Author Topic: Quitting  (Read 14385 times)

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Quitting
« Reply #195 on: October 02, 2014, 02:53:00 PM »
Quote from: Tuco's
Quote from: FMBM707
Day 88: Haven't written in my introduction in awhile. I've been in a super funk. I haven't been very supportive to others and I just haven't felt right. It's a vicious cycle.

Bummed to read about AirForceAddict cave (July '14). Before a week ago the guy appeared to be a solid, active quitter. I am glad he manned up and posted about it, instead of just disappearing like Smeagle to be with his 'precious'. AFA addressing it helped snap me out of my funk this morning. It reinforced how quickly the nic bitch can weasel her way back into your life. In most cases I don't believe we are 1 bad decision away, it takes a multitude of bad decisions to get back to being a slave. It also reinforced how truly addicted we are. The thought of it disgusts me but in the same sense I can empathize- in the last couple of weeks of my quit I've never been more close to caving.

I've been going through the motions: posting role, occassionally posting support, a few times commenting on intros etc but my head and my heart haven't been in it. Out of all the 88 days I've quit tobacco that last couple of weeks I've felt more like I was just 'stopping'- it's been truly disappointing. I haven't gone as far as AFA and bought a can but the thought has been there. I'm sure a lot of us have thought about it a time or two during our quit. The difference the last couple of weeks is that I didn't immediately squash the thought. Instead I contemplated it- thoroughly at times. Planned out how'd I do it.

I believe it's because of my October brothers and because of the many supportive and contributing members on KTC that I found a reason to stay quit each time. I also realize how not squashing that thought immediately is dangerous. It's a bad decision to not immediately and forcibly remove that thought from your head. It's like feeding the bad wolf. For every one thought about death dip think of 2 reasons not to chew. Some days that could consume hours of my time.

I have to work to change the way I've been thinking the last couple of weeks. Being quit is a positive and when shit goes wrong it may be the only fucking positive you have going on so fucking hold onto that. Example: My wife left me, I lost my job, my dog died, etc etc.- that all sucks BUT AT LEAST I'M QUIT. No matter what happens being quit is always a positive. If you stay quit there will always be something positive in your life.

Quitters find reasons to stay quit, cavers find excuses to cave.

Quit on.
I was stunned to hear about AFA's cave. I know you've been in a doghouse funk for a while now, and if this news is what it takes to snap you out of it, so be it. Whatever it takes to protect that quit.

Cold dose of reality on a Thursday morning...
I am certain you have heard this before but it is going to suck until it doesn't. It took me almost a year to fully understand that but I can tell you right now everything is better. The funks are great and continue using your intro section because when you get later in your quit you may need these little notes to remember the good days and the bad days. I often reread my early musings and now they make me smile.

Like you my friend I am quit, nothing else matters. Continue reminding yourself how much money you are saving

P
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline Tuco

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 7/27/2014
  • Likes Given: 48
« Reply #194 on: October 02, 2014, 02:32:00 PM »
Day 88: Haven't written in my introduction in awhile. I've been in a super funk. I haven't been very supportive to others and I just haven't felt right. It's a vicious cycle.

Bummed to read about AirForceAddict cave (July '14). Before a week ago the guy appeared to be a solid, active quitter. I am glad he manned up and posted about it, instead of just disappearing like Smeagle to be with his 'precious'. AFA addressing it helped snap me out of my funk this morning. It reinforced how quickly the nic bitch can weasel her way back into your life. In most cases I don't believe we are 1 bad decision away, it takes a multitude of bad decisions to get back to being a slave. It also reinforced how truly addicted we are. The thought of it disgusts me but in the same sense I can empathize- in the last couple of weeks of my quit I've never been more close to caving.

I've been going through the motions: posting role, occassionally posting support, a few times commenting on intros etc but my head and my heart haven't been in it. Out of all the 88 days I've quit tobacco that last couple of weeks I've felt more like I was just 'stopping'- it's been truly disappointing. I haven't gone as far as AFA and bought a can but the thought has been there. I'm sure a lot of us have thought about it a time or two during our quit. The difference the last couple of weeks is that I didn't immediately squash the thought. Instead I contemplated it- thoroughly at times. Planned out how'd I do it.

