Author Topic: Unexpected  (Read 540 times)

Offline Suck-It

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Unexpected
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2012, 03:51:00 PM »
Welcome to the June group dd22. Enjoy the ride - it's definitely a Freak Show in here.

Offline Mthomas3824

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2012-03-14
  • Interests: Living my life and never turning back to the can of lies.
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2012, 03:44:00 PM »
Deception: The practice or act of deliberately making somebody, or peoples believes things that are not true.

Welcome to the most truthful site about tobacco addictions.

There is no sugar coatings and no nice way of saying things here but you get it straight.

On April 14th, 1994 these seven executives of tobacco companies testified that they did not believe that tobacco use was addictive....
William Campbell, President  CEO, Philip Morris, USA –
James W. Johnston, Chairman and CEO, RJR Tobacco Company –
Joseph Taddeo, President, U.S. Tobacco Company –
Andrew H. Tishch, chairman and ECO, Lorllard Tobacco Company-
Edward A. Horrigan, Chairman and CEO, Liggett Group Inc.-
Thomas E. Sanderfur, Chairman and CEO, Brown and Williamson Tobacco Corp.-
Donald S. Johnston, President and CEO, American Tobacco Company-

To those 7 Deceivers mentioned and to all the promoters of tobacco.

A most sincere FUCK YOU!

To DD22, jiggle your nuts a little and smile. YOU ARE FREE!!!! YOU removed the shackles of addiction!!!!

When you are free, the thoughts are, "What do I do now?" How bout you start by taking in a deep breath and just live, knowing that you are free?

Seriously, It is hard but so was being an addict and that's the truth.

Welcome to the June Platoon.
Quit And Be Free

HOF Speech

Offline Nolaq

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2012, 02:10:00 PM »
You talk about feeling 'normal'.

You were poisoning yourself for 30 years. You haven't been 'normal' in 30 years.

You don't even know what 'normal' is.

What you are going through is 'normal'.

Keep reading. Depression is not an uncommon side effect to nicotine withdrawl.

Like Smokey says...patience. The good news is, we know what you're going through, and we're here to help. Lean on us.

Welcome brother.
What is your major malfunction?!?!?!?!

Offline Skoal Monster

• Quit Pro
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2012, 01:37:00 PM »
DD, Welcome

The " unexpected" stuff your talking about is all well documented here. In-fact when you start reading you'll find it's actually all expected. Knowing what your actually going through is half the battle. You also need to remember that you dipped for 30 years your not going to be all better in 30 days. Patience grasshopper. nicotine is some nasty stuff, give your body some time to heal.

sM
"CLOSE THE DOOR. In my opinion, it?s the single most important step in your final quit. There is one moment, THE moment, when you finally let go and surrender to the quit. After that moment, no temptation will be great enough, no lie persuasive enough to make you commit suicide by using tobacco."

Offline Leahy16

• Quitter
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2012, 11:16:00 AM »
dd22 congrats on your quit. This place and these people will make it stronger.

Since you are 41/42 days quit then you are part of the June '12 group. You will hit 100 days quit in June. Go there and introduce yourself and post roll.

We make a promise each day that we are quit for that day (post roll).

Honor your promise.

Repeat tomorrow.

simple but not always easy.

You can do this.

Leahy Day 313
Quit Date Jun 5, 2011; HOF Sep 12, 2011; 1,000 days Feb 28, 2014

Offline Grizzly25

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Every and all sports, fishing and hunting.
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2012, 10:37:00 AM »
Quote from: MikeA
Quote from: dd22
This is my intro - I am tired of everything about Chew.

I have chewed for over 30 years. I have no excuse for not quitting earlier.

I quit on March 2, 2012 (41 days ago). I barely got thru the initial cravings the first couple of weeks, but I made it.

Then, some unexpected stuff. As I began to deal with the cravings a little better, I became more edgy, anxious, "low".  ... even after a month.

I thought - how can this be? It should be going the other way. I should feel high, not low.

Then I realized that this unexpected stuff must be false feelings and not real. I have nothing to feel anxious, edgy, or "low" about. "I" should be good (normal).

I also realized that when I tried to quit three years ago, this is about the time frame (a month or so into the process) that I caved and went back to chewing.

So, I got on the web and starting researching Nicotine withdrawal.  ... and here I am. I posted this morning.

I guess I will be researching everything I can on this site to help me understand this stuff. I just want to feel "normal" again and get some idea when that may be.  ... feel normal but without the chew.
Welcome to the site
Read this http://www.killthecan.org/yourquit/what.asp

And read all you can here. You will learn there are funks in the day 30's to the day 1,000's that you will have to fight through but rest assured if you stick with us and play by our rules you will make it one day at a time.
You have come to the right place!

Welcome aboard and keep on quiting quiter!

Read as much information on this site as you possibly can all this information and knowledge will get you past those very tough spots!

Stay quit stay strong stay focused!
"Remember you are either getting better or getting worse, nobody stays the same!" Woody Hayes

"Winning! That's all we do around here brotha! Failure is not an option, remove it as an option and the possibilities are endless...." Bruce317 5-18-2012

"...We'll be heroes or ghosts...But we won't be turned around." Wastepanel 6-15-2012

"A QUITTER NEVER HAS TO GO THROUGH THE SUCK AGAIN!" tgafish 6-1-2012

QUIT LIKE FUCK MY BITCHES!!!

PATIENCE LIKE FUCK MY BITCHES!!!

Quit Date: 2-6-2012
HOF Date: 5-16-2012
HOF Speech

Offline Loppy

• Quitter
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2012, 10:37:00 AM »
Dude, did you ever find the right place. Glad you're here. You're not alone here, we're with you. I'm day 8 quit after 30 years myself. Help me wouldja? The more we help each other out, the stronger we are.

Join July quit group and post EVERY DAY. See you there bud.
Those who forge their swords into plows, will plow for those who do not. Moan Labe

QUIT DATE: 4/4/12

Offline MikeA

• Quit Pro
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2012, 10:31:00 AM »
Quote from: dd22

I quit on March 2, 2012 (41 days ago). I barely got thru the initial cravings the first couple of weeks, but I made it.

Then, some unexpected stuff. As I began to deal with the cravings a little better, I became more edgy, anxious, "low". ... even after a month.

I thought - how can this be? It should be going the other way. I should feel high, not low.

Then I realized that this unexpected stuff must be false feelings and not real. I have nothing to feel anxious, edgy, or "low" about. "I" should be good (normal).

I also realized that when I tried to quit three years ago, this is about the time frame (a month or so into the process) that I caved and went back to chewing.

So, I got on the web and starting researching Nicotine withdrawal. ... and here I am. I posted this morning.

I guess I will be researching everything I can on this site to help me understand this stuff. I just want to feel "normal" again and get some idea when that may be. ... feel normal but without the chew.
Welcome to the site
Read this http://www.killthecan.org/yourquit/what.asp

And read all you can here. You will learn there are funks in the day 30's to the day 1,000's that you will have to fight through but rest assured if you stick with us and play by our rules you will make it one day at a time.

Offline dd22

• Quitter
Unexpected
« on: April 11, 2012, 10:12:00 AM »

Then, some unexpected stuff. As I began to deal with the cravings a little better, I became more edgy, anxious, "low". ... even after a month.

So, I got on the web and starting researching Nicotine withdrawal. ... and here I am. I posted this morning.

I guess I will be researching everything I can on this site to help me understand this stuff. I just want to feel "normal" again and get some idea when that may be. ... feel normal but without the chew.