00 AM »
Quote from: grizzlyhasclaws
Quote from: Florida
I agree with Menace. Don't listen to the bullies that obviously are overcompensating for shortcomings in their personal lives. Just quit. The trolls will shut up after you put a little time in.
Maybe I shouldn't be personally offended by Cpoz' failure? For some reason I am. Maybe I shouldn't express those feelings to him on this message board so he, and others, might learn? Is questioning someone who fails a rude thing to do?
Absolutely not. Being a part of a "brotherhood" and support group and telling others you don't care about them and calling them idiots is rude. Failure should be questioned so that we can all learn from it. My remarks were in no way directed towards you. Sorry if you felt that way.

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2014, 09:13:00 AM »
Quote from: Florida
I agree with Menace. Don't listen to the bullies that obviously are overcompensating for shortcomings in their personal lives. Just quit. The trolls will shut up after you put a little time in.
Maybe I shouldn't be personally offended by Cpoz' failure? For some reason I am. Maybe I shouldn't express those feelings to him on this message board so he, and others, might learn? Is questioning someone who fails a rude thing to do?
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline Florida Longhorn

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-02
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2014, 08:54:00 AM »

Offline Menace

• Quitter
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2014, 11:10:00 PM »
Cpoz,

Bottom line is you caved, you know it was a mistake and you are back. I give you credit for coming back on here realizing that this place, while a pain in the balls at times, really is the place to be if you want to quit and is unique in that we hold each other accountable here. Your only option at this point is to put your head down and start putting up +1's. I'll quit with you today and we'll see if you are here again tomorrow.
Menace

I'm a Quitter, Are You?

Offline Lipizzaner

• BANNED
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2014, 11:01:00 PM »
Quote from: cpoz421
I would appreciate it if you would talk to me as a person and not as an idiot. And according to your post in the January group, you don't ever plan to interact with me so I guess I am wondering why you're asking so many questions if you don't give a shit about me... " But I don't really give a shit, because I will never interact with this caver. I don't have the time to waste,"
I just like to learn what I can from idiots like you, so I can share it with half-assers that are on the path to cave, like you. Believe me, its not for me. But, maybe is it possible that thinking about those things could help you keep from being a two-time loser?
In reality though, I was being honest in January, I don't give a shit about you. I care about people who follow the program here, and don't spit on their quit brothers. Maybe someday you'll change my mind, but I won't hold my breath, and even so, you would be resentful of me not coddling your balls, so you don't give a shit either.
Too bad. 'dems'

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2014, 05:02:00 PM »
Quote from: Bigwhitebeast
Quote from: Lipizzaner
Quote from: AppleJack
This post says to me, very clearly, if you leave this place of accountability and brotherhood... You'll be one of those cats posting up another day 1 after a time.

There are vets who have been here for years.
For. A. Reason.

Pay attention. Stick around. Stay quit.
AJ laid this out pretty clearly for you before you left last time. You didn't learn anything here, you haven't changed since your last time here. I have a few questions for you... answer all these and I will root for you.
Why will the results be different?
How long did you hump the can after your cave?
The entire time between your last post and yesterday?
What was that 100 days, 150?
How many tins? 100, 150? What did you think every time you bought one?
Did you get any numbers last time you were here?
Did you give yours to anyone?
Did you make any connections to anyone? Did you log in during your time humping the can?
What did you expect the reaction to be when you came back?
Did you read anything on the site besides your own intro last time?
Did you support anyone else?
Will you this time?
Why will the results be different? I believe that the results will be different this time because I am going to make myself be more accountable for my days. In addition to posting in the page, I will continue to text members of my old group. I am planning on spending more time on these forums overall. By doing this I will be more accountable for my actions, as well as closer with my fellow quitting brothers.
How long did you hump the can after your cave? I continued to dip for the entire 8 months that I was off of this website.
The entire time between your last post and yesterday? Yes.
What was that 100 days, 150? Roughly 240 days.
How many tins? 100, 150? What did you think every time you bought one? I would say about 150 tins. Roughly $600 dollars. Every tin that I bought, i honestly thought about how I needed to attempt to quit again.
Did you get any numbers last time you were here? Yes, I have about 10 different numbers.
Did you give yours to anyone? Yes, I gave mine out to about 10 people.
Did you make any connections to anyone? Did you log in during your time humping the can? I made connections with a couple of people. Learned a lot of interesting things from the people here.
What did you expect the reaction to be when you came back? I expected it to be the way it is right now. I realize I fucked up for a while. You all don't trust me right now and I don't blame you.
Did you read anything on the site besides your own intro last time? Yes, I posted in other groups. I also enjoyed talking in the sports rooms.
Did you support anyone else? I attempted to support others. I gave out my phone number and welcomed new members, hoping that I could help someone else quit.
Will you this time? I Want to support others. I look forward to meeting people in my group and staying active in my group. Right now, i ultimately need to regather myself before I can even trust myself to help others.
So I guess the real questions should be- if, as you claim, you had ten numbers, did you ever use them? Did you ever text one of your quit bros? Why didn't you text one when you were about to chew. You say you gave out your number to 10 people, did anyone ever call you when you went MIA?
Wondering where the system broke down for you, because it sounds like you think you were doing things right. A few days before your cave, you talked about how that time of year made you want to chew, so it seems like you were thinking about it for a while.
Theres a problem with your math by the way. You were still posting roll in mid-april.
That was six months ago.
However, you were one these idiots that likes to post " +1 " instead of a real number.
Were you posting +1 after each cave? i.e.- what is the day of your cave?
I can tell you honestly that I never posted roll after I caved. So yes, it is 6 months not 8 I simply made a mistake in my math.

