Author Topic: Intro  (Read 1653 times)

Offline Erussell

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2013-04-30
  • Interests: Time with daughter. Anything outdoors.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Intro
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2013, 07:57:00 AM »
Ok TNboy we need more info from you "it's the correct days thanks for checking" and the reply to my PM "yes I had a slip and restart" aren't going to cut it. You have slowly pealed your days back since your cave 20 days in, almost the same time as Jake caved, around May 14th to the 15th. Jake manned up and posted the truth. You posted a lie for 70 days, WHY? You have this and three other questions to answer, I think you know what they are! This is bull shit, this is not how this site works, and thank you for taking a shit all over our integrity. Shame on the rest of us for not noticing this sooner. Grow a spine, accept responsibility, and answer the damn questions or take your fake quit elsewhere. Erussell

Are you even quit? And if you say yes how will we know?
I would rather lose to a cheater than win as a cheater.

Offline Erussell

• Quit Pro
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2013, 04:56:00 AM »
Hey TNboy. You should be on day 99 today I believe. You are posting in the 70's so let us know what is going on.

Your first roll post was
Wednesday, April 24, 2013

New Quitters (post below)

TNBoy74-Day 1- hope I'm posting correctly

Thanks quit with you!

Offline Hambone007

• Quitter
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2013, 07:16:00 PM »
Congrats on the quit tnboy74! I will help support you! I just joined and we are in the same group, I'm in tn pm me if you need anything!

Offline 05wrxing

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Deer hunting, motorcycles, football, basketball and most of all my quit and my loving family.
  • Likes Given: 14
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2013, 09:29:00 AM »
Welcome and congrats on quitting. It the best decision you could make. I will quit with you any day! If you need anything at all feel free to pm me.
Experience is the name we give to our mistakes." Oscar Wilde

Roll call is not a daily attendance sheet, it is a daily pledge" - Boelker62

QUIT 9-13-21

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2013, 08:57:00 AM »
TNboy, I'm quit with you if you need a # pm me!
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline Radman

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Family and friends. Other than that, anything outdoors....motorcycling, shooting, hunting, fishing, racing.
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2013, 08:51:00 AM »
Quote from: TNBoy74
-I am tired of being so scared of getting cancer that it often consumes me
-I want to stop making excuses to get away and dip instead of doing the important things like spending time with my kids and wonderful wife
-My family deserves better than the crap I give them over this.
-I want my life back and stop giving it over to a damn weed

I pray everyday that my little man at home will not grow up like his daddy in this regard.
Wow, man..... excellent intro, and the best decision you've ever made to take your life back. I support you 100%.

Just about all of your intro hit home with me, but the excerpts above were particularly gripping. Ditto. Ditto. Ditto. You've got quite a few posts already, so I'm guessing you're active in your group. But, if you need more support and another contact, mine is yours for the asking. You're a guy who's trying to fix what is broken in all aspects of his life, and I dig that. KTC has made that struggle a reality for me, so it can do the same for you.

I was slave for 20 years, but I fixed that 961 days ago.

If I can do it, so can you.

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2013, 08:27:00 AM »
TNBoy,
Sounds like you have done your reading here our stories are all pretty much the same. Post your roll give your word not to use today. If you get to feeling like you need to talk PM me for my number. I am only day 17 but have been where you are at. I quit with you today.
Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

"Endeavor to persevere."Chief Dan George "The Outlaw Josey Wales".

MY HOF speech

Offline Erussell

• Quit Pro
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2013, 07:53:00 AM »
I quit with u TNboy! You know..... The stories are similar concerning our past. Let's make our futures identical in the fact we are both non users!!!!!!

Offline AppleJack

• Rockin’ in the free world...
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: April 17, 2013
  • Likes Given: 106
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2013, 01:51:00 AM »
Bro... Wise decision. Doesn't even the mental change to quit mode feel better!? You can be free- you will be free and we're here to help. Not only that... We'll quit right along with you everyday. Stoked you're here man... I quit right along with you today. Message me if you have any questions or whatever!
Well, it’s one louder, isn’t it? It’s not ten.

Offline bigj77707

• Quitter
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2013, 01:15:00 AM »
Welcome. glad to hear you are ready to start your journey. I was a dipper for 12 years until 25 days ago. Yup, i've only been quit for 25 days, but it's one of the best decisions I have made. There's a lot of great stories  support on this site to help you along your journey.

