Author Topic: Slave no more..  (Read 4614 times)

Offline Otter

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-08-13
  • Interests: All things Jesus and my family.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Slave no more..
« Reply #73 on: August 14, 2014, 12:25:00 PM »
Quote from: E&C's
Quote from: Otter
Emergency Plan:

1. Have a whole arsenal of gum, candy, stir straws and water at the ready.
2. Call my wife and talk through it with her until the urge or crave goes away.
3. Use this site and the people on it to keep me from caving. It is not an option to use nicotine anymore.
4. If the above does not work, I will call one of the numbers given to me by my quit brothers.
Your plan is flawed. Hear me out on this. I have revised your plan below.

1-It is not an option to use nicotine anymore, I will read until I can't read anymore and use KTC as it was intended
2-Have a whole arsenal of gum, candy, stir straws and water at the ready
3-I will call one of the numbers given to me by my quit brothers (Because they understand addiction and have been through what I am going through now. They are the only ones who will understand)
4-IF AND ONLY IF NONE OF MY QUIT BROTHERS ANSWER THEIR PHONES I WILL CALL MY WIFE WHO WILL NOT UNDERSTAND IN THE SLIGHTEST WHAT I AM GOING THROUGH AND HOPEFULLY SHE DOESN'T TELL ME ITS NOT A GOOD TIME TO QUIT!

Your wife is not going to help you on this journey... she cannot possibly understand unless she has quit nicotine in her life.
You are right EC. I will go with your revisions.

Offline Grizzly25

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Every and all sports, fishing and hunting.
« Reply #72 on: August 14, 2014, 11:45:00 AM »
Quote from: Thumblewort
I am practicing Catholic, but God or Jesus didn't drive me to Sams Club and buy 40 cans at a time. I thank God daily for the strength and willpower to be finally quit, but my quit is for me, and anyone else including God that benefits from it is just a bonus.
X2
"Remember you are either getting better or getting worse, nobody stays the same!" Woody Hayes

"Winning! That's all we do around here brotha! Failure is not an option, remove it as an option and the possibilities are endless...." Bruce317 5-18-2012

"...We'll be heroes or ghosts...But we won't be turned around." Wastepanel 6-15-2012

"A QUITTER NEVER HAS TO GO THROUGH THE SUCK AGAIN!" tgafish 6-1-2012

QUIT LIKE FUCK MY BITCHES!!!

PATIENCE LIKE FUCK MY BITCHES!!!

Quit Date: 2-6-2012
HOF Date: 5-16-2012
HOF Speech

Offline bronc

• Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: 3/14/14
  • Interests: Rodeo, Hunting, Raising my daughter, Cooking and entertaining
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #71 on: August 14, 2014, 11:33:00 AM »
Emergency Plan:

3. Use this site and the people on it to keep me from caving. It is not an option to use nicotine anymore.
4. If the above does not work, I will call one of the numbers given to me by my quit brothers.

1-It is not an option to use nicotine anymore, I will read until I can't read anymore and use KTC as it was intended
3-I will call one of the numbers given to me by my quit brothers (Because they understand addiction and have been through what I am going through now. They are the only ones who will understand)
4-IF AND ONLY IF NONE OF MY QUIT BROTHERS ANSWER THEIR PHONES I WILL CALL MY WIFE WHO WILL NOT UNDERSTAND IN THE SLIGHTEST WHAT I AM GOING THROUGH AND HOPEFULLY SHE DOESN'T TELL ME ITS NOT A GOOD TIME TO QUIT!

Your wife is not going to help you on this journey... she cannot possibly understand unless she has quit nicotine in her life.
Dude. You need to seriously drop your wife from your quit plan. In your mind you are thinking it's loving and good etc. But that statement, "are you sure it's a good time" is not something you want to be saying "bless her heart" to. It's a statement of absolutely no faith in you. That's as powerful a statement as there is about what you have done and what you are doing. The only thing your wife wants to hear from you regarding this stuff is that you have not used nicotine in any form today and you didn't haul that idol with you to church or your prayer time. That's it.

