Author Topic: New Quitter  (Read 4180 times)

Offline Jerk11

• Quitter
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: New Quitter
« Reply #46 on: June 02, 2015, 10:57:00 AM »
Day 149- Wow, where do I start. Since I posted on this Intro thread last I have hit the HOF and have experienced the entire spectrum of emotions that one can feel. My memory has faded from early in my quit, but I feel like the first 60-80 days of my Quit were invigorating- lots of discussion in my Quit Group (April Apes), everything was fresh and new, and then things started to slow down. Shortly after we were all excited to hit the Hall and that was a very special occasion. I think the 110's-149 has been tough. That's when I've noticed the complacency, blah's, boredom, mild depression, and the frustration and bitterness has yet to leave me for more than a day or two. It was like I was constantly being padded on the back the first couple months, and now I'm just really dwelling on the tremendous accomplishment and life-changing decision to QUIT for good. As guys in our quit group become largely less active while some start to drift from the site completely, I am reminded of working for a corporation with a lot of layoffs. It's like sitting at your desk and seeing this guy get fired, this person take a new job, this guy getting promoted, this one retiring... and you just can't keep up with it all. All the while upper management is constantly changing standard procedures. It can be hard, and all this change has been hard on me. We have lost one of our most vocal Apes, and several others that have been instrumental in my Quit thus far are starting to fade away..

I vow to stick with KTC. I quit for today. I want this post to be a sort of time capsule for coming back and reminiscing about how I was still bitter and frustrated at day 149. Because at this point, I am at the stage where I am learning to cope with everything without a drug. It can all be pretty heavy at times.

Joe: I hope this post serves it's purpose someday when you finally move out of your parents' house. You have furthered your education and gotten that lucrative break to start working in the Finance industry. You are likely married and living high on the hog, and no longer buried and encumbered with student loan debt. Your QUIT is strong as fuck and you take every possible opportunity to preach to others the LIES of NICOTINE and ADDICTION. You are happy and off all psych medication. You made it, and it all started here in this crazy group of dudes that believed I could quit the most addictive substance known to man, and one of the most toxic.

I quit for today for that is all I can control or will worry about.

Jerk11

Offline Derk40

• Quit Pro
« Reply #45 on: April 14, 2015, 05:51:00 PM »
Quote from: rdad
Quote from: Rawls
Quote from: trigerhapy
Quote from: Jerk11
Quote from: pab1964
Quote from: worktowin
Day 100!

Congratulations dude! There is so much upside from here that you won't believe it, but ODAAT you have beaten down some tough days and will never have to relive that misery. Thanks for all that you do - enjoy this first big milestone, and see you at 101.
Yes sir jerk! Congratulations on 100 days! I see you at 200! Damn proud to be quit with you today my friend!
Thanks, guys! It's actually Day 99 for me but I plan to stay quit tomorrow just like the previous 99 ;)
HOF brother, congratulations!
Well done Jerk.
Congrats on HOF, with all those apes.
That's wanting something in my book!
Keep killing it. EDD ODAAT.
Outstanding Jerk! Congrats!
Congrats Jerk! Keep it up!
Quit date: 6/23/2013
HOF Date: 9/30/2013

HOF Speech

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #44 on: April 14, 2015, 02:59:00 PM »
Quote from: Rawls
Day 100!

Congratulations dude! There is so much upside from here that you won't believe it, but ODAAT you have beaten down some tough days and will never have to relive that misery. Thanks for all that you do - enjoy this first big milestone, and see you at 101.
Yes sir jerk! Congratulations on 100 days! I see you at 200! Damn proud to be quit with you today my friend!
Thanks, guys! It's actually Day 99 for me but I plan to stay quit tomorrow just like the previous 99 ;)
Well done Jerk.
Outstanding Jerk! Congrats!

Offline Rawls

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: Nov 18, 2014
  • Interests: I am a Christian. By grace through faith.....I asked God to show me the truth. And He did. I am a believer! Wife of 30 Years, Golf, Hunting, All sports...Romans 10:9-13
« Reply #43 on: April 14, 2015, 10:40:00 AM »
Day 100!

