Author Topic: It's about that time.  (Read 1979 times)

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
Re: It's about that time.
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2014, 06:57:00 AM »
Quote from: Dalco
Hello everyone. My name is Daniel but you can call me Dalco. I'm 18years old and I live in Iowa. I've been chewing hard for about a year and a half, a can every day of mostly Copenhagen wintergreen. I had my first chew at 16, the smallest pinch of Skoal Apple that my friend gave to me at a minor league baseball game. One of the players told me I should stop now while I could, and he was damn right. I've wanted to quit for a little while now, and I've looked at this website a few times. I think it'll be helpful, very helpful. For me, dipping has always been a thing since I moved here that we would do every morning on the way to school, just as we will take our final ones tomorrow morning. Always while driving I put a good one in. But lately it's been in the morning, twice during school and finishing the can at home. My mouth and teeth aren't in terrible shape but they leave some to be desired for sure. I tried the fake stuff and it never worked. Tried a mix and went right back to the cope. But this is it. I want a wife and family someday with my mouth still intact, so today is the day. Expect many posts today and every day keeping you all updated. Have a great day everybody. -Dalco
Very good move Dalco. Very.

You can do this. It takes 2 things... balls, and integrity. You gotta have the balls to give your word. You just did that. Now you gotta have the integrity to keep it. Every morning you post your promise in your group, and then you gotta have the integrity to claw your eyes out if you have to... but under no circumstances do you break your word.

I promise you this, you will never look back at this day and say "man, I really wish I had never quit."

You can do this. And we will help. If you need a number for accountability or help, shoot me a PM. Congratulations on making the best decision of your life.

Offline Dalco

• Quit Date: 2015-10-09
  • Likes Given: 0
It's about that time.
« on: October 09, 2014, 06:05:00 AM »
Hello everyone. My name is Daniel but you can call me Dalco. I'm 18years old and I live in Iowa. I've been chewing hard for about a year and a half, a can every day of mostly Copenhagen wintergreen. I had my first chew at 16, the smallest pinch of Skoal Apple that my friend gave to me at a minor league baseball game. One of the players told me I should stop now while I could, and he was damn right. I've wanted to quit for a little while now, and I've looked at this website a few times. I think it'll be helpful, very helpful. For me, dipping has always been a thing since I moved here that we would do every morning on the way to school, just as we will take our final ones tomorrow morning. Always while driving I put a good one in. But lately it's been in the morning, twice during school and finishing the can at home. My mouth and teeth aren't in terrible shape but they leave some to be desired for sure. I tried the fake stuff and it never worked. Tried a mix and went right back to the cope. But this is it. I want a wife and family someday with my mouth still intact, so today is the day. Expect many posts today and every day keeping you all updated. Have a great day everybody. -Dalco