Author Topic: Let's do this  (Read 1576 times)

Offline bronc

• Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: 3/14/14
  • Interests: Rodeo, Hunting, Raising my daughter, Cooking and entertaining
  • Likes Given: 11
Re: Let's do this
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2014, 09:43:00 AM »
Batt - you got this! Welcome to the rest of your life man! Great gettting to know you on chat.

Offline Sh4string

• Quitter
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 10/21/2013
  • Interests: Family, Hunting, fishing, outdoors, triathlon
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2014, 09:27:00 AM »
Nice to meet you in chat! Post roll every damn day with no exceptions, read everything you can, and get into chat when you can. Get phone numbers and use them. One day at a time
Quitting every damn day since October 21, 2013

Offline ZillahCowboy

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2014, 10:59:00 PM »
Quote from: grizzlyhasclaws
You are an addict. You have to fight for your life and freedom every damn day. You commit to doing it with us every single day and you will succeed. Make the commitment and quit with us.
Batt,
I second what grizz says...this is not a habit we're dealing with here, it's a full blown got-you-by-the-balls addiction. Remember that as you start beating that addiction one day at a time. Also, a grammatical pointer...the word "hopefully" showed up in your intro post. Please remove that word from your vocabulary. "Hope" has nothing to do with it here, and is not a part of the KTC strategy. You drink the koolaid and make it happen by grinding out your quit one hour at a time, one day at a time. There are a ton of guys that are in the same boat as you, and a bigger ton of guys that have already been through what you're going through now. We're here to support you. Post roll every damn day, and start building your network. I quit with you.
ZC

Offline MonsterMedic

• Master of Quit
  • Proud member of the June 2014 Quit Saloon
  • Quit Date: 03.02.14
  • Likes Given: 260
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2014, 10:46:00 PM »
Welcome. Reach out to people and exchange numbers with a few of them. Those people will help to keep you accountable and it's really helpful to have someone to text when you're having a craving that knows what you're going through.

Get involved here. Post roll and keep posting in your intro. Encourage other people you meet on here. This is a great support system, but this forum is only as helpful as you allow it to be.

PM me if there's anything I can do to help. Damn proud to be quit with you today.
"Frank Pierce: Saving someone's life is like falling in love. The best drug in the world." - Bringing Out The Dead

Quit Date: 03-02-2014
HOF: 06-09-2014
3K and counting

Offline 30isEnuff

• Quitter
  • Keeping my jaw and tongue, I like them.
    • I'm The Owner of this Place.
  • Quit Date: May 25, 2012
  • Interests: "Being Quit" Today, just Today.Moving on to more of life before the light is gone.
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2014, 07:16:00 AM »
Quote from: Batt64
Well here it is it's time to get my life back. Hi everyone I'm new to this site and about to change my life for the better. I have tried numerous times to quit this horrible habit but I just keep coming back. So here's my story I have been dipping since I was 15 and probably like a majority of you guys started on good ole skul mint. Since then my brand has changed to cope and intake has changed from 1 can every 4 days to a can a day. It has been 15 years now that I have been wearing a cope ring on my pocket and hopfully this will be the last day with your guys support. I have two beautiful girls that want there daddy around for along time so it's time for me to man up and not allow this habit to predict the outcome of my life. I'm going need all the help I can these next few days and the days to come so anything will help.

Thanks
Welcome Batt64 to the best of your life.
You're in the right place to "be quit".
Stay here, drink the KTC koolaid daily.
You can do this...ODAAT and NAFAR

Post roll
keep your word
wake and repeat

read like a madman here, the weapons are here, read, chat and learn to defeat the nic bitch on a daily basis....it does get better and much easier...

you can do this...I promise.
Keeping my jaw and tongue...I like them.
It's poison I tell ya, You wouldn't drink Liquid Drano, would ya?

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2014, 06:36:00 AM »
You are an addict. You have to fight for your life and freedom every damn day. You commit to doing it with us every single day and you will succeed. Make the commitment and quit with us.
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline Dave1903

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2013-10-25
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2014, 05:38:00 AM »
Hey man glad to see you found your way to KTC now just remember everything is done one day at a time, so get in that July quit group make some friends get some accountability going also if you want my number for some accountability just pm me Dave1903 . Keep on quitting one day at a time
The nic is a bitch, but it's gone one day at a time.

Offline rothstein57

• BANNED
  • Quitter
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2014, 03:56:00 AM »
Take it one day at a time. This is a journey, not a destination. Build a network within your quit group, it makes you so much stronger.