You need to focus on quitting and quitting the way we do it here. Brotherhood + Acccountability = Success. Keep your shitshow on the sidelines until you start to understand and get perspective of where you are. You are trying to post topics like you are fricking Soloman and all you are doing is showing how much you don't get it.

I said this yesterday and I'll say it again today. I have no faith in your quit and keep your family out of it. This is on you. If you want to quit, you quit. That's it.

1 Cor 16:13 Be on the alert, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong. That's the New American Standard Version

I like the American Standard Version better because it uses the word quit: Watch ye, stand fast in the faith, quit you like men, be strong.

E&C's Dad

« Reply #70 on: August 14, 2014, 11:18:00 AM »
Emergency Plan:

Offline mattyf118

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2013-09-06
« Reply #69 on: August 14, 2014, 10:39:00 AM »
It is not an option to use nicotine anymore.
This is the most important statement you could ever make on this site.

Shut the door, burn the boat, don't look back.
Quit Date: 09/06/13
HOF Date: 12/14/13

Caving is not an option

Offline mattyf118

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2013-09-06
« Reply #68 on: August 14, 2014, 10:38:00 AM »
Quote from: Thumblewort
I am practicing Catholic, but God or Jesus didn't drive me to Sams Club and buy 40 cans at a time. I thank God daily for the strength and willpower to be finally quit, but my quit is for me, and anyone else including God that benefits from it is just a bonus.
There was only one set of tire tracks.
Quit Date: 09/06/13
HOF Date: 12/14/13

Caving is not an option

Offline Otter

• Quitter
« Reply #67 on: August 14, 2014, 10:28:00 AM »
Emergency Plan:

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #66 on: August 14, 2014, 10:06:00 AM »
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline Otter

• Quitter
« Reply #65 on: August 14, 2014, 10:01:00 AM »
Quote from: gmann
Quote from: Skoal
Quote from: ERDVM
Quote from: CBird65
Quote from: Sand_Fleas_Gotta_Eat
Quote from: jimthins
My wife was not happy at all and made it clear that my love for her and the girls was not being shown by trying to get cancer and kill myself.
Come on, Otter. That can't feel good knowing that. You can't, and I mean C-A-N-N-O-T let nicotine control your life anymore. Hearing your wife say something of that nature should be a knife in the gut. Maybe it's the reality check you need. Quit for your family, quit for KTC, but most importantly quit for YOURSELF! You know you can do it. Why put yourself through the misery of experiencing withdrawals all over again? And why put yourself through the misery of getting put on the chopping block for all KTC to see?
When you get those cravings, and decide you want to buy a can for just "one dip" remember how your wife and family felt. Remember all the support you've left behind on KTC. And don't forget.... CANCER or maybe even DEATH!
The shit is for real man. One of these days you won't have the chance to "try again."
It's time to man up Otter. Stop pussy-footin around. Get your quit on.
How long has this guy ^^^ been quit. Awesome post! Otter you would be approaching approximately 1,000 days with your original quit group. You have the ability to be a bad ass quitter. Now you have to prove it to everyone here. There are some serious bad assed quitters here posting on your intro. THAT means something. These folks care or they wouldn't be posting on your intro! Check your PM!
ready nope.... ready now, nope .... how about now? tired of being a slave yet????

Dammit you should be the comma w us!

Chad the revolving door of your attempts will come to an immediate end when you draw the line in the sand .
Not the imaginary line Obama uses - the one where I say I have had enough, I am a man of my word and I will not use nicotine for any reason. My quit is 100% my decision and is not dependent on anything or anyone.
Burn all your bridges - No retreating!

post your promise
keep your word
rinse and repeat
:sigh

Thanks Otter. Thanks for reminding me how much it must suck to be going through withdrawal again and again and again...
You know what? I'm going to stand over here behind Vigor. Right behind this LINE that we are not crossing TODAY. Right here with Bronc and EC and Flea and jimmythin. They have my back. WE have given our word.

V 943.
You should change your name to Flounder
Now, see, that right there ^^^^ is funny.

Your new KTC name is flounder.
If the shoe fits, wear it! I AM FLOUNDER.