Join your group and go post roll. I quit with you.
I quit on 4-8-13

Offline cdaniels

• Quitter
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2013, 12:11:00 AM »
Quote from: TNBoy74
Hey Guys (and few Girls on here)
I am TNBoy74- I have to say like everyone else that I am an addict. Dipping for about 22 years- Mostly Red Seal over the past 10 years or so- one or more cans per day. I have been a Hider (Ninja Dipper-term I have learned since being on KTC) pretty much since day 1- I have done every trick in the book to hide and visit with my friend, spent my last $4.00 on many cans of dip, ignored my loved ones to go hide and kill myself with this crap. It makes me ashamed to think of all of the things I have done. (you know it is bad when multiple c-store cashiers in town know your birthday)
I am here for many reasons;
-I am tired of living 2 lives- the one I want everyone to see and the addicted sneaking around life
-I want to stop making excuses to get away and dip instead of doing the important things like spending time with my kids and wonderful wife
-I want to be able to not go into panic mode anytime someone mentions going to a dentist
I am so glad to find this group on here- I know being a Hider that part of my healing will eventually be going public with my sin (or bad decision- sorry if the word sin bothers you but I am trying to follow Christ in my life so it is what it is- and yes I have a very very long way to go on this one). I appreciate you guys being that first step. I am not around anyone who dips anymore so I donÂ’t really have people who understand this journey.
Thank you all for sharing your stories- they give me great strength. I will not bore you with my story because it is much like the rest of yours- started dipping with friends in highschool- college got worse, kept getting worse, got married (went into Hider mode) and here I am 22 years later, after a million attempts at quitting I am finally reaching out to you guys.
I pray everyday that my little man at home will not grow up like his daddy in this regard.
I have failed a lot in life but I can no longer fail! I have learned something important about myself. I can not not dip (I hope that makes sense) I have to fill that time with something productive. It is very difficult for me to “NOT” do something I have to fill it with something I can “DO” so I have to find things to “DO” and not try to “NOT” do something. And I have learned all I really have to give is today, and sometimes all I really have is the next few minutes to control, forever is way to long to think about
Thank you guys again for the courage to help me start a journey.
TNBoy74
glad you are here. we make no judgments. if i can help in any way let me know. one day at a time is how this works. post roll make your promise not to dip for today.
Quit date 11-20-12
Never again for any reason. I quit for today. Today I live.
http://forum.killthecan.org/index.php?showtopic=7796
http://www.killthecan.org/facts/contract.asp

Offline TNBoy74

• Quitter
Intro
« on: May 01, 2013, 11:46:00 PM »
Hey Guys (and few Girls on here)
I am TNBoy74- I have to say like everyone else that I am an addict. Dipping for about 22 years- Mostly Red Seal over the past 10 years or so- one or more cans per day. I have been a Hider (Ninja Dipper-term I have learned since being on KTC) pretty much since day 1- I have done every trick in the book to hide and visit with my friend, spent my last $4.00 on many cans of dip, ignored my loved ones to go hide and kill myself with this crap. It makes me ashamed to think of all of the things I have done. (you know it is bad when multiple c-store cashiers in town know your birthday)
I am here for many reasons;
-I am tired of living 2 lives- the one I want everyone to see and the addicted sneaking around life
-I want to be able to not go into panic mode anytime someone mentions going to a dentist
I am so glad to find this group on here- I know being a Hider that part of my healing will eventually be going public with my sin (or bad decision- sorry if the word sin bothers you but I am trying to follow Christ in my life so it is what it is- and yes I have a very very long way to go on this one). I appreciate you guys being that first step. I am not around anyone who dips anymore so I donÂ’t really have people who understand this journey.
Thank you all for sharing your stories- they give me great strength. I will not bore you with my story because it is much like the rest of yours- started dipping with friends in highschool- college got worse, kept getting worse, got married (went into Hider mode) and here I am 22 years later, after a million attempts at quitting I am finally reaching out to you guys.
I have failed a lot in life but I can no longer fail! I have learned something important about myself. I can not not dip (I hope that makes sense) I have to fill that time with something productive. It is very difficult for me to “NOT” do something I have to fill it with something I can “DO” so I have to find things to “DO” and not try to “NOT” do something. And I have learned all I really have to give is today, and sometimes all I really have is the next few minutes to control, forever is way to long to think about
Thank you guys again for the courage to help me start a journey.
TNBoy74