Author Topic: The Funk  (Read 4025 times)

Offline Ginet

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: The Funk
« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2015, 02:46:00 PM »
Quote from: Thumblewort
Quote from: Smeds
'party2' CONGRATS ON 300 DAYS OF BADASSERY JOSH! 'party2'
Nice 3 hundo man!
YEAH JOSH!!!
'clap'
'chew2' 'chew2' 'chew2' 'chew2'
The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it. ~ Chinese Proverb
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply. ~ Stephen R. Covey

QD 12/29/13
April 2014 Resolute

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #47 on: January 29, 2015, 02:59:00 PM »
Nice 3 hundo man!
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline Smeds

• Master of Quit
  • The bluebird can sing, but the crow's got the soul
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2015, 08:21:00 AM »
My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

Offline schaef418

• BANNED
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #45 on: October 21, 2014, 07:20:00 AM »
Congrats on the 2nd floor Josh ... proud as hell to quit with you EDD as a July DD!
Hell yeah! 2 - 0 - 0 days! Well done!

Offline Smeds

• Master of Quit
« Reply #44 on: October 21, 2014, 07:17:00 AM »
Congrats on the 2nd floor Josh ... proud as hell to quit with you EDD as a July DD!

Offline Air Force ADDICT

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
  • Interests: Wife & kids, mountian biking/cycling, running, surfing/body surfing... Pretty much anything outdoors.
« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2014, 12:50:00 PM »
Quote from: braves360
So it's been a long while since I have written in here and I thought it was about time.

I am now post Hall of Fame, all the "glory" is gone, the parades, the pomp and circumstance, all of it is over for me and my group of brothers. Now we face a new battle, well one that is new to us at least, complacency.

After 150 days of quit it's very easy to sit back and think, "I don't really need to post today, I've been quit this long and I know I'm not going back". Well let me tell you from experience, a brother with over 150 days of quit just caved. This comes shortly after a vet with 1800 days of quit. I could go on, but it'll just get depressing.

It is important to realize that at no point during this journey are you "cured" nor are you exempt from the callings of the nic bitch. She is a crafty whore who has many ways of drawing you back in, and as soon as you let your guard slip she'll be finding a way back in.

I guess I say this to pose a question to anyone that has caved and come back to KTC;

Is the price of dipping cheaper than the cost of quitting?
You're the man Josh! I too am curious what others who have caved have to say about this. Although I'm 100% sure of the answer.

I'm quit with you EDD brother!
Well said Josh... Well said.

Offline Smeds

• Master of Quit
« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2014, 12:46:00 PM »
So it's been a long while since I have written in here and I thought it was about time.

I am now post Hall of Fame, all the "glory" is gone, the parades, the pomp and circumstance, all of it is over for me and my group of brothers. Now we face a new battle, well one that is new to us at least, complacency.

After 150 days of quit it's very easy to sit back and think, "I don't really need to post today, I've been quit this long and I know I'm not going back". Well let me tell you from experience, a brother with over 150 days of quit just caved. This comes shortly after a vet with 1800 days of quit. I could go on, but it'll just get depressing.

It is important to realize that at no point during this journey are you "cured" nor are you exempt from the callings of the nic bitch. She is a crafty whore who has many ways of drawing you back in, and as soon as you let your guard slip she'll be finding a way back in.

I guess I say this to pose a question to anyone that has caved and come back to KTC;

You're the man Josh! I too am curious what others who have caved have to say about this. Although I'm 100% sure of the answer.

I'm quit with you EDD brother!

Offline Braves360

• Quitter
« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2014, 10:22:00 AM »

Offline Braves360

• Quitter
« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2014, 12:36:00 AM »
Quote from: Coach
Quote from: Nolaq
Quote from: LDiddy
Quote from: Greg5280
I really found the second and third articles useful. Apparently I'm not alone in my OCD world.
Absolutely not. Someone said on here that many of the same tendencies that feed our addictions can foster OCD.... Gotta go realign the trash cans. See ya later
You mean not everyone aligns the bottles in the medicine cabinet from tallest to shortest? Labels out of course.
That's the way my liquor cabinet is anyway...
Did someone say Funk?
Whoa. Lots of color to the names in this thread. I just happen to like the Braves.

'BanDog'
My medicine and liquor cabinet happen to be tallest to smallest and then alphabetical if there is a tie in height.

I have found that jumping in with a couple guys in both August and September have helped things immensely. I reckon it's time to start reinvesting into the enterprise that saved my ass.

Offline Coach Steve

• Quitting MoFo
  • Interests: Being quit. Staying quit. Pretty much just quitting like fuck.
« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2014, 09:22:00 PM »
Quote from: Nolaq
I really found the second and third articles useful. Apparently I'm not alone in my OCD world.
Absolutely not. Someone said on here that many of the same tendencies that feed our addictions can foster OCD.... Gotta go realign the trash cans. See ya later
You mean not everyone aligns the bottles in the medicine cabinet from tallest to shortest? Labels out of course.
Did someone say Funk?
Whoa. Lots of color to the names in this thread. I just happen to like the Braves.

'BanDog'
Make Your Decision

Offline Nolaq

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2014, 01:32:00 PM »
Did someone say Funk?
What is your major malfunction?!?!?!?!

Offline LDIDDY

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Come & Take It - & Die Trying
  • Quit Date: 12-29-2005
« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2014, 12:51:00 PM »
What's the difference between a liberal and a puppy??? The puppy stops whining and shitting on everything when he grows up.

Offline Greg5280

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Quit King
  • BONAFIDE QUIT BEAST
  • Quit Date: 10-30-2009
  • Interests: Golf, Running, Cycling, Being outside, Spending time with my family. Quitting and helping newbies.
« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2014, 12:46:00 PM »

Offline J2b

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
    • May 11
  • Quit Date: 01/23/2011
  • Likes Given: 239
« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2014, 12:46:00 PM »
That would be CDO.

I found the best way to kill complacency is to buy in with the newest quitters. Pick a couple stragglers and trade numbers, start texting with them, help them out. It helps them tremendously, and if nothing else it will make you laugh as they try and post roll and remember how strong the suck and the fog is those first few weeks and the initial experience with heavy triggers.

Quit on.
The problem is not the problem.  The problem is your attitude about the problem.  Do you understand?

Draw Fire

If its too much trouble to post roll call, you could always fuck off.

Quit Group: May 11 3 Balled Quitters

• Quit: 01/23/11

Offline LDIDDY

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Come & Take It - & Die Trying
  • Quit Date: 12-29-2005
« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2014, 12:43:00 PM »
What's the difference between a liberal and a puppy??? The puppy stops whining and shitting on everything when he grows up.