Author Topic: Preparing Myself  (Read 4209 times)

Offline DennyX

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: BD: 1978my family, fishing, outdoors
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Preparing Myself
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2011, 09:30:00 AM »
My favorite was when my daughter was born. Then it was her first birthday. Then second, third. Then my second daughter's birth and my first daughter's birthday. Then my second daughter's first birthday (well, not counting her "birth"day, you know what I mean) and my first daughter's fourth birthday. All of those quit dates set less than a week out, NONE of those quit dates meant anything. Understandably, you're 100% speaking addict talk. You and I know very well that you will not quit black friday. Every day here we chose to either use nicotine, or not to use. We only decide that for ONE day. You can do anything for 24 hours, right?

Well then toss the can, come post roll and get it out of the way. I know you can, you know you can because it's ONLY a 24 hour promise. Repeat every day and you WILL stay quit.

Offline Scowick65

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2011, 09:26:00 AM »
Quote from: AtomicDiesel
So, um, none of your friends are gonna throw in a chaw on Black Friday? Or is it just you? Curious.
Now, be careful.... planning for black friday can easily be changed to first of the month, Christmas, first of the year, etc.....all the way to fuckin never.
Tomorrow never comes, soli

Offline AtomicDiesel

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2011, 09:23:00 AM »
So, um, none of your friends are gonna throw in a chaw on Black Friday? Or is it just you? Curious.
Now, be careful.... planning for black friday can easily be changed to first of the month, Christmas, first of the year, etc.....all the way to fuckin never.
?The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel.? Mark 1:15
Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just: that his justice cannot sleep for ever - TJ
KTC Retread...Quit for the final time 10/21/2011
Though I am peaceful, please do not assume that I have somehow forgotten how to be violent.

Offline solimani34

• Likes Given: 0
Preparing Myself
« on: November 18, 2011, 09:18:00 AM »
Alright, well, its getting close to that time. I think I'm going to set my quit date for Black Friday. As much as I want to begin this process today, I know myself, and I know what Thanksgiving brings.

I'm a senior in college, and every Thanksgiving my high school plays our biggest rival (the oldest high school rivalry in the country) at 10 am Turkey Day morning. What does this mean? Well, it means myself and all my former high school friends who I haven't seen since, well, last Thanksgiving, are going to be drinking, and drinking a lot. I don't really have a choice in the matter either. Sure that sounds dumb, because we always have a choice, but its next to impossible when every single friend you have, from guy to girl, is going to have a beer in their hand that morning.

Obviously, with drinking comes poor decisions, and a poor decision I'd undoubtedly make that morning is throwing in a hammer. I know myself, and I know my friends (95% of whom dip), and we're going to dip that morning.

With all of that being said, I feel it would be appropriate to have that day as my farewell day to dip. I've had so many of these dates before, but I've never had access to such a support group like this. I know I can do it this time.