Offline G

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #64 on: August 14, 2014, 09:53:00 AM »
Quote from: Skoal
Quote from: ERDVM
Quote from: CBird65
Quote from: Sand_Fleas_Gotta_Eat
Quote from: jimthins
My wife was not happy at all and made it clear that my love for her and the girls was not being shown by trying to get cancer and kill myself.
Come on, Otter. That can't feel good knowing that. You can't, and I mean C-A-N-N-O-T let nicotine control your life anymore. Hearing your wife say something of that nature should be a knife in the gut. Maybe it's the reality check you need. Quit for your family, quit for KTC, but most importantly quit for YOURSELF! You know you can do it. Why put yourself through the misery of experiencing withdrawals all over again? And why put yourself through the misery of getting put on the chopping block for all KTC to see?
When you get those cravings, and decide you want to buy a can for just "one dip" remember how your wife and family felt. Remember all the support you've left behind on KTC. And don't forget.... CANCER or maybe even DEATH!
The shit is for real man. One of these days you won't have the chance to "try again."
It's time to man up Otter. Stop pussy-footin around. Get your quit on.
How long has this guy ^^^ been quit. Awesome post! Otter you would be approaching approximately 1,000 days with your original quit group. You have the ability to be a bad ass quitter. Now you have to prove it to everyone here. There are some serious bad assed quitters here posting on your intro. THAT means something. These folks care or they wouldn't be posting on your intro! Check your PM!
ready nope.... ready now, nope .... how about now? tired of being a slave yet????

Dammit you should be the comma w us!

Chad the revolving door of your attempts will come to an immediate end when you draw the line in the sand .
Not the imaginary line Obama uses - the one where I say I have had enough, I am a man of my word and I will not use nicotine for any reason. My quit is 100% my decision and is not dependent on anything or anyone.
Burn all your bridges - No retreating!

post your promise
keep your word
rinse and repeat
:sigh

Thanks Otter. Thanks for reminding me how much it must suck to be going through withdrawal again and again and again...
You know what? I'm going to stand over here behind Vigor. Right behind this LINE that we are not crossing TODAY. Right here with Bronc and EC and Flea and jimmythin. They have my back. WE have given our word.

V 943.
You should change your name to Flounder
Now, see, that right there ^^^^ is funny.

Your new KTC name is flounder.

Offline G

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
« Reply #63 on: August 14, 2014, 09:52:00 AM »
Quote from: schaef418
Quote from: mattyf118
Here's the thing. Everyone on this site says that quitting is hard. I'm going to let you in on a little secret. Quitting wasn't hard for me. Did I go thru withdrawals, yes. Did they suck, yes. But guess what, when I closed that door, I fucking slammed it, taped it, nailed it, welded it shut. Quit is quit, when you shut the door, there is no more opening it. There's no more one pinch, one taste, one smell. Maybe you're the type of guy who needs some hard truth. Saw you mentioned your wife in an earlier post. Why don't you go read the Tom and Jenny Kern story. See what his wife is doing now. Wise up man, keep that shit outta your lip. You wanna be that guy, not there to see his fucking kids grow up. Nobody on this site, in this world, or in this universe is going to change your mind. Jesus isn't going to help you stop dipping. He only helps those who help themselves. Burn your damn boat man before it's too late.

You're playing Russian Roulette with cancer causing bullets. I wish you luck.
Damn...everyone should read this.
Agreed^^^. Nice post, matty.

Offline wastepanel

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Fuck you guys.
    • Scaretissue.com
  • Likes Given: 21
« Reply #62 on: August 14, 2014, 09:40:00 AM »
Quote from: FMBM707
Quote from: Hubie337
After reading all this a couple of things struck me.

1. Are people really quitting this stuff because the don't want to get cancer? Its a serious question. I have 4 kids and that justification never even crossed my mind.

2. Do kids and spouses really help you quit? I quit before and only told my father who had just quit smoking after 50 years. Honest question.

To be honest the reason I am quitting is I hate the fact that I let some dirt bag tobacco company get me addicted to a product that does NOTHING for me. The only reason I was buying it the last 5 years was to prevent withdrawal.

