Author Topic: Slave to Skoal  (Read 1929 times)

Offline davidf517

• Quitter
  • Interests: reading, working out, fishing, camping, kids, sports, coaching
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Slave to Skoal
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2011, 01:02:00 PM »
remember the physical part lasts only about 3 days (sweating, dizzy, shaky, etc.). You can do it...eat seeds, gum, candy and drink water. Just know that in 3 days it will be a bit better. Then the fog and mental shit will come for a while but gradually that will get easier. Post roll, read on this site, the HOF letters and quit groups and get in the chat room. before you know it you will be adding up major days and be headed to freedom!! Be tough, be quit. Your life depends on it....

Offline grimace8777

• Quitter
  • Interests: Rock Climbing, Running, Fathering
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2011, 10:05:00 AM »
Ben, our stories are somewhat similar, I too have small children and I too quit for about 9 months before some drama pulled me back in. If you have quit for that year before you can do it again for sure, you already know you can do it. Don't go at it alone this time, post roll every day, throw it out to the board that your having a difficult time and help encourage everyone else around you. Solicit the support of your wife and most importanly realize that you are an addict, admit that to yourself and realize that you can never go back, it's not an option but take it day by day. Shoot me a PM if I can help in anyway, hey even if it's just to listen to you complain I don't care.

David

Offline jaygib

• Quitter
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2011, 08:56:00 AM »
Quote from: franklin77
Hi - I've been dipping Skoal for the last 14 years (33 now), and I've tried to quit many times - never with this site for support. About 3 years ago, I had quit for about a year, but got drunk at a golf outing and bummed a rub off of a friend and have been doing it ever since.

I've got to do it this time and make it last forever. I've got 3 boys at home, oldest 5, who I'd like to see grow up. I'd also like to stop explaining to them why I have to spit when I chew "Daddy Gum."

Today's day one, posted roll call, and skipped my wake-up dip and my drive to work dip. I'm sitting here at work sweating like a whore in church.

I appreciate in advance everyone's support.
-Ben
Welcome Ben, as a father it's freaking tough. Haven't used around my daughter but use often around my sons who are now 8 and 7 and I've hoped for a while that I was being discreet enough that they wouldn't know what it was. But I remember seeing my brother dip the bear when I was 8, and I remember packing a dip of tuna from the can to be grown up like him.

Keep up the battle man, you're winning even though you may not realize at the moment. The kids are as good a reason as any but it's your quit and you have to supply the fire and motivation for you!
Quit January 19, 2011

Everything is permissible for me but not everything is beneficial. Everything is permissible for me but I will not be mastered by anything. 1 Cor 6:12

Offline franklin77

• Quitter
Slave to Skoal
« on: February 16, 2011, 08:49:00 AM »
Hi - I've been dipping Skoal for the last 14 years (33 now), and I've tried to quit many times - never with this site for support. About 3 years ago, I had quit for about a year, but got drunk at a golf outing and bummed a rub off of a friend and have been doing it ever since.

I've got to do it this time and make it last forever. I've got 3 boys at home, oldest 5, who I'd like to see grow up. I'd also like to stop explaining to them why I have to spit when I chew "Daddy Gum."

Today's day one, posted roll call, and skipped my wake-up dip and my drive to work dip. I'm sitting here at work sweating like a whore in church.

I appreciate in advance everyone's support.
-Ben
Quit Date: 2/16/11
- "Franklin said some things whitey wasn't ready to hear."