I did not call anyone at the time. I had people text me a couple of times looking for me and I was too embarrassed to respond in all honestly.

You are correct before it happened, I was progressively craving more and more. I did not intend to cave (not sure that anyone does.) Again, I made the mistake at this time of not reaching out to others and looking for help.

I would appreciate it if you would talk to me as a person and not as an idiot. And according to your post in the January group, you don't ever plan to interact with me so I guess I am wondering why you're asking so many questions if you don't give a shit about me... " But I don't really give a shit, because I will never interact with this caver. I don't have the time to waste,"
So I still get a crave once in a while, it's typically just a quick thing and then it's gone. Two things help me out first I post every single day and I post early, second I have a group of quitters that we text back and forth every single day, sometimes way too much about absolutely nothing important.

That second thing is what keeps it real for me, I know I could never tell those 8 guys I fucked up. I have probably 75 numbers in my phone, maybe more, but it's those 8 guys that have my back.

You need that, you need a support network, heck it could end up being Lipi, he seems to be getting a little fond of you over here.
BWB you offer great advice. Only issue is that he had a text group who he shat on.

Offline bigwhitebeast

• Quitting MoFo
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2014, 04:40:00 PM »
This post says to me, very clearly, if you leave this place of accountability and brotherhood... You'll be one of those cats posting up another day 1 after a time.

For. A. Reason.

AJ laid this out pretty clearly for you before you left last time. You didn't learn anything here, you haven't changed since your last time here. I have a few questions for you... answer all these and I will root for you.
Did you make any connections to anyone? Did you log in during your time humping the can?
Will you this time?
Why will the results be different? I believe that the results will be different this time because I am going to make myself be more accountable for my days. In addition to posting in the page, I will continue to text members of my old group. I am planning on spending more time on these forums overall. By doing this I will be more accountable for my actions, as well as closer with my fellow quitting brothers.
How long did you hump the can after your cave? I continued to dip for the entire 8 months that I was off of this website.
How many tins? 100, 150? What did you think every time you bought one? I would say about 150 tins. Roughly $600 dollars. Every tin that I bought, i honestly thought about how I needed to attempt to quit again.
Did you get any numbers last time you were here? Yes, I have about 10 different numbers.
Did you make any connections to anyone? Did you log in during your time humping the can? I made connections with a couple of people. Learned a lot of interesting things from the people here.
What did you expect the reaction to be when you came back? I expected it to be the way it is right now. I realize I fucked up for a while. You all don't trust me right now and I don't blame you.
Did you read anything on the site besides your own intro last time? Yes, I posted in other groups. I also enjoyed talking in the sports rooms.
Did you support anyone else? I attempted to support others. I gave out my phone number and welcomed new members, hoping that I could help someone else quit.
Will you this time? I Want to support others. I look forward to meeting people in my group and staying active in my group. Right now, i ultimately need to regather myself before I can even trust myself to help others.
So I guess the real questions should be- if, as you claim, you had ten numbers, did you ever use them? Did you ever text one of your quit bros? Why didn't you text one when you were about to chew. You say you gave out your number to 10 people, did anyone ever call you when you went MIA?
Wondering where the system broke down for you, because it sounds like you think you were doing things right. A few days before your cave, you talked about how that time of year made you want to chew, so it seems like you were thinking about it for a while.
Theres a problem with your math by the way. You were still posting roll in mid-april.
That was six months ago.
However, you were one these idiots that likes to post " +1 " instead of a real number.
I can tell you honestly that I never posted roll after I caved. So yes, it is 6 months not 8 I simply made a mistake in my math.

