Author Topic: Slave no more..  (Read 4629 times)

Offline Otter

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-08-13
  • Interests: All things Jesus and my family.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Slave no more..
« Reply #43 on: August 13, 2014, 11:42:00 AM »
Quote from: jimthins
**KNOCK KNOCK OTTER**

I hope you realize November is going to want an explanation too. So when you're done, please bring yourself to November HOF and make your feeble attempt at accountability known. Throw yourself to the wolves and see if you can survive.

Reading through your previous posts, it makes me sick to see all the people who supported you and gave you encouragement meant nothing to you. Not to mention the false hope all those fine gentlemen were possessed with thinking they made somebody's quit stronger. Fucking pathetic. We're here to help you, but when you shit on us it's very difficult to find any words of encouragement to express.

Pull up your panties and start talking
I agree with you here. I can't believe how stupid and insensitive I was. There were some really awesome men who tried their best and I crapped on that. Not going to let that happen again.

Offline Otter

• Quitter
« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2014, 11:39:00 AM »
By the way, I just finished reading this whole introduction of mine and really think that I am retarded. I had it that first time around and let it all go for poisonous dirt. Unbelievably stupid man, I am.

Offline jimthins

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2014-08-04
  • Interests: Fishing, Hunting, Shooting, and Golf.
« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2014, 11:38:00 AM »
Quote from: jimthins
**KNOCK KNOCK OTTER**

I hope you realize November is going to want an explanation too. So when you're done, please bring yourself to November HOF and make your feeble attempt at accountability known. Throw yourself to the wolves and see if you can survive.

Reading through your previous posts, it makes me sick to see all the people who supported you and gave you encouragement meant nothing to you. Not to mention the false hope all those fine gentlemen were possessed with thinking they made somebody's quit stronger. Fucking pathetic. We're here to help you, but when you shit on us it's very difficult to find any words of encouragement to express.

My apologies for getting that up after you posted. If you could, please explain to the November HOF as well. Most of them haven't made it here in your intro.

Offline jimthins

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing, Hunting, Shooting, and Golf.
« Reply #40 on: August 13, 2014, 11:34:00 AM »
**KNOCK KNOCK OTTER**

Offline Otter

• Quitter
« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2014, 11:33:00 AM »
My quit didnÂ’t last because I allowed my flesh to supersede my spiritual beliefs. I relied on my own will to make it happen instead of the One who can actually do the changing. Smoking or dipping for 22 years or so and then expecting to quit cold turkey takes a huge amount of guts and determination. I have seen where many on this site have been successful and many who were not. I am a serial caver and donÂ’t even know why I came back here, except that it is the only place that I have been where I was able to quit for any length of time. Some of you here will not understand my resolve lies in my faith in Jesus Christ. Someone just said that He didnÂ’t put the nic in my mouth and that is correct. I am taking full responsibility and accountability this time for my actions, but I am not relying on my own will to do this. Jesus said that He would be a comforter and a help in times of need and I am placing my trust in Him alone to overcome this addiction.

My lack of accountability to everyone on this site who has not caved or given in makes me an untrustworthy person and I understand what comes with that. My resolve to quit was not where it needed to be in the past and I am going to utilize all the tools on this site and my support network at home, including my wife and daughters, who were not a big part in the past. Despite my past failures, there is no doubt in my mind that this will be the last explanation that I will have to make on why I didnÂ’t hold up my part of the deal.

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2014, 11:13:00 AM »
I read this entire thread. Why is it that some of the dudes who can write some very meaningful posts very early on also have a tendenacy to cave? Have others seen that trend?
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline Flannywho

• Quitter
« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2014, 11:07:00 AM »
Quote from: Air
Quote from: MonsterEMT
Otter,

If you think you can waltz in on your FOURTH cave and not get some people pissed off, you seriously need to re-evaluate why you're even here. If you can't handle the accountability aspect, you won't remain quit. Well, you've probably already figured that out now, what, three times?
^^^^^^^^^^^^^

EXACTLY
Otter,
Get a fuckng clue! E  C and the rest of us are not here to make you warm and fuzzy. Go join another site if that is what you want. Everyone is like that because they ultimately want one thing from you, accountability. That is what E  C and a few other guys taught me just 10 short days ago. Post, stay quit, be a man of your word, and oh by the way, if you fuck up and cave, be prepared for what is to come. Well, that time is now my friend. Be honest and everyone will support you. But please, lose the fucking attitude you displayed here so far. That will get you nowhere with this crew.
Flannywho

Offline Air Force ADDICT

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
  • Interests: Wife & kids, mountian biking/cycling, running, surfing/body surfing... Pretty much anything outdoors.
« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2014, 10:57:00 AM »
Quote from: MonsterEMT
Otter,

If you think you can waltz in on your FOURTH cave and not get some people pissed off, you seriously need to re-evaluate why you're even here. If you can't handle the accountability aspect, you won't remain quit. Well, you've probably already figured that out now, what, three times?
^^^^^^^^^^^^^

