Author Topic: It's time to kill the habit.  (Read 1391 times)

Offline SoDakCattleGuy

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-08-15
  • Likes Given: 0
It's time to kill the habit.
« on: August 15, 2014, 12:57:00 AM »
Hello to everyone on KTC,

My name is Nick and I am from a small town in central South Dakota. I started chewing almost exactly 4 years ago at the age of 16. It was after a tough day of two a days for football practice and one of the seniors walked up and asked if I wanted a dip and I said yes. I have looked back on that day with regret and anger. I ended up getting people old enough to supply me until I turned 18 in 2012. That year was when it started to get out of control.

Now that I was 18, I didn't have to rationalize. I had a job and made enough money so that I could get a tin whenever I was in town. I have been able to hide it somehow from my family (or they have lead me to believe that) and I would end up spending a lot of time alone just so I could get my nicotine fix. I started going from 2 dips a day to half a tin, and then nearly a full tin once I got into college. About half of the people I live with dip. We always tell ourselves that we can quit whenever we want. That is what I want to accomplish. I want to quit now.

I'm tired of spending money every damn time I walk into a c-store on the cancer dust. I am tired of seeing bottles that I haven't thrown away on my desk when I get up in the morning. I want to be able to make the two and a half hour drive to and from home without needing a dip. I am damn tired of seeing empty tins on the floor of my truck.

Today, after cutting back the last two weeks, I have bagged up all of the empty tins, bottles, and threw them in the dumpster. If I am going to do this I don't want to feel I'm on an island by myself. I know the guys I live with don't plan on quitting soon so, I want a community that I can got to for support.

Thanks for reading.
Quit Group: November 2014 - Stone Cold Quitters
HOF: 11/22/2014
2nd Floor: 3/2/2015