Author Topic: New Poster - Day 3 of Quit  (Read 1463 times)

Offline bold0057

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-07-25
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: New Poster - Day 3 of Quit
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2015, 12:24:00 PM »
Thanks basshaug, as I'm sure you know through your experience this has helped me a ton right now. I haven't gotten accustomed to this whole site yet but appreciate the info on roll, I will definitely be posting to roll as I'm 100% done with this s*$!

Offline basshaug

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: New Poster - Day 3 of Quit
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2015, 12:17:00 PM »
Quote from: bold0057
Hey everyone, I'm new to this site and am on Day 3 of my quit. Feeling pretty depressed and completely disoriented, can others please post how long this so called "fog" lasted for you that are beyond the first two weeks of their quit? Anything that helped for you? I was chewing 2 cans of longhorn mint a day for a good 5 years, had been chewing for a total of 12 years. Any help would be appreciated, I am struggling here!!
3 days is bad ass man. The fog is real, and it sucks ass. That's why its so lovingly named The Suck around here. Your body is expelling itself of years and years of built up chemicals. Your brain is not sure what to do without your crutch swimming around opening up dopamine receptors. It all sucks, but you're in luck, it gets better.

As for what helped me, the biggest thing is posting roll. Roll is a promise that we make each morning, right when we wake up, to not use nicotine for that day. Then all you've got to do is fight and make it through that one day. You can honor your word for 1 day right?

There is no magic pill, no vodoo spell, or cure. There is no way over it or around it. You are an addict just like me and the only way to get through the fog is plow right through straight ahead. We and your november 2015 brothers will help show you the way. Post roll and give your word and that fog will be clearing up soon.

Check out the Welcome Center for more info on how to Post roll.

Offline bold0057

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-07-25
  • Likes Given: 0
New Poster - Day 3 of Quit
« on: July 27, 2015, 11:57:00 AM »
Hey everyone, I'm new to this site and am on Day 3 of my quit. Feeling pretty depressed and completely disoriented, can others please post how long this so called "fog" lasted for you that are beyond the first two weeks of their quit? Anything that helped for you? I was chewing 2 cans of longhorn mint a day for a good 5 years, had been chewing for a total of 12 years. Any help would be appreciated, I am struggling here!!