Author Topic: Newbie from Pa  (Read 5669 times)

Offline Grady

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-23
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Newbie from Pa
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2014, 12:01:00 AM »
Thanks for the welcome fella's. Steak, my name will be on roll tomorrow! rdad, thank you. I am beyond fed up with this nasty shit. When I spit that last kiss my ass chew out earlier, I looked in the sink and told myself, "there will not be no more black grains in that sink ever again."

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2014, 11:52:00 PM »
Quote from: Steakbomb18
I agree. You did come to the right place. Make sure you peruse this site in its entirety and post roll with your quit group which will be July. Every day we post our name with our quit group and promise not to use nicotine, in any form, for that day. The next day, repeat the cycle. Become involved and build your web of accountability. Up to this point you have only been accountable to 1 person, now you are accountable to many. If you are a man of your word, then be true to it and keep that promise. In return, we will keep our promise to not use nicotine for that day with you. We will also be here for support to make sure you don't break that promise.

Hop on board Grady, I look forward to seeing your name on roll tomorrow.
Welcome to the quit asylum Grady. You sound fed up with this shit. That's good. You can do this. I dipped for 26 years and because of the accountability this community demands, I have been clean for 152 days. It's the best thing I have ever decided to do. Glad you joined us.

Offline Steakbomb18

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 12/13/2013
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2014, 10:46:00 PM »
I agree. You did come to the right place. Make sure you peruse this site in its entirety and post roll with your quit group which will be July. Every day we post our name with our quit group and promise not to use nicotine, in any form, for that day. The next day, repeat the cycle. Become involved and build your web of accountability. Up to this point you have only been accountable to 1 person, now you are accountable to many. If you are a man of your word, then be true to it and keep that promise. In return, we will keep our promise to not use nicotine for that day with you. We will also be here for support to make sure you don't break that promise.

Hop on board Grady, I look forward to seeing your name on roll tomorrow.
Certified Grade A Badass

Offline Grady

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-23
  • Likes Given: 0
Newbie from Pa
« on: April 23, 2014, 10:11:00 PM »
Hey all , 30 year shit dipper here. I've been chewing since I was 15. I quit in the late 90's for 1 1/2 years, went boozing with some buddies, had a chew and it's been full throttle ever since. Made a deal with the Mrs. last year, if she lost X amount of weight, I'd quit. Well she lost X amount of weight, X2. So, 2 weeks ago I "quit" cold turkey for about 18 hours. I don't have to tell anyone here how that went. So the past 2 weeks, it's been, "I'm quitting tomorrow." I've been using the patches, rip the patch off, put in a chew. I've dumped probably 4 cans of Skoal down the drain over the past 2weeks, only to find myself running to the store to buy another.

Well I say 'Finger' to Skoal Original fine cut. I dumped the last and final can down the shitter about an hour ago. I really am sick and tired of this. If the wife and I go somewhere she tells me not to even speak to her because my breath stinks so bad. Everywhere I go, I have my little shit breath cleaning packet in my truck: mouthwash, toothbrush, toothpaste, gum, mints. It's sad! I ask the wife for a kiss, she asks, when was your last chew. Just to clarify, I'm quitting for myself. I've been down the road of someone wanting me to quit and as the old saying goes, you just resent that person. You know what they say about resentments, " Holding a resentment is like pissing yourself, no one else knows or know one else cares!"

I put the bottle down 6 1/2 years ago. I did the rehab thing. I thought that was rough, pffff.... that wasn't nothing compared to this. This drug is unreal. So, I'm glad that I found this site. I did buy some Jake's mint 2 weeks ago, that's the only thing going in my mouth tomorrow morning. Amen!