Author Topic: Promise  (Read 5220 times)

Offline bleeckerdogs

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Promise
« Reply #80 on: June 06, 2013, 02:03:00 PM »
Everyone THANKS, venting was good, your support and the fact that I posted roll is enough to keep me going today. I will promise again tomorrow and my buddy Cowgirl is going to post for me this weekend. I will not ask her to lie so my ass will STILL be quit on Monday when I get back. I will be a solid 147 days. Nicotene is a tricky bitch. This near cave at day 143 proves what my Buddy CR4 tells me everyday "I am an Addict". This shit about it getting easier is bullshit, Today was fucking hard and I have no idea why.

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #79 on: June 06, 2013, 01:46:00 PM »
You can do this man.

You're awfully quiet. You doing ok?
In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline racetrackcowgirl

• Quitter
« Reply #78 on: June 06, 2013, 12:51:00 PM »
Hey - go look up "lean on me" by bill withers on you tube (one of my ALL time favorite songs - and the custom ring tone of one of my support friends here at home).....really really listen to the words - then smile and know that's everyone here at KTC - even the ones you haven't met yet

:wub:

It will give you something to hold on to - i mean something other than your junk :) - remember I'm from "junk free july" hahahahaha!
Cowgirl

"Don?t single yourself out as a woman. You are an addict. You are a quitter and in the end it doesn?t matter what?s between your legs, it?s what?s in your head that will make the difference."

"Quitting is a process. It?s an extremely difficult, simple process - one that never again has to be faced alone."

Offline jayd41

• Quitter
  • Interests: Golf, basketball, anything related to Purdue! Boiler up! Friends and family
« Reply #77 on: June 06, 2013, 12:44:00 PM »
Quote from: racetrackcowgirl
So help me God bleecker if you cave on me - I'll come kick your ass right down to texas and then make you stay in this miserable state you hate so damn much!!!!!

You gave me all kinds of hell in the beginning and I ended coming to you to prove myself.......i'm standing here arm and arm linked quit with you, so don't you freakin let go dude! I can help take some of the load off with my support but YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!

Don't let a chic beat you man - i don't want to have more days than you - i don't want to be the "big sis" I want to stay the "little sis"

you have to listen to racetrack girl!
Boy I sure could use a beer right about now!

Offline racetrackcowgirl

• Quitter
« Reply #76 on: June 06, 2013, 12:37:00 PM »
So help me God bleecker if you cave on me - I'll come kick your ass right down to texas and then make you stay in this miserable state you hate so damn much!!!!!

You gave me all kinds of hell in the beginning and I ended coming to you to prove myself.......i'm standing here arm and arm linked quit with you, so don't you freakin let go dude! I can help take some of the load off with my support but YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!

Don't let a chic beat you man - i don't want to have more days than you - i don't want to be the "big sis" I want to stay the "little sis"

Cowgirl

"Don?t single yourself out as a woman. You are an addict. You are a quitter and in the end it doesn?t matter what?s between your legs, it?s what?s in your head that will make the difference."

"Quitting is a process. It?s an extremely difficult, simple process - one that never again has to be faced alone."

Offline flynniej15

• Quitter
« Reply #75 on: June 06, 2013, 10:27:00 AM »
Quote from: bleeckerdogs
Update - 6/6/2013 - 215 cans left on the shelf to date. AND TODAY I WANT TO BUY ONE IN THE WORST FUCKING WAY EVER! Why am I having such hard craves at Day 143. I have not craved like this since weeks 1 -2. My head feels like it will fucking explode at any minute. SHU26 - I believe I would have caved this morning if I hadn't read about your cave this week. On the other hand the nic bitch keeps telling me he had just one and is quit again, you can do it to.

I am staying quit because its what I want, I'm staying quit becuase I promised to do so. I am staying quit today! All day. Cowgirl, CR4, SHU26 and the fog cutters give me strength! UGGGGGGGH
Stay quit for yourself but also for us newbies ... because I want to know that its possible to never back down  to stay quit everyday

Offline bleeckerdogs

• Quitter
« Reply #74 on: June 06, 2013, 10:25:00 AM »
Update - 6/6/2013 - 215 cans left on the shelf to date.  AND TODAY I WANT TO BUY ONE IN THE WORST FUCKING WAY EVER!  Why am I having such hard craves at Day 143.  I have not craved like this since weeks 1 -2.  My head feels like it will fucking explode at any minute.  SHU26 - I believe I would have caved this morning if I hadn't read about your cave this week.  On the other hand the nic bitch keeps telling me he had just one and is quit again, you can do it to. 

I am staying quit because its what I want, I'm staying quit becuase I promised to do so.  I am staying quit today!  All day.  Cowgirl, CR4, SHU26 and the fog cutters give me strength!  UGGGGGGGH
quit on bleeker....i gave a more of newbie then me some advice last night before i signed off..."if you're not married, go get some strange, if you are take the afternoon and go get some from the wife" which by the way, if that is who is in your avatar, nice work _ I WISH! Thanks for the reach out.