I finally had enough of throwing away money on a product I HATED and am wiling to go thru hell so eventually I can waive my middle finger at US Tobacco Inc. Being a slave to nicotine finally just pissed me off.
Hubie-

The fear of cancer can be a powerful motivator but it's not enough to stay quit.
The fear of disappointing your kids or spouse is a powerful motivator but it's not enough.
Hating nicotine is a powerful quit method but it's not enough.
The expense of dip leads some to stop but it's not enough.
Etc. Etc. Etc.

There are a lot of powerful motivating factors that can lead someone to 'stop' using nicotine. I use the word 'stop' because on KTC that means a temporary time away from abusing nicotine.

Thoughts of cancer or disappointing a spouse or kids can help someone get through a crave but there is only one thing that will ultimately lead you to QUIT:

Realizing it's a choice. Choose or choose not. Do or do not.

As mattyf118 points out in his post it was easy for him. Why was it easy? Because he realized it's a choice and he chose not.

Everyday when you wake up choose not to use nicotine that day. Make that promise to yourself, to your group and then follow through on that choice.

There's nothing wrong with having some motivation to help you make the right choice, like hating big tobacco or fear of cancer, but in the end it's just a choice.

Otter can't seem to understand that Jesus, his wife, his kids, fear of cancer, hate of big tobacco etc. isn't going to keep him QUIT. He's the only one that can do that because it's his choice.
Powerful stuff there and you are right. In the past it was always about doing it for someone else, my wife, my daughter, etc. This time around, I know I have put a great deal of emphasis on God. The truth is, I do get it now, it is my choice, my responsibility and I am the only one who can make this happen or screw up and fail. I cannot and will not fail, in fact, it is funny that in all my other attempts or stops, I would get angry or mad, but it was at the fact that I couldn't have the nicotine. This time around, is different because on the way home from work I found myself yelling that I hated the stuff and it wasn't going to have control over me anymore. I told my wife last night that I had decided to quit for good and bless her heart, she said, "are you sure this is the right time?" I said, yes it is the right time. RIGHT HERE, RIGHT NOW IS THE RIGHT TIME TO NEVER PUT THAT POISON IN MY BODY AGAIN! I think she is starting to believe me this time around.

It has only been one day and I am craving like nobodies business, but I will not and cannot give in. There is no going back there ever again. Nicotine has controlled me for 22 years and I have had enough. Thank you to everyone for your posts. I couldn't do it without all of you here. Tried that, didn't work, back to KTC again for good.
Get through today.

Hell, get through right now.

It's all we got man, and it's all we ask you. Have faith in God, but have faith in yourself as well. I am doing it so I know that you can. Be proactive in this quit and plan to be quit. You will find yourself quit.

What's your plan for today?
In the end I Surrender, I and I alone accept that I have and always will have a Nicotene ADDICTION. It is my choice to quit, but I can't do it alone. I get to go down this path one time, I want to do it right. I recognize that my word, my integrety to you is on the line and is only as good as my actions. Caving is not an option in this plan-Eafman 7/11

I am not cured. I will quit one day at a time. I will continue to do what works. Posting roll everyday. To do otherwise would be foolish on my part. You can do this-Ready 12/11

To overcome your addiction you must comprehend what it means to fail-Razd 3/12

Theres a lot of people that come here, especially vets, that WANT to be reminded that they are addicts.-Tarpon 6/12

Just as a building starts with architectural drawings. Your daily quit begins with a promise.-Scowick 2/13

Here and now, focused on today, minute by minute, whatever it takes, I promise to all my bros and myself not to become a negative stat and stay quit!-krok 1/15

I want everyone to be quit. Even the assholes.-Probe1957 1/18

Ignoring history or erasing history fixes nothing and leads you inevitably down the same path.-69franx 04/30/2021

Offline Otter

• Quitter
« Reply #61 on: August 14, 2014, 09:23:00 AM »
Quote from: FMBM707

1. Are people really quitting this stuff because the don't want to get cancer? Its a serious question. I have 4 kids and that justification never even crossed my mind.

