Author Topic: Starting Day 1 Of Quit  (Read 1751 times)

Offline Bignate76

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-06-18
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Starting Day 1 Of Quit
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2014, 12:56:00 PM »
Hell ya man! Already posted roll. Starting strong.

The process should not scare you. The process can't be any simpler. Post your promise not to use nicotine for the next 24 hours early every day. Be a man of your word and keep that shit out of your mouth for 24 hours. Wake up the next day and post your promise again on roll... That's it...

Does is suck? Like a fucking Hoover. But we take it one day at a time... sometimes one minute at a time. We depend on each other. Jump on Live Chat for a laugh, read post after post on here, look at the Cancer Pics, Print this out and read it every time you start to feel your resolve weaken. Dip never did anything to help you out of a stressful situation. The nic bitch was whispering sweet lies to you...

Get your wife involved. Spousal Support. I did, and she was wonderful.

Get phone numbers off your other Jan quit brothers and sisters... check in on each other.

As you know, we will always be addicts and this fight will never end, but I promise you; if you listen to the vets, follow the program, hang out on this site as much as possible, and are a man of your word. You will be a bad ass quitter! I quit with you today!

Offline ENW78

• Quit Date: 2014-09-30
  • Likes Given: 0
Starting Day 1 Of Quit
« on: October 01, 2014, 12:17:00 PM »
I have been dipping every single day, all day for the last 10+ years and I am finally ready to give it all up. It started out as a every now and then dip, then it was a few times a day, and then it was a first thing in the morning and through out the day until I go to bed all day dip. I have tried to quit on my own before, but I typically only last a few days and then make up an excuse for myself to start dipping again, but today is the day that I say enough is enough. I have finally made the decision to quit after getting a scare from my dentist. I know its not going to be easy. I'm already feeling the effects of not having a dip in and its only been 24 hours. This whole process scares me. I have two boys (4yr old and a 7 month old) and a wonderful wife at home and I can't imagine them living without me nor can I imagine not being there for them in the future. I have to quit, there is not another option. I have to be strong and kick the can to the curb. I'm just scared that I will fall back into the same routine that I have been these last few years and I will end up not being here for my family in the end. I needed help and I stumbled upon this website and I felt like this could help me finally stop dipping. I know how much support is needed when trying to stop an addiction. My father was an alcoholic for many years and finally found help through AA. He was a proud AA member for 31 years before his death last year. He has shown me that everyone needs help when fighting an addiction, no matter what the addiction is.