Well done Jerk.
I believe.....

Offline trigerhapy

• Master of Quit
  • Quit Date: 01/05/15
  • Interests: Quit for LIFE
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #42 on: April 14, 2015, 10:01:00 AM »
Day 100!

Offline Jerk11

• Quitter
« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2015, 09:53:00 AM »
Day 100!

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2015, 07:16:00 AM »
Day 100!

Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2015, 02:41:00 AM »
Day 100!

Offline TLOC81

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2015-01-13
  • Interests: Quitting chewing tobacco for good
« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2015, 12:56:00 AM »
Great post Jerk. I felt like such a pussy telling my best friends I was quitting, only to make it a day or two. I must have done that about 50 times until people pretty much just shrugged when I told them I would try to quit, knowing full well I wouldn't last. I was always ashamed and felt so weak that I had to spend $7 a day on a bullshit drug that could give me cancer. Being able to "stand tall" is one of the greatest benefits of quitting I think. Keep up the good fight.
Tedx on addiction
Transcending addiction Tedx

Giving up smoking is the easiest thing in the world. I know because I've done it a thousand times. -Mark Twain

Offline pab1964

• Family
  • Master of Quit
  • Loving the quit life
  • Interests: God family crappie fishing
  • Likes Given: 85
« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2015, 11:20:00 AM »
Quitting chewing to anyone outside of KTC can look like, well, quitting chewing. But to us and those that really care about us, we know it is so much more than that. It really is a total lifestyle transition. It's about eating healthier, exercising more, and most importantly, trusting our Quit Brothers and Vets that it will someday get better and we will return to the person we really are without the poison.

I'm on Day 63 and my moods have leveled out somewhat. I feel an inner calm that I didn't have before I quit. I seldom think about chewing, and can tell myself with 100% conviction that one chew would do NO good for me, and would be a very "expensive" dip, and I don't mean monetary cost.

Leading up to deciding to quit I really didn't like the way my life was going. I started to withdraw from myself a bit. I had this image of myself walking.... with my hands in my pockets... just walking with my head down towards an ambiguous location, but the location gets darker and darker. Almost like a black mist. F'ed up, right!? This image in my head speaks volumes of what I thought of myself.

Since quitting nicotine and joining KTC, the image in my head is this: Standing tall and proud, with a smug grin on my face. I have the NIC B pinned underneath one of my steel-toed boots as I squeeze the life out of the demon... Pressing down with all of my might. Making it squeal. Making it hiss. I know if I let up my grip on it, it will defeat me. That's why I don't. It's redemption for all of the time I suffered as it's master. But now I am in control. And it feels wonderful. The best part is that I get to experience it every, single day.
Doing awesome jerk! Not much feels better than defeating a true demon! Thanks for the post my quits stronger today because of you! Damn proud to be quit with you my Ape brother!
Tobacco is so addictive it took me a year after a massive heart attack, in which doctor confirmed caused from dipping to finally put a lid on the bitch! ODAAT EDD

Offline Jerk11

• Quitter
« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2015, 11:05:00 AM »
Quitting chewing to anyone outside of KTC can look like, well, quitting chewing. But to us and those that really care about us, we know it is so much more than that. It really is a total lifestyle transition. It's about eating healthier, exercising more, and most importantly, trusting our Quit Brothers and Vets that it will someday get better and we will return to the person we really are without the poison.

I'm on Day 63 and my moods have leveled out somewhat. I feel an inner calm that I didn't have before I quit. I seldom think about chewing, and can tell myself with 100% conviction that one chew would do NO good for me, and would be a very "expensive" dip, and I don't mean monetary cost.

Leading up to deciding to quit I really didn't like the way my life was going. I started to withdraw from myself a bit. I had this image of myself walking.... with my hands in my pockets... just walking with my head down towards an ambiguous location, but the location gets darker and darker. Almost like a black mist. F'ed up, right!? This image in my head speaks volumes of what I thought of myself.

