Author Topic: Quitting  (Read 10599 times)

Offline mattyf118

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2013-09-06
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Quitting
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2014, 09:52:00 AM »
There is an awful fine quit going on in here. If you ever need any help don't hesitate to ask for it.
Quit Date: 09/06/13
HOF Date: 12/14/13

Caving is not an option

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2014, 09:45:00 AM »
Quote from: FMBM707
Quote from: SAM83
Quote from: 30yrAddict
Quote from: basshaug
Quote from: THansen2413
Day 2 and work is winding down. Usually that's when I take a fresh pinch of poison and put it on top of the already massive turd I have in my mouth. Today was tough at times. Pretty awful headache for awhile. Stomach has been upset. The fog at times almost seems fake- like am I really awake right now. I can't concentrate for any considerable amount of time. I've gone through some sweating. I've been pounding water and pissing all damn day.

Day 2 thoughts:
The alternative is worse.
At times I relish the pain- I hear guys say it sucks- I say bring it on- makes me focus on the pain instead of thinking about having a dip. It let's me know that my body is healing and it's telling me never to be a dumbass and put that shit in my body again.
After answering a problem at work I actually reached into my drawer where I use to keep my can and was feeling around for it before I even realized what the fuck I was doing.
Quitting is worth it. I've been so ashamed of myself for chewing all these years that lately I had a difficult time looking my wife and kids in the eyes. When my wife asked me how my day was going (she knows I quit and she's damn proud and happy about it) even though the withdrawal shit is for real, I looked her right in the eye and said "It's going great because I haven't had a dip". And I meant it.

If being a quitter the rest of my life means that I never put nicotine in my body again than fuck it I'm a QUITTER.
I'm finishing this day as a quitter then I'm waking up and I'm gonna be a quitter all the next day. Then I'm going to do it again.

Great victory today! You honored your promise and remained quit! Quit for you first, and when things get hard then look at why your quitting... money, health, wife, kids, etc. One foot in front of the other. We will do this again tomorrow, and I'll be walking into battle with you....
I'll come too. 'Remshot'
Keep bringing it Basshaug! Keep bringing QUIT everyday.
I got some serious quit wood. Awesome post FM!
Good meeting you in chat today! You will never regret quitting. Hang tough and continue to use the tools here. Good to have you aboard!
Great to meet you as well Sam! It feels good to be part of something positive! It feels great to QUIT!
Great story, I used to experience the same addict behavior. What I did was put a token of sorts in those habit reaches (desk drawer - is a super bounce ball with my daughter's picture inside, pocket is an old silver dollar coin that my father carried in his pocket for over 30 years, truck, a bag of sunflower seeds)

Keep doing what you are doing, every day is a victory in the battlefield in the war against tobacco.
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline FMBM707

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2016-05-06
« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2014, 10:08:00 PM »
Quote from: SAM83
Day 2 and work is winding down. Usually that's when I take a fresh pinch of poison and put it on top of the already massive turd I have in my mouth. Today was tough at times. Pretty awful headache for awhile. Stomach has been upset. The fog at times almost seems fake- like am I really awake right now. I can't concentrate for any considerable amount of time. I've gone through some sweating. I've been pounding water and pissing all damn day.

Day 2 thoughts:
At times I relish the pain- I hear guys say it sucks- I say bring it on- makes me focus on the pain instead of thinking about having a dip. It let's me know that my body is healing and it's telling me never to be a dumbass and put that shit in my body again.
After answering a problem at work I actually reached into my drawer where I use to keep my can and was feeling around for it before I even realized what the fuck I was doing.
Quitting is worth it. I've been so ashamed of myself for chewing all these years that lately I had a difficult time looking my wife and kids in the eyes. When my wife asked me how my day was going (she knows I quit and she's damn proud and happy about it) even though the withdrawal shit is for real, I looked her right in the eye and said "It's going great because I haven't had a dip". And I meant it.

If being a quitter the rest of my life means that I never put nicotine in my body again than fuck it I'm a QUITTER.
I'm finishing this day as a quitter then I'm waking up and I'm gonna be a quitter all the next day. Then I'm going to do it again.

Great victory today! You honored your promise and remained quit! Quit for you first, and when things get hard then look at why your quitting... money, health, wife, kids, etc. One foot in front of the other. We will do this again tomorrow, and I'll be walking into battle with you....
I'll come too. 'Remshot'
Good meeting you in chat today! You will never regret quitting. Hang tough and continue to use the tools here. Good to have you aboard!
Great to meet you as well Sam! It feels good to be part of something positive! It feels great to QUIT!

