Author Topic: Quitting  (Read 10948 times)

Offline FMBM707

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-05-06
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Quitting
« Reply #105 on: August 05, 2014, 08:37:00 AM »
Day 30 Fuck yes!
Day 28 was great because it marked 4 weeks. Day 30 sounds like a month to me- which is awesome but every day quit is awesome.

Keeping track of the number of days is beneficial in the sense that it motivates a person to keep adding to those days, it helps people see where someone is in their quit and gives them the opportunity to tailor their support/message to fit what that person maybe going through at that time in their quit and it gives some validity to a person. The one constant is we are all addicts and we are all 1 dumb decision away from being a beat down, weak-minded nic bitch slave.

There was a lot of talk about being comfortable on the site yesterday with Jeep not posting, other guys deciding they didn't feel the need to post anymore because the site made them think of the nic bitch and some Sheriff dude caving after 200+ days. And there was a lot of opinions on Christke1982 having to answer the 3 questions.

Every society has laws. KTC is a society of QUITTERS. What is the basic principles of having laws? It's to protect people from harm. Harm by others (serial cavers) and/or self-harm. The rule here at KTC is that if you cave and come back you must answer the 3 questions openly, honestly and with humility. This is done to protect all the QUITTERS and to help that individual from harming themselves again.

It's you against that evil bitch everyday. And it's hard to fight something alone everyday without someone there to recognize your victories or help you when you struggle. And it's easier to build something (like a solid quit) if you have the instructions (the process).

If you've been involved in this site at all, you would have seen in the last 30 days numerous people crawling back in here after a cave posting day 1s. What did they all have in common? They didn't follow the process, they didn't buy into the rules of posting, they thought they were smarter than the system. They didn't need this, yet they come back to it.

Everyone that comes on KTC is looking to quit or has quit because any reasonable person understands that putting that poison in their body is bad for them. But 'wanting' to quit or 'wanting' to stay quit isn't enough. Fuck we all are here because of that. We all understand putting the shit in our lip is bad for us but are we all willing to do what it takes to stay QUIT? Are you willing to swallow a bit of your pride and admit you need help?

Give your word everyday that you are going to stay QUIT and then doing it again. It's not always easy but ODAAT makes it manageable. Although being nic free forever is the ultimate goal, forever seems daunting. Make it through today, make it through today, make it through today- if you can manage to make it through today the weeks, the months, the.... will start to add up. The only thing I can't go without for a day is air.

I did have my first wicked nic nightmare last night. I think all the talk about being comfortable yesterday was why I had it- like a further wake up call that you can't become complacent. Sure it might get easier as the days go by but it's one bad choice that'll have you stuffing your face with that poison again. I dreamt that I was hanging out and drinking some beers and decided it was OK to have a cigarette. "I'm dip free, what's one cigarette? It's not the same as dip so it's no big deal" And there I was hanging out outside my garage taking a monster drag on a cancer stick because I rationalized that it was OK because it wasn't dip. I've been so focused on being death dip free that in my dreams I rationalized that a cigarette was OK. That's why that nic bitch is so sneaky- she knows it only takes one "slip up". I was disgusted with myself. It felt so real that I didn't want to wake up because it meant I broke my promise to myself, my wife, my kids and to all at KTC. It was truly an awful feeling. It was also a lesson learned because I use to smoke when I drink and this made me realize that I also have to really think more about being nic free and not just death dip free. I also need to start a planning for those times I'm hanging out with my buddies who smoke.

Yesterday was brutal catching up at work from being away on vacation which prompted my strongest craves in the past two weeks. I'm still not caught up and I know today is going to get very busy. And realizing that I'm going to tackle today nic free just like I did yesterday sounds a lot better than the alternative.

Waking up nic free is always a great feeling. So I QUIT again today because all it takes is one damn day at a time, every damn day. Doing it this way I don't have to worry about the number of days because I know doing it ODAAT the number of days QUIT will take care of themselves.

The goal today is being nic free today.

Offline FMBM707

• Quitter
« Reply #104 on: August 04, 2014, 04:31:00 PM »
Quote from: Snot
Quote from: FMBM707
Quote from: Tuco's
There is no endgame. Every day is like day 1. Never, ever let your guard down.

Keep on rolling.
That's right you have to QLF EDD.

Some days are easier than others. There have been days when I've gone hours without even thinking about it and there have been times where I've thought about death dip and quitting for hours. The one constant is the more time I spend on KTC and on the Kakoa app the stronger my QUIT feels, and the times where I have bad craves this site helps and so do all the folks on the Kakoa app.

Reading other people's stories, hearing about their own struggles and victories all help to strengthen the QUIT. Helping others adds to the accountability aspect of the QUIT.

Above all I know I'm making the right decision every day I wake up and choose not to use nicotine for the day. Making the right decision equals less stress.

It feels good to be QUIT because being QUIT is the right thing to be.
Couldn't agree more. Proud to be quit with you, brother!
Proud to be QUIT with you Snot! Keep up the good fight EDD.