Since quitting nicotine and joining KTC, the image in my head is this: Standing tall and proud, with a smug grin on my face. I have the NIC B pinned underneath one of my steel-toed boots as I squeeze the life out of the demon... Pressing down with all of my might. Making it squeal. Making it hiss. I know if I let up my grip on it, it will defeat me. That's why I don't. It's redemption for all of the time I suffered as it's master. But now I am in control. And it feels wonderful. The best part is that I get to experience it every, single day.

Offline worktowin

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • Interests: GymWorkTravel
  • Likes Given: 108
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2015, 02:14:00 PM »
Quote from: Pinched
Day 56. It's been awhile since I've updated my quit log.

Feeling good. Told a buddy of mine that I quit and he didn't believe me. He tempted me with a can of Cope and I told him if he asked me again I would dump it out. He dared me to. I told him again: "Bro, I quit. I will walk outside and dump out the can if you ask me again." He smiled and nodded. So, I walked outside and opened the can and dumped that nasty crap as I waved at him.

I still use my Hooch Mint Rough Cut from time to time, but I don't feel that urge to use it as often since it contains no highly addictive chemicals.

It feels remarkable to be liberated from something so powerful. Something that controlled my life for so long. I honor my word and liberate myself every day from the chain of addiction, and that calls for celebration. I celebrate Day 56 as much as Day1, Day 10, or Day 30. 1 dip is too much and 1,000,000 never enough. I understand that now.
After 595 days I still keep a can of Hooch on me at all times. I seldom if ever use it but I am surrounded by dipping addicts at the jobsite and in lieu of becoming a slave again I choose to be prepared. I absolutely can't stand the smell of Copenhagen anymore and I often tell men on site that their breath smells like a cat shit in their mouth.

Congrats on making it this far through the quit path. You definitely seem to get it.

Quitters like this make me happy because they make me want to quit that much more.

P
Dude what a great post. Proud to quit with you today. 8 weeks of freedom!

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2015, 01:51:00 PM »

Feeling good. Told a buddy of mine that I quit and he didn't believe me. He tempted me with a can of Cope and I told him if he asked me again I would dump it out. He dared me to. I told him again: "Bro, I quit. I will walk outside and dump out the can if you ask me again." He smiled and nodded. So, I walked outside and opened the can and dumped that nasty crap as I waved at him.

I still use my Hooch Mint Rough Cut from time to time, but I don't feel that urge to use it as often since it contains no highly addictive chemicals.

It feels remarkable to be liberated from something so powerful. Something that controlled my life for so long. I honor my word and liberate myself every day from the chain of addiction, and that calls for celebration. I celebrate Day 56 as much as Day1, Day 10, or Day 30. 1 dip is too much and 1,000,000 never enough. I understand that now.
After 595 days I still keep a can of Hooch on me at all times. I seldom if ever use it but I am surrounded by dipping addicts at the jobsite and in lieu of becoming a slave again I choose to be prepared. I absolutely can't stand the smell of Copenhagen anymore and I often tell men on site that their breath smells like a cat shit in their mouth.

Congrats on making it this far through the quit path. You definitely seem to get it.

Quitters like this make me happy because they make me want to quit that much more.

P
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13

Offline Jerk11

• Quitter
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2015, 11:31:00 AM »

Offline Jerk11

• Quitter
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2015, 05:59:00 PM »
Quote from: rdad
Thanks for all the support to those that have reached out to me and helped me through these first 37 days. Feeling good the past couple days. Does anyone know of some informational websites (that are interesting) on the quit process? i.e. you get headaches because of the oxygen to the brain, nicotine mimics acetylcholine receptors, etc. etc. I love to read that stuff while I'm at work.
Here is a book I have read at least 4 times in my first year of quitting.
You can get it free online. It explains everything.

Freedom From Nicotine-The Journey Home, by John R. Polito.

Next to KTC, it helped me the most.
Thank you! I'll check it out.