I believe it's because of my October brothers and because of the many supportive and contributing members on KTC that I found a reason to stay quit each time. I also realize how not squashing that thought immediately is dangerous. It's a bad decision to not immediately and forcibly remove that thought from your head. It's like feeding the bad wolf. For every one thought about death dip think of 2 reasons not to chew. Some days that could consume hours of my time.

I have to work to change the way I've been thinking the last couple of weeks. Being quit is a positive and when shit goes wrong it may be the only fucking positive you have going on so fucking hold onto that. Example: My wife left me, I lost my job, my dog died, etc etc.- that all sucks BUT AT LEAST I'M QUIT. No matter what happens being quit is always a positive. If you stay quit there will always be something positive in your life.

Quit on.
I was stunned to hear about AFA's cave. I know you've been in a doghouse funk for a while now, and if this news is what it takes to snap you out of it, so be it. Whatever it takes to protect that quit.

Cold dose of reality on a Thursday morning...

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #193 on: October 02, 2014, 01:37:00 PM »
FMBM, the funk you are in is normal, I am glad you are realizing it for what it is. AFA's cave today was a punch in the gut for all of us, so let's get back up and stay quit. You are a leader in your group, stay that way.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline Idaho Spuds

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: August 18, 2014
  • Interests: Family, Soccer, fishing, hunting, camping
  • Likes Given: 71
« Reply #192 on: October 02, 2014, 01:29:00 PM »
FMB,
Great post and updates to your intro.
I hope some new quitters find their way in here and read you story, good reasons to stay quit.
Charles

Offline FMBM707

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-05-06
« Reply #191 on: October 02, 2014, 01:21:00 PM »

Quit on.

Offline FMBM707

• Quitter
« Reply #190 on: September 24, 2014, 10:05:00 PM »
Quote from: Tuco's
Quote from: cpavelek
Yeah Im in the same boat. No spots in mouth, but being selfish and continuing on each day without regard for family and friends is my problem as well. Just stop and be serious about it, also reading your story makes me think I really really need to gut this shit out and quit for good as well. I wont post roll today because I did chew early this morning and then threw the new tin out the window. These guys are right posting roll is the only way. Working with this site and group of people will get you though. I m coming back for the second time, but the failure is not with this site, its with me. Ive chewed for 22 years and its a tough habit to beat, but you will do it!!!
I suppose your heart is in the right place, but you haven't even posted roll yourself or attempted to answer the 3 questions.

All you've really done since coming back is step in dogshit and then track it all over FMBM's house.
LOL. If it helps him quit by tracking in dog shit. That works for me. CPAvelek you get your shit straight and quit and post roll send me a PM and we can march down the path together but you've got to want it and you've got to own it every day. 100% quit, 100% roll post and 100% balls deep in the quit.

Let me know when you are ready- I'll still be here posting my promise every fucking day one fucking day at a time.

Quit on fuckers.

Offline Tuco

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 7/27/2014
  • Likes Given: 48
« Reply #189 on: September 24, 2014, 07:43:00 PM »
Yeah Im in the same boat. No spots in mouth, but being selfish and continuing on each day without regard for family and friends is my problem as well. Just stop and be serious about it, also reading your story makes me think I really really need to gut this shit out and quit for good as well. I wont post roll today because I did chew early this morning and then threw the new tin out the window. These guys are right posting roll is the only way. Working with this site and group of people will get you though. I m coming back for the second time, but the failure is not with this site, its with me. Ive chewed for 22 years and its a tough habit to beat, but you will do it!!!
I suppose your heart is in the right place, but you haven't even posted roll yourself or attempted to answer the 3 questions.

All you've really done since coming back is step in dogshit and then track it all over FMBM's house.

Offline enav

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-07-18
  • Interests: Quitting, hunting, and keeping Enav on the straight and narrow.
« Reply #188 on: September 24, 2014, 10:53:00 AM »
Yo' if you threw it out, answer the three questions and post roll. That is as long as you aren't going to buy more cat turds to stuff in your pie hole.

Make it easy, answer the three questions on your thread, find you old quit group and post in their group the answers to your questions and post friggen roll like a boss. If you are done with chew, your are as done right now as you will be tomorrow at this time. Les go!
"Never forget the pain and struggle to experience freedom from nicotine!"
Quit Date: 7-18-2014 / dumped stash
HOF: 10-28-2014
HOF Speech

Offline cpavelek

• BANNED
« Reply #187 on: September 24, 2014, 10:25:00 AM »

Offline Mupig

• Master of Quit
    • MUPig HoF Speech
  • Quit Date: April 14, 2014
  • Likes Given: 65
« Reply #186 on: September 24, 2014, 02:12:00 AM »
79 Days. 3 weeks away from the HOF and it's never felt further.

