Author Topic: Tried several times...this is it!!!  (Read 2832 times)

Offline Bryan127

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Tried several times...this is it!!!
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2015, 08:30:00 PM »
Day 3 quit!!!! I was at my girlfriends aunts wedding this weekend and that was day One...man sweats and fog!!! Today's day 3  in the morning it was rough!! But I texted my girlfriend and got thru it....oh and can I post roll on my iPhone?

Offline Rawls

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: Nov 18, 2014
  • Interests: I am a Christian. By grace through faith.....I asked God to show me the truth. And He did. I am a believer! Wife of 30 Years, Golf, Hunting, All sports...Romans 10:9-13
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2015, 12:27:00 AM »
Quote from: Steakbomb18
What's up everyone? I'm going to keep it short and simple...I used to smoke cigarettes for the past 10 years since I was 17. I picked up the habit when I was at a college soccer house party at Rowan university in New Jersey. And then kinda let go of the cigs for a bit until I hit the navy, talk about tough times?! Haha I was chewing and smoking at the same time!!! So freaking gross! I thought I was bad ass at the time, not. I've been quit smoking since March! And now it's time to kick the can right in the face! I was one of those smoke then stop then dip then stop then smoke and go back and forth! So tomorrow's the big day, where after 2363312 attempts that have failed finally happen and I take control of my life! I'm worried about the withdrawals, and the head aches and anxiety attacks but my mom was diagnosed with cancer (lung) and I figure the withdrawals would be a lot better than chemo every week and hacking up a lung or having my face chopped off! Wish me prayers, advice, luck!!! Any feedback will be great,,, oh and my can of choice was grizzly wintergreen long cut
Doesn't sound like you're ready to take the bull by it's horns. Sure, you stopped smoking cigarettes, but you haven't quit. You quit when you quit nicotine. But you're absolutely right that being quit is better than being on chemo, and therefor it's time to kick your addiction to the curb. Yea, I just said addiction (not habit).

The reason I point all this stuff out in your intro is because you need to go into this 110% and realize there is no turning back. No matter how much that nic bitch tries to lure you back, this is it. Confidence, willpower, integrity, strength, determination. This is what you need...not my prayers and wishes. Post roll, promise, and get involved. Do this and you're life will change for the better...that's a promise.
I agree with Steak 100% of the time.
Read what he said again.

Learn to hate it...
Millions of people live without it.
It doesn't do anything good for you.

Rawls 223
I believe.....

Offline Steakbomb18

• Quit King
  • Quit Date: 12/13/2013
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2015, 12:04:00 PM »
What's up everyone? I'm going to keep it short and simple...I used to smoke cigarettes for the past 10 years since I was 17. I picked up the habit when I was at a college soccer house party at Rowan university in New Jersey. And then kinda let go of the cigs for a bit until I hit the navy, talk about tough times?! Haha I was chewing and smoking at the same time!!! So freaking gross! I thought I was bad ass at the time, not. I've been quit smoking since March! And now it's time to kick the can right in the face! I was one of those smoke then stop then dip then stop then smoke and go back and forth! So tomorrow's the big day, where after 2363312 attempts that have failed finally happen and I take control of my life! I'm worried about the withdrawals, and the head aches and anxiety attacks but my mom was diagnosed with cancer (lung) and I figure the withdrawals would be a lot better than chemo every week and hacking up a lung or having my face chopped off! Wish me prayers, advice, luck!!! Any feedback will be great,,, oh and my can of choice was grizzly wintergreen long cut
Doesn't sound like you're ready to take the bull by it's horns. Sure, you stopped smoking cigarettes, but you haven't quit. You quit when you quit nicotine. But you're absolutely right that being quit is better than being on chemo, and therefor it's time to kick your addiction to the curb. Yea, I just said addiction (not habit).

The reason I point all this stuff out in your intro is because you need to go into this 110% and realize there is no turning back. No matter how much that nic bitch tries to lure you back, this is it. Confidence, willpower, integrity, strength, determination. This is what you need...not my prayers and wishes. Post roll, promise, and get involved. Do this and you're life will change for the better...that's a promise.
Certified Grade A Badass

Offline invader

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-03-12
  • Interests: Board games, antique bicycles, and doing my fair share to bankrupt the ghouls over at Copenhagen.
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2015, 08:47:00 AM »
Quote from: Bryan127
Hey Bryan! Good to have you here. I was worried about the withdrawal symptoms too when I decided to quit. The truth is that while they may suck, none of them are going to kill you. And once you get through the worst of them, they become an excellent motivational tool to make sure you never use tobacco again. I know I sure as hell don't want to feel the same way I did that first week again.

Offline Raider

• Quit Pro
  • Imma Quitter
  • Quit Date: Feb 28, 2014
  • Interests: Fishing, Camping, Kayaking, but mainly spending time with the family and friends.
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2015, 02:24:00 AM »
Quote from: Lumberjack
Btw man, you are on day 1 right now unless you are still using nicotine. You put that your quit date is the 27th.... Tomorrow.... Which is it? If you quit today, then you're on Day 1 right now.
You want to quit? Really? You really want to quit? If the answer is yes then you came to the right place. 485 days ago I found this amazing place and it has completely changed my life. I am now the man that I have always wanted to be. One with honor and integrity.

Post Roll Daily
Honor your word
Be active here

Its a simple 3 step process. damn glad to be quit with you today

Offline Lumberjack Tim

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: April 09, 2015
  • Interests: Football, specifically Auburn University.Soccer, specifically Atletico Madrid.Xbox One, specifically PUBG, FIFA and Madden (Gamertag is Lumberjack Tim).I work at a waste treatment plant, so I turn turds into drinking water.
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2015, 10:52:00 PM »
Btw man, you are on day 1 right now unless you are still using nicotine. You put that your quit date is the 27th.... Tomorrow.... Which is it? If you quit today, then you're on Day 1 right now.

Offline dkham87

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-06-25
  • Interests: I love anything involving being outdoors. Hunting is by far my favorite thing to do specifically bow hunting white tale
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2015, 10:50:00 PM »
Did I post roll right?
I'm not seeing anything yet...if you go to quit groups and then to the group pre HOF - October 2015 then scroll down to the Latest post. Copy and paste everything from second text box into the first and put your name days quit and then your promise for the day under the new badass quiter section.
Matthew 6:24 ?No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money (OR TOBACCO)"

Done Date: 6-25-15

Offline Lumberjack Tim

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: April 09, 2015
  • Interests: Football, specifically Auburn University.Soccer, specifically Atletico Madrid.Xbox One, specifically PUBG, FIFA and Madden (Gamertag is Lumberjack Tim).I work at a waste treatment plant, so I turn turds into drinking water.
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2015, 10:46:00 PM »
Did I post roll right?
Almost man. I understand the confusion with the months and stuff. You will be posting in the October group, which you can find HERE.

We can all give you more details over there if you'd like!

Offline Bryan127

• Quitter
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2015, 10:42:00 PM »
Did I post roll right?

Offline dkham87

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-06-25
  • Interests: I love anything involving being outdoors. Hunting is by far my favorite thing to do specifically bow hunting white tale
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2015, 10:26:00 PM »
What's up Bryan,

I'm with ya I'm on day 2 so I'm quitting with ya man! No time like the present! End it today brother! You got this! Go and post roll to make it official!
Matthew 6:24 ?No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money (OR TOBACCO)"

Done Date: 6-25-15

Offline Bryan127

• Quitter
Tried several times...this is it!!!
« on: June 26, 2015, 10:22:00 PM »