Offline SAM83

• Quit Pro
  • A failure to plan is a plan to fail!
  • Quit Date: 1/6/2014
  • Interests: Hunting, Fishing, Camping, Motorcycle Touring, White Water Sports, Cooking/Grilling/Smoking (Food), Anything Outdoors and Go Steelers!
  • Likes Given: 220
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2014, 10:03:00 PM »

Day 2 thoughts:

I'll come too. 'Remshot'

Offline 30yraddict

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Quit Feb 13, 2011
  • Likes Given: 67
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2014, 08:27:00 PM »

Day 2 thoughts:

I'll come too. 'Remshot'

Offline FMBM707

• Quitter
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2014, 08:21:00 PM »

Day 2 thoughts:

I'll come too. 'Remshot'

Offline basshaug

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2014, 07:25:00 PM »

Day 2 thoughts:

I'll come too. 'Remshot'

Offline THansen2413

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2017-03-03
  • Interests: Vikings, Gophers, Wild. Enjoy running in the warm months.
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2014, 06:23:00 PM »

Day 2 thoughts:

Quitters I've met in person : Keddy, boelker62, Big Brother Jack, baitbanjo, SirDerek, Chewie, Scowick65, theo3wood, mcarmo44, MonsterEMT, Bronc, dforbes, rocketman, Lance from SD, kdip, wastepanel, quitspit, basshaug, greenspidy, 30yrAddict, btdogboy, cmark, chrisTKE1982, Jeffro Dolfie, Clampy, carlh2o, JGlav, ReWire, Chewrouski_Philly, Sranger999, walterwhite, DWEIRICK, spit cup, FranPro, ericfluck

Offline FMBM707

• Quitter
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2014, 05:40:00 PM »

Day 2 thoughts:
Quitting is worth it. I've been so ashamed of myself for dipping all these years that lately I had a difficult time looking my wife and kids in the eyes. When my wife asked me how my day was going (she knows I quit and she's damn proud and happy about it) even though the withdrawal shit is for real, I looked her right in the eye and said "It's going great because I haven't had a dip". And I meant it.

If being a quitter the rest of my life means that I never put nicotine in my body again then fuck it I'm a QUITTER.

Offline FMBM707

• Quitter
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2014, 05:04:00 PM »
Quote from: Scowick65
Quote from: Raz79
I'm 38, married to a saint of a women, have 3 wonderful kids, a great dog, a good job, a nice house, great friends and family and for the past 12+ years I've decided to poison myself for 8-10 hours everyday 7 days a week. It didn't start out that way. It started out like anyone else with an innocent dip, then another one days, maybe even weeks later. Then a couple of times a week maybe. AND IT JUST KEEPS SNOWBALLING. I use to never, ever chew in front of my wife or kids. Now I find myself chewing at their sporting events, in the car when I'm driving them somewhere. Sure I try to hid it but they are starting to ask questions.

SCARED SHITLESS
I have white patchy shit on my tongue. My tongue hurts. I'm told it's thrush, I'm told it's from chewing. I'm told it won't go away unless I stop chewing. I have to put this liquid purple shit on it that dyes it extremely purple. Now I have a big throbbing purple tongue. It looks ridiculous- it feels worse.

Why in the fuck would I continue to put something in my mouth that is killing me? It's because I'm ADDICTED TO NICOTINE! I'm mad at myself. I'm disappointed in myself. I've been selfish. I've cared more about poison in a can and putting it into my lip for 8-10 hours a day then I have about my life, my wife or my kids. I've made excuses, I've lied to myself and I've lied to others I care about.

My house, my office, my car, my golf bag, my softball bag is completely rid of chew and not just thrown away in the trash- I've done that before and like a fucking derelict I dug through the stinking trash to get the can back out so I could have a chew. That's just fucking sad. Really, really, really fucking sad but I'm guessing I'm not the only guy here that has done that.

Today, 7/07, is the day I stop. Tomorrow is the day I remain quit and post roll. Then I repeat.

I'm new to this site but not new to quitting. I just haven't been successful in staying quit. Would like to chat with anyone anytime. I know I'm going to need a gut check every once in awhile. I know there are days it's going to be more difficult than others and I need someone to tell me to reach between my legs and make sure I still have balls and to fucking man up and stay quit. Quit tobacco. Quit killing yourself. Quit being a pussy. Quit making excuses. Just fucking quit.
Congrats on the quit and understanding your addiction. Make sure to have a fall back plan, lots of seeds, water, and gum. Helped a few of my craves over the last week.

Exercise like crazy if you have the time and mix up your routine. Just a few things that have helped me as a recent quit.
It was nice to meet you in chat. If you need my help, please do not hesitate in asking. Glad you found us.
Thanks Scowick! Quitting isn't fun but it's better than the alternative!

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2014, 04:58:00 PM »
I'm 38, married to a saint of a women, have 3 wonderful kids, a great dog, a good job, a nice house, great friends and family and for the past 12+ years I've decided to poison myself for 8-10 hours everyday 7 days a week. It didn't start out that way. It started out like anyone else with an innocent dip, then another one days, maybe even weeks later. Then a couple of times a week maybe. AND IT JUST KEEPS SNOWBALLING. I use to never, ever chew in front of my wife or kids. Now I find myself chewing at their sporting events, in the car when I'm driving them somewhere. Sure I try to hid it but they are starting to ask questions.