Mother fucker the 70s funk is for real- at least it has been for me. It has sucked a big fat horse cock. The last 7 days I've thought more about having a death dip then I have total in the first 70 days. I've actually thought about how I could get away with it. I'M NOT GOING TO CAVE. I'm done with that shit. I've made my promise and I do it early and every damn day but fuck it's been brutal. Some guys say it's the adrenaline wearing off (I thought that happened awhile ago), some think the novelty of quitting is wearing off (this isn't a stop- it's a quit), some think it doesn't really exist ( 'Finger' - it does for this mother fucker), some guys are sick of hearing about it (I don't blame you- it's wearing me the fuck out). Whatever the fuck it is I can tell anyone starting out with their quit better start building a solid quit foundation and collecting some digits because this shit has really effected me the last 7 days or so and without 'training' for this for the last 70+ days I might have failed.

I know it's all mental and I've been battling it everyday. I've been keeping the simple principles of KTC in mind and applying them. Quit ODDAT. Make that promise early  EDD and be a man of your word for 24 hours.

Maybe it's because I feel other aspects of my life have gotten away from me because I've been so focused on quitting. I'm behind in both work and home stuff. I started working on changing that today and will work on that again tomorrow.

Stay QUIT. Fuck the evil bitch that is nic. Feed the good wolf. Burn the boats. QLF EDD
Hang tough FMBM.....your quit is as strong as it gets. You have tons of support and you are also paying it forward. They are looking to you as a role model - because you are. This 70's funk soon gets replaced with the excitement of seeing your buddies in October roll into the HOF. And then it will be you. Then you are on to your next journey - which will be day 101.

The more your lay out in support, the easier it gets.
Proud member of July 2014 DD’s

Offline FMBM707

• Quitter
« Reply #185 on: September 24, 2014, 12:12:00 AM »
79 Days. 3 weeks away from the HOF and it's never felt further.

Mother fucker the 70s funk is for real- at least it has been for me. It has sucked a big fat horse cock. The last 7 days I've thought more about having a death dip then I have total in the first 70 days. I've actually thought about how I could get away with it. I'M NOT GOING TO CAVE. I'm done with that shit. I've made my promise and I do it early and every damn day but fuck it's been brutal. Some guys say it's the adrenaline wearing off (I thought that happened awhile ago), some think the novelty of quitting is wearing off (this isn't a stop- it's a quit), some think it doesn't really exist ( 'Finger' - it does for this mother fucker), some guys are sick of hearing about it (I don't blame you- it's wearing me the fuck out). Whatever the fuck it is I can tell anyone starting out with their quit better start building a solid quit foundation and collecting some digits because this shit has really effected me the last 7 days or so and without 'training' for this for the last 70+ days I might have failed.

I know it's all mental and I've been battling it everyday. I've been keeping the simple principles of KTC in mind and applying them. Quit ODDAT. Make that promise early  EDD and be a man of your word for 24 hours.

Maybe it's because I feel other aspects of my life have gotten away from me because I've been so focused on quitting. I'm behind in both work and home stuff. I started working on changing that today and will work on that again tomorrow.

Stay QUIT. Fuck the evil bitch that is nic. Feed the good wolf. Burn the boats. QLF EDD

Offline THansen2413

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2017-03-03
  • Interests: Vikings, Gophers, Wild. Enjoy running in the warm months.
« Reply #184 on: September 20, 2014, 06:58:00 PM »
Day 76. Quitting. As I've mentioned I've been in a bit of a mid 70s funk but it doesn't mean I'm remotely thinking of caving. I've made my promise and I'll make it again tomorrow.

There has been a lot of drama on the site lately. Mostly between a few individuals in May HOF '14 and October PreHof '14.