2. Do kids and spouses really help you quit? I quit before and only told my father who had just quit smoking after 50 years. Honest question.

To be honest the reason I am quitting is I hate the fact that I let some dirt bag tobacco company get me addicted to a product that does NOTHING for me. The only reason I was buying it the last 5 years was to prevent withdrawal.

I finally had enough of throwing away money on a product I HATED and am wiling to go thru hell so eventually I can waive my middle finger at US Tobacco Inc. Being a slave to nicotine finally just pissed me off.
Hubie-

The fear of cancer can be a powerful motivator but it's not enough to stay quit.
The fear of disappointing your kids or spouse is a powerful motivator but it's not enough.
Etc. Etc. Etc.

There are a lot of powerful motivating factors that can lead someone to 'stop' using nicotine. I use the word 'stop' because on KTC that means a temporary time away from abusing nicotine.

Thoughts of cancer or disappointing a spouse or kids can help someone get through a crave but there is only one thing that will ultimately lead you to QUIT:

As mattyf118 points out in his post it was easy for him. Why was it easy? Because he realized it's a choice and he chose not.

Everyday when you wake up choose not to use nicotine that day. Make that promise to yourself, to your group and then follow through on that choice.

There's nothing wrong with having some motivation to help you make the right choice, like hating big tobacco or fear of cancer, but in the end it's just a choice.

Otter can't seem to understand that Jesus, his wife, his kids, fear of cancer, hate of big tobacco etc. isn't going to keep him QUIT. He's the only one that can do that because it's his choice.
Powerful stuff there and you are right. In the past it was always about doing it for someone else, my wife, my daughter, etc. This time around, I know I have put a great deal of emphasis on God. The truth is, I do get it now, it is my choice, my responsibility and I am the only one who can make this happen or screw up and fail. I cannot and will not fail, in fact, it is funny that in all my other attempts or stops, I would get angry or mad, but it was at the fact that I couldn't have the nicotine. This time around, is different because on the way home from work I found myself yelling that I hated the stuff and it wasn't going to have control over me anymore. I told my wife last night that I had decided to quit for good and bless her heart, she said, "are you sure this is the right time?" I said, yes it is the right time. RIGHT HERE, RIGHT NOW IS THE RIGHT TIME TO NEVER PUT THAT POISON IN MY BODY AGAIN! I think she is starting to believe me this time around.

It has only been one day and I am craving like nobodies business, but I will not and cannot give in. There is no going back there ever again. Nicotine has controlled me for 22 years and I have had enough. Thank you to everyone for your posts. I couldn't do it without all of you here. Tried that, didn't work, back to KTC again for good.

Offline FMBM707

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-05-06
« Reply #60 on: August 14, 2014, 07:19:00 AM »

Hubie-

Etc. Etc. Etc.

Offline Sand_Fleas_Gotta_Eat

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Restoring my 220 year old house. I don't have any other interest because I no longer have time for such things.
« Reply #59 on: August 13, 2014, 10:41:00 PM »
Quote from: THansen2413
Quote from: Bronc
My quit didnÂ’t last because I allowed my flesh to supersede my spiritual beliefs. I relied on my own will to make it happen instead of the One who can actually do the changing. Smoking or dipping for 22 years or so and then expecting to quit cold turkey takes a huge amount of guts and determination. I have seen where many on this site have been successful and many who were not. I am a serial caver and donÂ’t even know why I came back here, except that it is the only place that I have been where I was able to quit for any length of time. Some of you here will not understand my resolve lies in my faith in Jesus Christ. Someone just said that He didnÂ’t put the nic in my mouth and that is correct. I am taking full responsibility and accountability this time for my actions, but I am not relying on my own will to do this. Jesus said that He would be a comforter and a help in times of need and I am placing my trust in Him alone to overcome this addiction.