SCARED SHITLESS
I have white patchy shit on my tongue. My tongue hurts. I'm told it's thrush, I'm told it's from chewing. I'm told it won't go away unless I stop chewing. I have to put this liquid purple shit on it that dyes it extremely purple. Now I have a big throbbing purple tongue. It looks ridiculous- it feels worse.

Why in the fuck would I continue to put something in my mouth that is killing me? It's because I'm ADDICTED TO NICOTINE! I'm mad at myself. I'm disappointed in myself. I've been selfish. I've cared more about poison in a can and putting it into my lip for 8-10 hours a day then I have about my life, my wife or my kids. I've made excuses, I've lied to myself and I've lied to others I care about.

My house, my office, my car, my golf bag, my softball bag is completely rid of chew and not just thrown away in the trash- I've done that before and like a fucking derelict I dug through the stinking trash to get the can back out so I could have a chew. That's just fucking sad. Really, really, really fucking sad but I'm guessing I'm not the only guy here that has done that.

Today, 7/07, is the day I stop. Tomorrow is the day I remain quit and post roll. Then I repeat.

I'm new to this site but not new to quitting. I just haven't been successful in staying quit. Would like to chat with anyone anytime. I know I'm going to need a gut check every once in awhile. I know there are days it's going to be more difficult than others and I need someone to tell me to reach between my legs and make sure I still have balls and to fucking man up and stay quit. Quit tobacco. Quit killing yourself. Quit being a pussy. Quit making excuses. Just fucking quit.
Congrats on the quit and understanding your addiction. Make sure to have a fall back plan, lots of seeds, water, and gum. Helped a few of my craves over the last week.

Exercise like crazy if you have the time and mix up your routine. Just a few things that have helped me as a recent quit.
It was nice to meet you in chat. If you need my help, please do not hesitate in asking. Glad you found us.

Offline FMBM707

• Quitter
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2014, 04:54:00 PM »
Quote from: Pinched
Success is your choice. You appear to have a full head of steam per our chat conversation and I look forward to see you hit your milestones along the way. This shit is not easy, and there will be some good days and bad days along your quit journey. We discussed some of the tools that are available to you here at KTC: note that some of them work better than others. Yet the 100% success rate in a person come from their own drive and desire to quit. I have complete faith in you and that I will be here on this journey with you, I walk the trail that has been traveled by many a quitter before me, the path is well worn and defined and they are all here along this path ready to light it for me when necessary. I can promise you that as others have done for me I too will help guide you along this trail, all that you need to do is say the words and I will be there.

We are brothers in addiction, a deceptive and vile little weed that was chemically altered to make us addicts has warped our brains; I will stick around and fight and I hope you will too.

P
Appreciate the advice and support Pinched! Great chatting with you and other quitters today. I agree about choices. I choose to chew and now I have chosen not to do it ever again.

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2014, 01:36:00 PM »
Success is your choice. You appear to have a full head of steam per our chat conversation and I look forward to see you hit your milestones along the way. This shit is not easy, and there will be some good days and bad days along your quit journey. We discussed some of the tools that are available to you here at KTC: note that some of them work better than others. Yet the 100% success rate in a person come from their own drive and desire to quit. I have complete faith in you and that I will be here on this journey with you, I walk the trail that has been traveled by many a quitter before me, the path is well worn and defined and they are all here along this path ready to light it for me when necessary. I can promise you that as others have done for me I too will help guide you along this trail, all that you need to do is say the words and I will be there.

We are brothers in addiction, a deceptive and vile little weed that was chemically altered to make us addicts has warped our brains; I will stick around and fight and I hope you will too.

P
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline THansen2413

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2017-03-03
  • Interests: Vikings, Gophers, Wild. Enjoy running in the warm months.
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2014, 06:34:00 PM »

SCARED SHITLESS

Thanks for the post and advice Raz79! Stocked full of seeds, gum and mints.
I'm liking what I'm reading so far! I'm generally pretty decent at reading through lies, "bullshit" if you will. You seem sincere and determined. Shoot me a message in my Inbox and we will trade numbers. You sir just landed on my immediate quit radar! Let's kill this nic bitch, together.
Quitters I've met in person : Keddy, boelker62, Big Brother Jack, baitbanjo, SirDerek, Chewie, Scowick65, theo3wood, mcarmo44, MonsterEMT, Bronc, dforbes, rocketman, Lance from SD, kdip, wastepanel, quitspit, basshaug, greenspidy, 30yrAddict, btdogboy, cmark, chrisTKE1982, Jeffro Dolfie, Clampy, carlh2o, JGlav, ReWire, Chewrouski_Philly, Sranger999, walterwhite, DWEIRICK, spit cup, FranPro, ericfluck

Offline FMBM707

• Quitter
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2014, 05:45:00 PM »

SCARED SHITLESS

Thanks for the post and advice Raz79! Stocked full of seeds, gum and mints.