Author Topic: Proving to my wife I love her more  (Read 2209 times)

Offline tshane313

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-09-26
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Proving to my wife I love her more
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2014, 09:51:00 PM »
Quote from: Wt57
Quote from: grizzlyhasclaws
Quote from: tshane313
Quote from: Thumblewort
Read the welcome center, learn to post roll in the Pre-HOF Jan group here:

topic/10564902/18/

And then get busy quitting. How old of a human are you?
This human is 37 years old.

BTW - I finally figured out how to post roll. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
Make it about yourself, not about your wife and kids. Get selfish right now. We are here to support you.
I am doing this for myself. Honestly, I feel that I have been selfish all these years because I was doing what I wanted by dipping. Now I am putting my health first and my families wishes first. It is what's driving me.
Gotcha. Make sure your wife is with the program. Get her fully on board. Have her read the spousal support section of the forum. She will be your biggest supporter. Read everything on the forum. Educate yourself. You're in for a helluva fight, but you can do this. Failure is not an option.
Shane I'm still a little bit sceptical. Why, for 33 years I placed nicotine over my wife and daughter. Sure I had times my wife guilted me into putting the family first. Honestly I wanted to quit all those years but my desire wasn't ever quite as strong as my addiction. Instead of quitting I went super ninja. Finally 3 years ago I told my wife that she was right that I couldn't quit, I really didn't want to bad enough. I spent the next 6 months figuring out what was important in my life. When the dust settled I finally decided to quit for me and no one else. The family became a really good motivation but I didn't quit for them. My wife became my number 1 supporter, even though she didn't believe me yet. After 900 days she has lost intrest and still doesn't trust me 100%, and I don't blame her, I lied and made promises way too many times. To be honest I don't trust myself, that's why I still post roll!
you're right wt57. While they are good motivation...I am doing this quit for me. I want to be free!!!

Offline Wt57

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Gardening, Dutch Oven , playing with grand kids
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2014, 10:23:00 AM »

topic/10564902/18/

BTW - I finally figured out how to post roll. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
Make it about yourself, not about your wife and kids. Get selfish right now. We are here to support you.
I am doing this for myself. Honestly, I feel that I have been selfish all these years because I was doing what I wanted by dipping. Now I am putting my health first and my families wishes first. It is what's driving me.
Gotcha. Make sure your wife is with the program. Get her fully on board. Have her read the spousal support section of the forum. She will be your biggest supporter. Read everything on the forum. Educate yourself. You're in for a helluva fight, but you can do this. Failure is not an option.
Shane I'm still a little bit sceptical. Why, for 33 years I placed nicotine over my wife and daughter. Sure I had times my wife guilted me into putting the family first. Honestly I wanted to quit all those years but my desire wasn't ever quite as strong as my addiction. Instead of quitting I went super ninja. Finally 3 years ago I told my wife that she was right that I couldn't quit, I really didn't want to bad enough. I spent the next 6 months figuring out what was important in my life. When the dust settled I finally decided to quit for me and no one else. The family became a really good motivation but I didn't quit for them. My wife became my number 1 supporter, even though she didn't believe me yet. After 900 days she has lost intrest and still doesn't trust me 100%, and I don't blame her, I lied and made promises way too many times. To be honest I don't trust myself, that's why I still post roll!
4/1/2012: Nicotine Quit Date
7/9/12: HOF The Missing Warning Label
TODAY is the day that counts
"Do, or do not, there is no try." Yoda

Offline Snot

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-30
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2014, 12:03:00 AM »
Quote from: Enough
Welcome Tshane,
We just got done chatting in chat. This is without a doubt the best decision you'll ever make. Tell the nic bitch to "take a suck" and lets get this done. PM away if needed and I'm quit with you EDD.
Old ES
Same here. Welcome, tshane. You can do this but you have to do this for yourself first. PM me if you need a number. I will be watching your progress.

Offline Enough snuff

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 6/19/2014
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2014, 11:51:00 PM »
Welcome Tshane,
We just got done chatting in chat. This is without a doubt the best decision you'll ever make. Tell the nic bitch to "take a suck" and lets get this done. PM away if needed and I'm quit with you EDD.
Old ES
"You must do what others don't, to achieve what others won't"  Old Es

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2014, 04:43:00 PM »

topic/10564902/18/

Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline tshane313

• Quitter
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2014, 04:33:00 PM »

topic/10564902/18/

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2014, 04:21:00 PM »

topic/10564902/18/

Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline tshane313

• Quitter
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2014, 04:15:00 PM »

topic/10564902/18/

Offline Idaho Spuds

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: August 18, 2014
  • Interests: Family, Soccer, fishing, hunting, camping
  • Likes Given: 71
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2014, 03:44:00 PM »
tshane313,
Welcome and great decision to quit. Your story is similar to many on this site, read everything and get active (Live Chat is great).
Also, I would show your wife and kids the site and have them share in your quit!
You can do this! One Day At A Time ODAAT!
PM me for cell phone number (digits)
Charles

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2014, 03:30:00 PM »

topic/10564902/18/

Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline schaef418

• BANNED
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2014, 03:28:00 PM »
Prove to yourself that you love yourself more than the nic bitch.

You haven't quit in the past, you have stopped temporarily. This is your quit....the end. Go to the January Form and post roll. Post roll every damn day...it is your pledge to your quit brother that you will not use any form of nicotine for the day. Do it first thing.

Welcome to KTC. It will get worse before it gets better.

Offline tshane313

• Quitter
Proving to my wife I love her more
« on: September 26, 2014, 03:20:00 PM »
This is my second day without dip. I am a 25 year addict. I've tried to quit so many times in the past, but obviously failed. Never had anywhere like this site for support.

Recently, my wife gave me a wake up call and said that she feels that Grizzly was more important to me then she is. She can't understand why I would continue to dip when I knew it bothered her so much. So I have decided to prove to her that she is more important, that my kids are more important, and that I am done being controlled by a can.

I just lost my father this past February. He was 61. He suffered many heart attacks over the years because of his use of tobacco products. He had his first heart attack when he was my age, and that scares me. I don't want to end up like that.

I look forward to getting to know the members on here better and being a quitter along side of you.

Shane