We all should all try to QUIT more then just nicotine. I know I need to work on these

Quit assuming- you lose credibility
Quit generalizing- it shows your stupidity
Quit being so sensitive- don't let the small shit bother you
Quit being closed minded- it's difficult to understand when you are only using one of the holes in your head
Quit making excuses for your behavior- you choose how you act
Quit talking- silence can be powerful and actions speak louder; can't learning anything when you're running your mouth
Quit being an asshole to be an asshole or taking pride in being a 'dick'. That's like being proud of chewing- it unbecoming
Quit standing on the sidelines- if it's important jump in
Quit focusing on the wrong things.
Quit giving into the attention whores- it's only fueling their fire
Quit stirring the pot to stir the pot. If it's not constructive then close your pie hole
Quit using cliches
Quit being a hypocrite- practice what you preach (already fucked up the the cliche part)

ABOVE ALL ELSE STAY QUIT TODAY, wake up tomorrow and quit again.

I quit with all of you, even the fucktards and asswipes. I might not piss on you if you're on fire but I'll quit with you while you're on fire.

Quit on.
A lot of great points here, FMBM. I've been a huge fan of you since Day 1. I've dropped the ball of sorts in keeping in regular contact with you. For that, I apologize. I loved the "2 wolves" post. I love what you stand for. To use a "cliche"... you get it. End of story... you get what it takes to stay quit. Stay diligent... stay focused.... pace yourself... and you will continue to succeed. Ride the wave when things get hard. It doesn't last forever. I have to update my signature because it seems like I'm using this quote, daily. "Tough times don't last... tough people do."

I believe you, are a tough person. Quit on buddy.
Quitters I've met in person : Keddy, boelker62, Big Brother Jack, baitbanjo, SirDerek, Chewie, Scowick65, theo3wood, mcarmo44, MonsterEMT, Bronc, dforbes, rocketman, Lance from SD, kdip, wastepanel, quitspit, basshaug, greenspidy, 30yrAddict, btdogboy, cmark, chrisTKE1982, Jeffro Dolfie, Clampy, carlh2o, JGlav, ReWire, Chewrouski_Philly, Sranger999, walterwhite, DWEIRICK, spit cup, FranPro, ericfluck

Offline FMBM707

• Quitter
« Reply #183 on: September 20, 2014, 01:33:00 PM »
Good stuff from Smeds intro about another dude's intro.

Good read if you have the time:

topic/1008313/1/

Offline FMBM707

• Quitter
« Reply #182 on: September 20, 2014, 11:31:00 AM »
Day 76. Quitting. As I've mentioned I've been in a bit of a mid 70s funk but it doesn't mean I'm remotely thinking of caving. I've made my promise and I'll make it again tomorrow.

There has been a lot of drama on the site lately. Mostly between a few individuals in May HOF '14 and October PreHof '14.

We all should all try to QUIT more then just nicotine. I know I need to work on these

Quit assuming- you lose credibility
Quit generalizing- it shows your stupidity
Quit being so sensitive- don't let the small shit bother you
Quit being closed minded- it's difficult to understand when you are only using one of the holes in your head
Quit making excuses for your behavior- you choose how you act
Quit talking- silence can be powerful and actions speak louder; can't learning anything when you're running your mouth
Quit being an asshole to be an asshole or taking pride in being a 'dick'. That's like being proud of chewing- it unbecoming
Quit standing on the sidelines- if it's important jump in
Quit focusing on the wrong things.
Quit giving into the attention whores- it's only fueling their fire
Quit stirring the pot to stir the pot. If it's not constructive then close your pie hole
Quit using cliches
Quit being a hypocrite- practice what you preach (already fucked up the the cliche part)

ABOVE ALL ELSE STAY QUIT TODAY, wake up tomorrow and quit again.

I quit with all of you, even the fucktards and asswipes. I might not piss on you if you're on fire but I'll quit with you while you're on fire.

Quit on.

Offline Steakbomb18

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 12/13/2013
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #181 on: September 20, 2014, 08:23:00 AM »
FMBM, I've seen you all over this site. Dropping knowledge, offering support, and diving head first into your quit every day. For some reason, I had never opened up your intro until this morning and after having read it cover to cover, felt compelled to tell you this is one of the best quit journals on the site. From the very first day of your quit when you wouldn't accept Day 1 for a reason given to you by KTC, but would only accept Day 1 by your standards was badass in and of itself.

Just wanted to let you know, your quit is inspiring and F-ing badass all around. There isn't a single person on this site who can't take away at least something from your documentary. Keep it up and I second Cbird's earlier endorsement to newbies, this is a guy who you want to follow. A model quitter.
Certified Grade A Badass