Author Topic: Lets do this  (Read 1205 times)

Offline jflex

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Lets do this
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2013, 08:57:00 AM »
Got yours and many others. And I'm ready to use them if needed. Thanks to all of you willing to help an addict get through the rough patches while your dealing with your own. I will learn to pay it forward too.

Offline Erussell

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2013-04-30
  • Interests: Time with daughter. Anything outdoors.
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2013, 08:15:00 AM »
Quote from: jflex
Thanks PD, I'm loaded and ready. So far its been pretty quiet. But I'm circling the wagons anyway.
Bro weekends can be tough. You got numbers? There is one in you inbox from me.
I would rather lose to a cheater than win as a cheater.

Offline jflex

• Quitter
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2013, 02:32:00 AM »
Thanks PD, I'm loaded and ready. So far its been pretty quiet. But I'm circling the wagons anyway.

Offline ParadigmDawg

• Quitter
  • Interests: Mountain BikingRoad BikingHome Audio
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2013, 09:36:00 AM »
Yummmmmyyyyy...boobies.....

Quitting is really simple.

Read everything on here, post roll call each morning and don't dip. Wow....that sounds so easy, doesn't it?

If you read through the other intro's you may see some of my same words on them but they always hold true so I will just repeat them...

You are in for one nasty fight but you have the tools here to make it.

Go load yourself up with gum, mints, fake chew, seeds and beef jerky. Also get some member phone numbers right now, they will help you through the rough parts.

Next, exercise to exhaustion every single day and drink so much water that you feel like you may bust. Both of these will help.

Make sure your wife reads about what you are going through. 99% chance that you are going to be a short fussed dick for the next 3-4 weeks. Try not to take it out on her and the kids. Get on here and take it out on us, we will be fine.

I quit with you.
Oh little worm-dirt...you are so scary...F' OFF...!!!

Offline jflex

• Quitter
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2013, 09:25:00 AM »
How the hell am I supposed to enjoy the fog when I see those avatars. I come on here to read words of wisdom and I lose 4 hours staring at tits. :rolleyes:. Thanks for the distraction. Like John Candy said in Summer Rental... Those are fun for the whole family....

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2013, 08:59:00 AM »
I swear I came in here with something inspiring to say and had a great train moving but I will be damned if OIB's avatar didn't cause me to lose that...

Welcome to KTC, you have some damn fine quitters reaching out to you. I recommend taking their hands and owning your quit each and every day.
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline OneImpressiveBall

• Quitter
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2013, 10:26:00 PM »
Quote from: jflex
Thanks guys. Happy to be quit with all of you. I think I may have screwed up posting roll already. But I will get the hang of it. Any advice or help will be greatly appreciated.
Man . . . the freedom IS amazing, but sex with Jennifer Aniston caliber? Are we talking 1993 Jennifer Aniston or 2013 Jennifer Aniston? It's important.

Never mind. Quitting IS the best after a while. It is tough - really tough at first and then less and less tough over time. It is always straightforward. Post roll every single morning, FIRST THING. That's your promise not to use nicotine for one day. Then keep your promise. Repeat. The first part is easy as pie, and I don't understand why anyone fails to post roll unless they want to fail and be a slave to nicotine. The second part is hard, but that's what we're here for. Keeping your word is all up to you, but how you keep your word can involve all of us. We're here to help you keep your promise to yourself and us, so use us. LIVE CHAT (upper right hand corner in your browser window); your quit group (which you've found); the WILDCARD section; the other quit groups; the Words of Wisdom; Hall of Fame speeches . . . devour all of it. It will get you through many a crave, and you'll pick up more tools and knowledge to protect your quit.
Proud January 2013 Jackwagin: [color=330066]kicking nicotine's ass since October 3, 2012.[/color]
My 265-Day Late HOF Speech
KEEP
CALM
AND
QUIT
ON

Offline jflex

• Quitter
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2013, 09:48:00 PM »
Thanks guys. Happy to be quit with all of you. I think I may have screwed up posting roll already. But I will get the hang of it. Any advice or help will be greatly appreciated.

Offline Erussell

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2013-04-30
  • Interests: Time with daughter. Anything outdoors.
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2013, 09:25:00 PM »
Get ready to walk thru the valley of death. You will have trouble remembering your own goddamn name. But the freedoms is so wonderful. Like sex with Jennifer Aniston, it's worth whatever it takes to get it. I went through one of the worst fogs one could ever go through and at 177 days let me assure you, it was so worth the pain. Go post roll bro and I will quit with you every day bro. He'll we all will, you will find brotherhood here that will support you like no other.
I would rather lose to a cheater than win as a cheater.

Offline Punkin

• Quitter
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2013, 09:15:00 PM »
Go to the top left and click on the welcome center. Read everything there. Post roll and keep your promise to remain Nic free all day long. We quit one day at a time here. Read everything you can on this site. It will give you the motivation to stay quit. Reach out to the members in your quit group. Get numbers and offer up your number. Accountability is everything. Check your inbox because Im sending you my number. Lets kick the Nic Bitch together
EMBRACE THE SUCK

If your gonna be dumb you gotta be tough

Are you gonna quit dipping, or are you gonna slide your tampon in?

Offline Picker.of.Strings

• Quitter
  • Interests: Guitar.
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2013, 08:59:00 PM »
Congrats man. Welcome aboard. This shit is tough, get ready! If today is your day 1 then you're in the Jan 2014 quit group.... go post roll ASAP, and do so EVERY DAY. The vets will all get on you soon, with great advice and support.... I wont steal all their thunder but if you need anything just let me know. AND if for some reason you cant post roll shoot me a text and I'll post for you. I sent you a PM with my #.
Dirty tone - 6 wide, 22 deep

Quit Date: 17 October 2013

Offline jflex

• Quitter
Lets do this
« on: October 24, 2013, 08:13:00 PM »
I finally dumped my chew out today after more than 30 years of trying to get cancer. I'm ready to do this and I will do this. So let's fucking do this.