Offline FMBM707

• Quitter
« Reply #103 on: August 04, 2014, 04:30:00 PM »
Quote from: tsj12b

Keep on rolling.

Some days are easier than others. There have been days when I've gone hours without even thinking about it and there have been times where I've thought about death dip and quitting for hours. The one constant is the more time I spend on KTC and on the Kakoa app the stronger my QUIT feels, and the times where I have bad craves this site helps and so do all the folks on the Kakoa app.

Reading other people's stories, hearing about their own struggles and victories all help to strengthen the QUIT. Helping others adds to the accountability aspect of the QUIT.

Above all I know I'm making the right decision every day I wake up and choose not to use nicotine for the day. Making the right decision equals less stress.

I'm proud to be QUIT with you! I really enjoy reading and watching as your QUIT evolves and strengthens.

ODAAT

Tom
Proud as fuck to be QUIT with all the serious badass QUITTERS! Love hearing and reading the insight from all of you. A QUIT is worth fighting for and earning ODAAT EDD.

Offline tsj12b

• Quitter
« Reply #102 on: August 04, 2014, 04:10:00 PM »

Keep on rolling.

I'm proud to be QUIT with you! I really enjoy reading and watching as your QUIT evolves and strengthens.

ODAAT

Tom

Offline Snot

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-30
« Reply #101 on: August 04, 2014, 01:51:00 PM »

Keep on rolling.

Couldn't agree more. Proud to be quit with you, brother!

Offline FMBM707

• Quitter
« Reply #100 on: August 04, 2014, 01:10:00 PM »

Keep on rolling.

Offline Tuco

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 7/27/2014
  • Likes Given: 48
« Reply #99 on: August 04, 2014, 12:28:00 PM »

Keep on rolling.

Offline SirDerek

• Quit Pro
« Reply #98 on: August 04, 2014, 12:23:00 PM »
Quote from: sixercountry
Day 17: Reminder to self how fucked up this addiction shit really is.

"Fuck it. I'm just going to grab a monster dip on the way home"

This was a subconscious response to a frustrating personal situation today. I was actually mapping out in my mind where I was going to buy a can of cancer. I was having a day dream about a death dip. I quickly snapped out of it, told the nic bitch to eat a big fat donkey dick and I got on in dealing with the situation like a normal person instead of using the situation as an excuse to feed my addiction.

It was pretty disappointing that I had that thought. I'm sure it won't be the last time.

Problem + nicotine = 2 problems. THAT IS JUST SO TRUE.
great post bro.....great job winning the fight too. proud of you man.
great realization.

we all get those thoughts, and it is great that you realized it and shook it off. remember that as it is another tool for you.

well done

Offline Smeds

• Master of Quit
  • The bluebird can sing, but the crow's got the soul
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #97 on: August 04, 2014, 12:20:00 PM »
DAY 29: Just over 4 weeks into the QUIT.

Got back from an 8 day vacation with the family to Hilton Head Island, SC. It was a great vacation, drove 1066 miles there and back without a death dip. Felt like I conquered a monster with that. It's been years and years since I've driven any sort of distance without a cat turd.

When I first started my QUIT on July 7th I knew we were heading to HHI, SC in late July and I was really worried about driving without a death dip but as I learned from KTC you just have to take it one day at a time and that I should focus on today and not something that is going to happen down the road. So I concentrated on each day and as my QUIT got stronger I started looking ahead because I knew I needed to prepare for situations as they arose and for situation that I knew were in front of me. I made sure I had 5 cans of fake ready for the trip, a few bags of seeds, a couple of packs of gum, and even a can of shredded beef jerky (which is surprisingly really good).

The other thing is as the days approached our trip I became more resilient and confident that no matter the situation I can beat that nic bitch, mainly because I don't put that shit in my mouth anymore. It's not a solution and therefore not an option. In the 3 weeks leading up to the long drive I had conquered many triggers and successfully completed many tasks without nicotine, tasks that normally I would have locked in some cancer. I didn't ignore triggers, I faced them. You can't hide from them, you can pick when you want to conquer some of them, but you are going to have to eventually face them.

It felt really fucking good to get over the 'long drive' without a death dip hurdle. It started the vacation off right and it ended the vacation right. It was also really cool that the wife recognized this small but important feat and wrote me a card to tell me how proud she is of my quit- she even knew it was my 4 week mark.

On vacation I only had one strong crave and it was for a cigarette. I use to enjoy a cigarette every once in awhile but I realize now that due to my addiction it just isn't something I can ever do again and really I don't even want to- it's pretty fucking gross. I kindly removed myself from the situation and returned when my buddy was finished smoking. Later in the week he was smoking again but knew I had quit nicotine and he stepped away from me when he lit up. It was great waking up without that nasty taste and smoker's breath.