My lack of accountability to everyone on this site who has not caved or given in makes me an untrustworthy person and I understand what comes with that. My resolve to quit was not where it needed to be in the past and I am going to utilize all the tools on this site and my support network at home, including my wife and daughters, who were not a big part in the past. Despite my past failures, there is no doubt in my mind that this will be the last explanation that I will have to make on why I didnÂ’t hold up my part of the deal.
You know Otter, if it were up to me, you would be banned. You have no integrity, no honor, no self-respect and you are a whining little girl. Now you are bringing the Lord into it. God gave you everything you needed to quit. He isn't quitting for you..you do the work. If you think that He's going to magically change you, then you are dead wrong again and you have already laid the foundation for the next excuse as to why you caved.

I really don't understand how you are planning on utilizing your wife and daughters in your quit. They have absolutely nothing to do with your quit and can't do anything to help you. You had all the tools right here. You had the encouragement, the support, everything and you pissed it away, not just once, but multiple times. It's a real simple formula here, just like it is with Christianity. You give your word and you keep your word. You can't do either of those things. Go away. Go far away. You are poison to everyone here that is quit and the new quitters that are quit.

You have a mindset that you can just keep "trying." That mindset is 100% lethal. We have no room for that. You are asking everyone on here to say it's ok to cave and you'll be welcomed back. NO WAY!!!! A little leaven leavens the whole lump. That's Galatians 5:9. That's what you are. Poison to the whole group of quitters. If you actually got this, you wouldn't have come back to this site. It's completely selfish of you. You would take your shit show to some other site where they'll coddle balls with you and say things like "it's ok, you just have to keep trying." I'm not ever going to say that to you or anyone else. That isn't graceless. That is honor and truth. To say that would be to say to that addict in me, that I could go ahead an take one dip and it'll be ok because everyone might be a little mad but they'll take me back and I can try again. That mindset is death. You want to live like that, go ahead, but don't bring that in here.

In here, we are fostering life. Living life and living it with integrity, honor and respect. It starts with not being a liar. Go post somewhere else and learn integrity. Take what you've learned here and go somewhere else and help some quitters elsewhere. You won't get support from me here.

As EC says - you can fuck off. And if you don't see how that statement is helpful to you, then you really don't get it.
I am bumping this up to the top. ^^^Truth Hammer^^^ BAM! Right in the ass!
Hey Otter,

I'm quoting off my brothers posts. You see, I call them brothers, because to me, they are. I fought to 100 days with them...side by side. We shared ups and downs and were there for one another. Who did you reach out to? Anybody? Obviously not. I've been watching your posts throughout the day from work. Now I get the chance to respond to you...

You are a fucking weak ass. You blame and disrespect Jesus and God for your cave? Here's where I'm coming from pal. I'm non religious.. but I'd be the first in line to support "insert religious group here" cause. You know why? Because, much like I'm judged for not being religious, I'd expect people to respect me for being a damn nice person. So to see you, hiding behind religion, it pisses me off. You remind me of a stone cold killer who finds Jesus while on death row. No bro, you can't play that card... you know why? Because you caved, or if you killed somebody...you killed somebody. You're covering your ass..... your TRYING to make people feel sorry for you. I don't feel sorry for you. You caved out of your own FREE WILL (credit to EC Dad for that line). Jesus didn't intervene and move your mouth to buy a tin. YOU DID. You come to KTC and declare rock bottom...because no half ass would join this site.... and you do this shit? Damn... your road to redemption starts now.... and it's not going to be a pleasant walk... I can promise you that. I'd offer you luck, but luck has nothing to do with it.... time to grab your nuts and own up... and QUIT for once in your life. PS, don't ever post anything again that will disrespect my June brothers and their religion.... I have no fucking time for that.
You see Otter, you've got about 30 bad assed quitters who have gone through some $hit to quit and are willing to stand shoulder to shoulder with you. YOU have to make that move to ensure us that you are worthy of our time. You see there are plenty of new quitters that REALLY want to quit and are deserving of our (collective) time. You have my digits but I didn't get yours on the last PM exchange. You may not be ready to quit which is unfortunate for your family.

I have to move on brother. I wish you well. The door is closing fast for the support I really think you need. These guys are awesome quitters! They have helped me quit yet another day. Ball is now in your court.