EXACTLY

Offline MonsterMedic

• Master of Quit
  • Proud member of the June 2014 Quit Saloon
  • Quit Date: 03.02.14
  • Likes Given: 260
« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2014, 10:51:00 AM »
Otter,

"Frank Pierce: Saving someone's life is like falling in love. The best drug in the world." - Bringing Out The Dead

Quit Date: 03-02-2014
HOF: 06-09-2014
3K and counting

E&C's Dad

« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2014, 10:44:00 AM »
Quote from: Otter
Quote from: E&C's
Quote from: ERDVM
Quote from: CBird65,May
Quote from: srans,May
Quote from: Otter,May
Back again! It has taken me several hours to rehash my past experience here. 68 days.. I made it without nicotine for 68 days. It has been over a year since that last day without nicotine and I can say without a doubt that it was the worst mistake I could of made. Now, the whole mess of starting over will have to be relived. The fog, the rage, the lack of sleep and all the other BS that goes along with quitting. And for what, a poison that has no doubt shortened my life once again.

Don't become complacent, never give in again to the power that nicotine wants over you. It is not worth the misery that will soon follow me down this path once more. Can't believe it, but here I am again on Day 1 for the last time. No more failure, no more giving in.....
I read your year old posts. Lined up with my quit. 20 to 30 sucked. The 60s were a mother. Read your post on quit group. Glad to be quit with you.
Are you going to make quit a priortiy this time ...... It's 9:40 AM and you haven't post roll -

FIRST THING EVERY DAMNED DAY

You gotta want this more than air!!!
Apparently breast tenderness, water retention, prolonged menstruation...AND not posting roll first thing are symptoms of estrogen toxicity. 'horsecrap'
Otter,
I saw you posted a day 1 with my November boys. You sir are a thief and a serial caver. You steal time from your wife and three daughters. You have been here before you know you can't just sneak back in. You have some explaining to do. RIGHT NOW!
BTW this is your fourth cave! Fuck Off.
Thanks for the encouragement EC's Dad. You are right though and I have posted an apology in the April 2012 HOF board. Let me know what else I can do to help you out. Really doesn't matter what I said in the past, this time is different and the only way I can prove it to anyone is by time. Thanks again for your awesome motivational speech, it did wonders for me. You should really look into traveling the country like Tony Robbins. Awesome.
Okay Otter,

Start by answering these three questions.

1.- What Happened
2- Why Did it Happen
3- What is going to be different (this fourth time around)

Don't take it lightly, don't answer them carelessly put thought and effort in. I read your post in april 12 and its not what we are looking for. Jesus will not do this for you, he did not put the nic in your mouth to start with did he. You need to learn about your addiction and understand why you have failed multiple times in the past. You said that quitting nicotine is not easy....Brilliant! If that's all you've got you are already doomed.

I am listening.

Offline Otter

• Quitter
« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2014, 10:37:00 AM »
Back again! It has taken me several hours to rehash my past experience here. 68 days.. I made it without nicotine for 68 days. It has been over a year since that last day without nicotine and I can say without a doubt that it was the worst mistake I could of made. Now, the whole mess of starting over will have to be relived. The fog, the rage, the lack of sleep and all the other BS that goes along with quitting. And for what, a poison that has no doubt shortened my life once again.

Don't become complacent, never give in again to the power that nicotine wants over you. It is not worth the misery that will soon follow me down this path once more. Can't believe it, but here I am again on Day 1 for the last time. No more failure, no more giving in.....
I read your year old posts. Lined up with my quit. 20 to 30 sucked. The 60s were a mother. Read your post on quit group. Glad to be quit with you.
Are you going to make quit a priortiy this time ...... It's 9:40 AM and you haven't post roll -

Apparently breast tenderness, water retention, prolonged menstruation...AND not posting roll first thing are symptoms of estrogen toxicity. 'horsecrap'
Otter,
I saw you posted a day 1 with my November boys. You sir are a thief and a serial caver. You steal time from your wife and three daughters. You have been here before you know you can't just sneak back in. You have some explaining to do. RIGHT NOW!
Thanks for the encouragement EC's Dad. You are right though and I have posted an apology in the April 2012 HOF board. Let me know what else I can do to help you out. Really doesn't matter what I said in the past, this time is different and the only way I can prove it to anyone is by time. Thanks again for your awesome motivational speech, it did wonders for me. You should really look into traveling the country like Tony Robbins. Awesome.

E&C's Dad

« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2014, 10:05:00 AM »

Otter,

E&C's Dad

« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2014, 10:04:00 AM »

Otter,

Offline ERDVM

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Cold Beer, Warm Whiskey, Good Friends, Loose Women.
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2013, 11:51:00 AM »
Quote from: CBird65
Quote from: srans

Offline cbird65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Own it or be OWNED by it
  • Quit Date: 12-31-2011
  • Interests: trying to follow in His footsteps, loving my bride and renewing my quit daily
  • Likes Given: 710
« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2013, 10:39:00 AM »
Quote from: srans

Believe Me

FLOOR 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ,11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19,, 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29,,, 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
 ,,,,41 42 43 44 45 46

Assurance