Offline yemtig

• BANNED
  • Quitter
  • Interests: Fishing, Hunting, Camping.. You name it.. Somewhere out in the woods
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2014, 03:52:00 AM »
Well here it is it's time to get my life back.  Hi everyone I'm new to this site and about to change my life for the better.  I have tried numerous times to quit this horrible habit but I just keep coming back.  So here's my story I have been dipping since I was 15 and probably like a majority of you guys started on good ole skul mint.  Since then my brand has changed to cope and intake has changed from 1 can every 4 days to a can a day.  It has been 15 years now that I have been wearing a cope ring on my pocket and hopfully this will be the last day with your guys support.  I have two beautiful girls that want there daddy around for along time so it's time for me to man up and not allow this habit to predict the outcome of my life.  I'm going need all the help I can these next few days and the days to come so anything will help. 

Thanks
Welcome, saw you in chat tonight, but really didnt get to introduce myself.. My name is Mike, I'm a nic addict just like you, we all have similar stories.. Looks like you will be in our July 14' group which is awesome and proud to have you...

First things first, post roll everyday and make your promise to us and yourself to be nic free... Stay involved... I love the chat room, it keeps me sane... I need some type of interaction other than just posting call and chat lets me have that.. Lastly, listen to the vets.. They know what the hell they are talking about.. If you ever need to talk, call or text me... I'll send my digits your way... Support is what this site is about and really helps you stay quit...

Focus on one day at a time, wake up and get through the day however you see fit but stay strong in your quit!! Build a good support group and reach out to others, you'll need it as you progress...

Offline Raider

• Quit Pro
  • Imma Quitter
  • Quit Date: Feb 28, 2014
  • Interests: Fishing, Camping, Kayaking, but mainly spending time with the family and friends.
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2014, 12:54:00 AM »
Well here it is it's time to get my life back. Hi everyone I'm new to this site and about to change my life for the better. I have tried numerous times to quit this horrible habit but I just keep coming back. So here's my story I have been dipping since I was 15 and probably like a majority of you guys started on good ole skul mint. Since then my brand has changed to cope and intake has changed from 1 can every 4 days to a can a day. It has been 15 years now that I have been wearing a cope ring on my pocket and hopfully this will be the last day with your guys support. I have two beautiful girls that want there daddy around for along time so it's time for me to man up and not allow this habit to predict the outcome of my life. I'm going need all the help I can these next few days and the days to come so anything will help.

Thanks
No Hope, No Luck, No Try. We quit here plain and simple. It all about your attitude. If you want to quit, you can be quit. the next 3 days are going to suck. The next 3 weeks will suck but we have ALL been through it and so can you. Get your hands on some candy, mints, seeds, or even some fake chew. I like Smokey Mountain and I still use it. Read, read, and read some more. It was good to see you in chat tonight. You can do this only if YOU want to. I am 33 days quit and loving it. The fog, funk, craves, whatever you want to call it suck but soon they wont. The Nic Bitch is crafty and will see when you are weak. Be careful to not let her sultry words drag you back.

Offline vbe931

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-03-27
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2014, 12:54:00 AM »

Thanks
Welcome Batt. I started 6 days ago, and am so happy that I did. You are in our July Quit group, and I am proud to be quit with you!

Offline MCO

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-03-14
  • Interests: Shooting, hunting, fishing, videogames, women, etc.
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2014, 12:45:00 AM »
Well here it is it's time to get my life back.  Hi everyone I'm new to this site and about to change my life for the better.  I have tried numerous times to quit this horrible habit but I just keep coming back.  So here's my story I have been dipping since I was 15 and probably like a majority of you guys started on good ole skul mint.  Since then my brand has changed to cope and intake has changed from 1 can every 4 days to a can a day.  It has been 15 years now that I have been wearing a cope ring on my pocket and hopfully this will be the last day with your guys support.  I have two beautiful girls that want there daddy around for along time so it's time for me to man up and not allow this habit to predict the outcome of my life.  I'm going need all the help I can these next few days and the days to come so anything will help. 

Thanks
Welcome Batt, it's good to see you in chat already. Congrats on the decision to quit it's not something that will be easy, but it will be worth it. I was in your shoes about 20 days ago, I made a decision to "drink the kool-aid" and dive in head first with this site. My advice is to do the same. Dont just post roll and leave, jump on chat (which you're doing already) post, read, spend as much time on here as you can; it does make things easier.

If you need anything let me know, PM me and I'll give you my number.

Mike aka MCO
Quit: 3/14/2014
HOF: 6/21/2014
Quitting with The Saloon and The Elite 8!!
If you are reading this; I quit with you today.

Offline Batt64

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2014, 12:29:00 AM »

Thanks

Offline Batt64

Let's do this
« on: April 02, 2014, 12:29:00 AM »