After a strong QUIT of a vacation I got back to work today to a major crave. It hit like a freight train. Work has always been when I locked in cat turds- all fucking day- and I have to work. This is just something that needs to be dealt with EDD and I have to realize that every day I beat it, the next time it should be easier- the problem is I haven't had this strong of a crave for a few weeks. I dealt with it though because I don't do that shit anymore. Since it's not a solution it's not an option.

29 days without the nic. Everyday feels great to be QUIT.
Proud of you ... keep it up, you've got her (Nic Bitch) in the corner against the ropes. Keep working the body brother ... the time for the haymaker will come.
My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #96 on: August 04, 2014, 11:15:00 AM »
Quote from: CDub27

Got back from an 8 day vacation with the family to Hilton Head Island, SC. It was a great vacation, drove 1066 miles there and back without a death dip. Felt like I conquered a monster with that. It's been years and years since I've driven any sort of distance without a cat turd.

When I first started my QUIT on July 7th I knew we were heading to HHI, SC in late July and I was really worried about driving without a death dip but as I learned from KTC you just have to take it one day at a time and that I should focus on today and not something that is going to happen down the road. So I concentrated on each day and as my QUIT got stronger I started looking ahead because I knew I needed to prepare for situations as they arose and for situation that I knew were in front of me. I made sure I had 5 cans of fake ready for the trip, a few bags of seeds, a couple of packs of gum, and even a can of shredded beef jerky (which is surprisingly really good).

The other thing is as the days approached our trip I became more resilient and confident that no matter the situation I can beat that nic bitch, mainly because I don't put that shit in my mouth anymore. It's not a solution and therefore not an option. In the 3 weeks leading up to the long drive I had conquered many triggers and successfully completed many tasks without nicotine, tasks that normally I would have locked in some cancer. I didn't ignore triggers, I faced them. You can't hide from them, you can pick when you want to conquer some of them, but you are going to have to eventually face them.

It felt really fucking good to get over the 'long drive' without a death dip hurdle. It started the vacation off right and it ended the vacation right. It was also really cool that the wife recognized this small but important feat and wrote me a card to tell me how proud she is of my quit- she even knew it was my 4 week mark.

On vacation I only had one strong crave and it was for a cigarette. I use to enjoy a cigarette every once in awhile but I realize now that due to my addiction it just isn't something I can ever do again and really I don't even want to- it's pretty fucking gross. I kindly removed myself from the situation and returned when my buddy was finished smoking. Later in the week he was smoking again but knew I had quit nicotine and he stepped away from me when he lit up. It was great waking up without that nasty taste and smoker's breath.

After a strong QUIT of a vacation I got back to work today to a major crave. It hit like a freight train. Work has always been when I locked in cat turds- all fucking day- and I have to work. This is just something that needs to be dealt with EDD and I have to realize that every day I beat it, the next time it should be easier- the problem is I haven't had this strong of a crave for a few weeks. I dealt with it though because I don't do that shit anymore. Since it's not a solution it's not an option.

Right on Bro!! That's strong. Proud to be quitting with you!!
Keep fighting the good fight brother!
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline CDub27

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #95 on: August 04, 2014, 11:12:00 AM »

Right on Bro!! That's strong. Proud to be quitting with you!!

Offline FMBM707

• Quitter
« Reply #94 on: August 04, 2014, 11:05:00 AM »

Offline FMBM707

• Quitter
« Reply #93 on: July 23, 2014, 10:25:00 PM »
Quote from: srans

This was a subconscious response to a frustrating personal situation today. I was actually mapping out in my mind where I was going to buy a can of cancer. I was having a day dream about a death dip. I quickly snapped out of it, told the nic bitch to eat a big fat donkey dick and I got on in dealing with the situation like a normal person instead of using the situation as an excuse to feed my addiction.

It was pretty disappointing that I had that thought. I'm sure it won't be the last time.

This is when the the real quitters are separated from the panzy cavers. Moments like you had today demonstrate your determination and drive. Remember a crave like today will go away after a while. I can tell you've been reading and keeping your arsenal ready. Good job! Good things are coming bro. Believe it! You won today, no reason you won't tomorrow. Proud of you fmb.

It will get easier before you know it brian.
Appreciate all the support fellas. Quit Like Fuck and Beat that Bitch Every Damn Day! Great to be QUIT with all of you!

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #92 on: July 23, 2014, 08:36:00 PM »

This is when the the real quitters are separated from the panzy cavers. Moments like you had today demonstrate your determination and drive. Remember a crave like today will go away after a while. I can tell you've been reading and keeping your arsenal ready. Good job! Good things are coming bro. Believe it! You won today, no reason you won't tomorrow. Proud of you fmb.

It will get easier before you know it brian.
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline enav

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-07-18
  • Interests: Quitting, hunting, and keeping Enav on the straight and narrow.
« Reply #91 on: July 23, 2014, 07:01:00 PM »
You make me wanna beat that bitch down bad too!!!

Good work!
"Never forget the pain and struggle to experience freedom from nicotine!"
Quit Date: 7-18-2014 / dumped stash
HOF: 10-28-2014
HOF Speech