Author Topic: Try isn't an option anymore  (Read 947 times)

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
Re: Try isn't an option anymore
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2015, 10:53:00 PM »
Welcome oklahoma you have found your best chance at freedom! Post roll now. The support will pour in. You will need it. This shit is tough and if you really are not mentally ready,you will not make it. We probably all new the risk when we stuck this shit in our mouth but we never thought we could become the addicts we are now. Grab your sac, man up and welcome to ktc. It's gonna suck till it don't, but I promise you it does get better! I quit with you!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline invader

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-03-12
  • Interests: Board games, antique bicycles, and doing my fair share to bankrupt the ghouls over at Copenhagen.
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2015, 06:30:00 PM »
Man, you pretty much nailed it. The truth is that dip is just anxiety in a can. "Is this sore throat cancer this time? What's this white patch on my lip? What if the dentist tells me there's bad news? Better cancel...AGAIN..." Sadly, we all can relate to the worry that comes with dipping.

In fact, the community here and the relief I felt from not having to worry any more has carried me for 123 days. It really is fantastic to be able to look in the mirror and know that by quitting, you have truly done the best you can to prevent cancer, tooth loss, gum recession, or any other worry that dipping caused you. Not to mention all the little worries. No more worrying if you have enough dip to go fishing. No more worrying if your wife/girlfriend/coworkers/WHOEVER will find out. No more scheduling your life around it!

Head on over to the October 2015 Pre-Hall of Fame group and get acquainted with the folks there and how to post roll! That is your group, and it's a damn good group, too.

Offline Stillamarine

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-06-12
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2015, 12:50:00 PM »
You are on the right track. Learn to post roll and post roll every damn day (you will be pre-october 2015). Accept that you have an addiction, not a habit. You have to quit for yourself and it looks like you are already making that decision. Reach out to people in your group or anyone on here. Exchange contact information with others and if you need support holler.

I quit with you today!

Semper FI
No day but today.

Semper Fi

24 years of dipping = 8,765 days of slavery to the nic-bitch (approximately)

Quit date June 12th, 2015

Offline JohnSmallberries

• Wizard of Quit
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Every text is personal, if you just believe.
  • Quit Date: April 4, 2015
  • Interests: My beautiful daughter- smart and funny and happy and pretty and still loves me.My '97 HD Lowrider...cold-hearted bitch. I quit on April 5th, 2015. Chewed Copenhagen for 40 years.I'm a lucky and grateful SOB.
  • Likes Given: 110
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2015, 10:39:00 AM »
Hey Oakie- you will...you are quit- everyday make the promise and be accountable. The pain is real, being quit overcomes.
If you do this everyday, the support of KTC will get you through.
Everyday make the promise, be accountable to your brothers. It's not rocket surgery- get your quit on! I share mine with you today
“There's an important phrase that we use here, and think it's time that you all learned it. Act as if. You understand what that means? Act as if you are the fucking President of this firm. Act as if you got a 9" cock. Okay? Act as if.”

“That’s what I love about these fresh new quitters, man. I get older, they stay the same age.”

“I hold a beast, an angel and a madman in me, and my enquiry is as to their working, and my problem is their subjugation and victory, downthrow and upheaval, and my effort is their self-expression.”

Offline OklahomaOutpost

• Quit Date: 2015-07-12
Try isn't an option anymore
« on: July 12, 2015, 10:27:00 AM »
I'm not sure what is worse, the fear of getting cancer from dipping, or the cancer itself. I, for one, would not like to find out the latter through experience. I dipped for 5 years straight. Almost everyday, with a few months of quit attempts in the mix, since I graduated high school. I went through about a can a day, maybe two during my worst moments. The worst part is that I knew the risks involved even before I started. I honestly do not know what I was thinking when I first tried it, but that is enough about the past. All that matters is the future and the choices that I make starting right now to determine the outcome of my future.

I'm done. No more "I'm really gonna try this time." One thing I've learned from this experience is that if you really want something, you just have to do it. Go after it, do not leave one inch of room for excuses or failure. It is not an option. So literally as I am typing this, I am dumping my half can out, and throwing it away for good. And honestly I won't miss it, because I know, that regardless of the agitation and pain that I will go through as the withdrawals set it, It will never even come close to amounting to the anxiety that I have or would have experience if I had continued dipping.

I'm writing this for myself mostly, to look back and reflect upon when the inevitable temptation to go out and buy another can sets in. If you are ready, you should join me. We will quit together.