Author Topic: Withdrawal normal?  (Read 3067 times)

Offline andrew33

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-11-12
  • Interests: Rifle and pistol
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Withdrawal normal?
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2015, 07:00:00 PM »
Okay. That makes me a feel a little better. The difficult thing about it is that it's been hitting me at work when I'm already dizzy. I've quit dipping before and didn'thave any of this happen. Strange.
"Make yourself sheep and the wolves will eat you." - Benjamin Franklin

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2015, 06:48:00 PM »
Quote from: andrew33
I feel so messed up right now I'm not even craving a dip. I'm just concerned that labored breathing isn't normal for withdrawal symptoms.
Relax. Close your eyes and relax.

It is anxiety. It is common. You are ok.

Offline andrew33

• Quitter
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2015, 06:42:00 PM »
I feel so messed up right now I'm not even craving a dip. I'm just concerned that labored breathing isn't normal for withdrawal symptoms.

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2015, 05:24:00 PM »
Quote from: andrew33
Hello everyone. I'm Andrew been dipping off and on since I was 15 but I have been going 2 cans a day strong for the last 6 years. Work got hectic and I got home late one night and passed out and missed all my winding down dips. Woke up for work the next morning and didn't have any so I had to wait till my break. I had a pinch. Got back to work chaos and I started to have trouble bbreathing through my nose and it made me panic. I have allergies so I have trouble breathing through my nose sometimes but it has never had me panic like that. It's been 3 days since that last dip and I'm still having trouble breathing and getting that panicked feeling along with dizzyness, insomnia and starving all day. I know some of those symptoms are normal but I feel like the anxiety part probably might be something else but I went to a doctor and got some tests done and they said I was good to go and that it sounds like it was withdrawals and they told me to go put a dip in. Has anyone else had problems breathing when you quit?
First of all... Thanks and good work posting this. Now you have, in writing, what nicotine has done to you.

Second - very smart to quit! It is better to quit while you still have a jaw and before you've wasted 50k or do. At 2 cans a day - both of those conclusions would happen.

As far as the anxiety, 2 cans 6 packs worth of cigarettes in nicotine. Know any 6 pack a day smokers? Fuckin A you are anxious! You just ripped a drug as addictive as heroin from your body. You are jonesing just like all of us have. Now, here is the good news... You'll never have to relive this bullshit ever again, because you are quit.

You are gonna get a lot of great advice... Water, exercise, posting roll... All are key, but posting roll is a must. This program works if you are all in with it. Don't listen to any advice to use nicotine to ease your anxiety. They don't know wtf they are talking about and they don't understand. We do. Lean on us. You can do this.

Offline andrew33

• Quitter
Withdrawal normal?
« on: November 15, 2015, 04:57:00 PM »
Hello everyone. I'm Andrew been dipping off and on since I was 15 but I have been going 2 cans a day strong for the last 6 years. Work got hectic and I got home late one night and passed out and missed all my winding down dips. Woke up for work the next morning and didn't have any so I had to wait till my break. I had a pinch. Got back to work chaos and I started to have trouble bbreathing through my nose and it made me panic. I have allergies so I have trouble breathing through my nose sometimes but it has never had me panic like that. It's been 3 days since that last dip and I'm still having trouble breathing and getting that panicked feeling along with dizzyness, insomnia and starving all day. I know some of those symptoms are normal but I feel like the anxiety part probably might be something else but I went to a doctor and got some tests done and they said I was good to go and that it sounds like it was withdrawals and they told me to go put a dip in. Has anyone else had problems breathing when you quit?