Offline jayd41

• Quitter
  • Interests: Golf, basketball, anything related to Purdue! Boiler up! Friends and family
« Reply #73 on: June 06, 2013, 10:23:00 AM »
Update - 6/6/2013 - 215 cans left on the shelf to date. AND TODAY I WANT TO BUY ONE IN THE WORST FUCKING WAY EVER! Why am I having such hard craves at Day 143. I have not craved like this since weeks 1 -2. My head feels like it will fucking explode at any minute. SHU26 - I believe I would have caved this morning if I hadn't read about your cave this week. On the other hand the nic bitch keeps telling me he had just one and is quit again, you can do it to.

I am staying quit because its what I want, I'm staying quit becuase I promised to do so. I am staying quit today! All day. Cowgirl, CR4, SHU26 and the fog cutters give me strength! UGGGGGGGH
quit on bleeker....i gave a more of newbie then me some advice last night before i signed off..."if you're not married, go get some strange, if you are take the afternoon and go get some from the wife" which by the way, if that is who is in your avatar, nice work
Boy I sure could use a beer right about now!

Offline Kubrick

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 3/24/2012
  • Interests: Guiar, bass guitar, Flyfishing, shooting, photography
« Reply #72 on: June 06, 2013, 10:22:00 AM »

Just hang in there. The craves will pass. Keep doing the same thing you've been doing for the past 215 days.

It's why I still post roll daily.
Quit date 03/24/2012
HOF date 07/01/2012

"The only regret I ever see on this site is from those who fail..." - Sac

My Intro

Offline bleeckerdogs

• Quitter
« Reply #71 on: June 06, 2013, 10:17:00 AM »

Offline omahaflyer

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 3 Jan 2013
  • Interests: fish golf baseball
« Reply #70 on: May 07, 2013, 10:38:00 AM »
One shot one kill. 'Remshot'
Memorial Stadium

Southeast: "In Commemoration of the men of Nebraska who served and fell in the Nation's Wars."
Southwest: "Not the victory but the action; Not the goal but the game; In the deed the glory."
Northwest: "Courage; Generosity; Fairness; Honor; In these are the true awards of manly sport."
Northeast: "Their Lives they held their country's trust; They kept its faith; They died its heroes."

Offline SirDerek

• Quit Pro
« Reply #69 on: May 07, 2013, 09:32:00 AM »
Had my toughest yet most rewarding quit moment in 113 days. While cleaning out the gun safe I found a unopened can of skoal long cut wintergreen. I had it in my hand. It felt good, I even packed it. Did it ever look yummy! At no point did I even consider opening it. Instead I set it up on a post in the back yard and tore it a new ass with my brand new Kimber 45. By the way I bought the 45 with money I am saving from not chewing. Fuck you UST. None today! Felt really good. I also found a spitter I must have been hiding from the wife. Shit was all dried up and dead, just like my chewing habbit. Proud to be quit with all you addicts today.
That my friend is an awesome use for your hidden surprise.

Well done having some fun and keep on keeping on

Offline cr4

• Quitter
  • Interests: Golfing, running, playing and watching sports, music, outdoor activities.
« Reply #68 on: May 07, 2013, 09:31:00 AM »
Had my toughest yet most rewarding quit moment in 113 days. While cleaning out the gun safe I found a unopened can of skoal long cut wintergreen. I had it in my hand. It felt good, I even packed it. Did it ever look yummy! At no point did I even consider opening it. Instead I set it up on a post in the back yard and tore it a new ass with my brand new Kimber 45. By the way I bought the 45 with money I am saving from not chewing. Fuck you UST. None today! Felt really good. I also found a spitter I must have been hiding from the wife. Shit was all dried up and dead, just like my chewing habbit. Proud to be quit with all you addicts today.
Nice work Bleeckerdogs!
Former Ninja
Quit Date = 3/1/13

"You are not giving up anything pleasurable. You are freeing yourself from one of the most disgusting addictions known to mankind. Dip fills no voids in your life. It creates them." --Diesel2112

Offline bleeckerdogs

• Quitter
« Reply #67 on: May 07, 2013, 09:25:00 AM »

Offline bleeckerdogs

• Quitter
« Reply #66 on: March 30, 2013, 02:18:00 PM »
Now this has to be one of the most pathetic stories I can tell you. A very good friend quit chewing Cope 15 years ago. The whole time he preached that I need to stop. Shits gona kill you etc. Well like every other addict I brushed it aside and I distanced my self from him. I reached out to let him know about my 70+ days and he told me that hes back to 2 cans a day for a little over a year. Quit cold turkey for 14+ years after a 25 year habit. And now he is as hooked as ever and has no intention to quit. I found the contract last night, sent it to him. He laughed and said fuck it we all die from something. Words spoken by a true addict. I am so glad that I finally took his advice and found the FREEDOM! People don't ever let your guard down, we are addicts, we will always be addicts. There is no such thing as just one KTC and all its members, Thank you. I love having a place to vent and be held accountable. My buddy would have been on our 51st floor when he fell off. Can you fucking imagin!