I did not call anyone at the time. I had people text me a couple of times looking for me and I was too embarrassed to respond in all honestly.

You are correct before it happened, I was progressively craving more and more. I did not intend to cave (not sure that anyone does.) Again, I made the mistake at this time of not reaching out to others and looking for help.

So I still get a crave once in a while, it's typically just a quick thing and then it's gone. Two things help me out first I post every single day and I post early, second I have a group of quitters that we text back and forth every single day, sometimes way too much about absolutely nothing important.

That second thing is what keeps it real for me, I know I could never tell those 8 guys I fucked up. I have probably 75 numbers in my phone, maybe more, but it's those 8 guys that have my back.

You need that, you need a support network, heck it could end up being Lipi, he seems to be getting a little fond of you over here.

Offline Done4Me

• Epic Quitter
  • Interests: Family, Beach, Fishing, BBQ
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2014, 04:37:00 PM »

For. A. Reason.

Will you this time?
That was six months ago.

Here's the phrase you used above that in and of itself has the greatest chance of propelling you to be quit: I am planning on spending more time on these forums overall.

Not saying you can't be quit without KTC. What I am saying is more involvement and postings here drive a better understanding of what it takes to be quit. It's not easy. Far from easy, hell you know that. What is gained from more involvement? More support for new quitters, more support for those in January. Knowledge of what you did wrong round 1 and how you can bring that knowledge to your new team. Trade more numbers, increase accountability by being in a text group.

All these words above are just that. Regain trust with actions. Show us you have what it takes.

Offline Nomore1011

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-10-11
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2014, 03:37:00 PM »

For. A. Reason.

Will you this time?
That was six months ago.

Offline Lipizzaner

• BANNED
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2014, 03:28:00 PM »

For. A. Reason.

Will you this time?
That was six months ago.

Offline Nomore1011

• Quitter
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2014, 03:20:00 PM »

For. A. Reason.

Will you this time?

Offline Lipizzaner

• BANNED
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2014, 01:12:00 PM »

For. A. Reason.

Will you this time?

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2014, 11:19:00 PM »
I need more details on your cave. What went through your mind when you took the steps to shove that shit back in your mouth? What went through your mind when you ignored us?

I'll quit with you if you can talk about what your self betrayal feels like.

Offline Nomore1011

• Quitter
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2014, 09:26:00 PM »
What happened?
An unexcusable event. I was helping a friend of mine move in to his first place. IÂ’ve been his friend since I was 3 years old. I was helping build his bed frame. A friend walked in and asked if we needed anything from a liquor store, I asked her to get me a tin. A terrible reason I understand. It clearly was not worth it and wish I could go back and change my decision.
Why did it happen?
Continuing question 1. It happened because I was feeling such a high about my buddy moving in. I felt invincible at the time. I was so excited that he was getting out of his drug addicted brotherÂ’s house and moving in to his own. It was a great night (or so I thought) and I made a terrible mistake.
WhatÂ’s going to be different this time?
This time I have a better understanding of my reason for quitting. When I quit before it was nice and convenient. This time I realize there is no benefit to using. I use to think that it caused some sort of special feeling/power. Clearly that is not that case. I use to think that it was cool to have a tin in your pocket, or have the “skoal ring.” Again, clearly that is not the case. I am willing to do whatever It takes to make sure this time is the final time. I will need help along the journey and I am the first to admit that. I hope that someone will be willing to take me under their wing to help me through the process because clearly I cannot do it alone.

Offline Grady

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-23
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2014, 09:15:00 PM »
What happened?

Why did it happen?

WhatÂ’s going to be different this time?