Author Topic: My Introduction  (Read 1760 times)

Offline basshaug

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: My Introduction
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2015, 08:26:00 PM »
Quote from: AMFH
Thank you all for the welcome! It's already been really helpful to be able to read stories from others about their quitting experiences. I figured out how to post roll and will be doing that. Any other tips you guys have are definitely welcome. Thanks again!
Way to nail your first roll post. As everyone here has said read everything you can! Quit with you today. See ya tomorrow for another day freedom!

Offline soxfnnlansing

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 2014-09-02
  • Interests: I am a follower of Jesus Christ. A husband and a father of a 14 year old son. A huge White Sox (hence the screen name) and Blackhawk fan. I golf, play chess, and work in construction. Living the rest of my life, one day at a time, without nicotine.
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2015, 08:22:00 PM »
Hi Ash, welcome to KTC and glad you're here. Good idea to pay at the pump instead of going inside to grab a coffee or whatever. I had to change my daily behavior at first because everything in my world had revolved around a green can since I was in high school. Just read everything you can (Words of Wisdom, HOF speeches, WildCard,etc) and drink a lot of water. Hope the guys at the firehouse are cool with your quit. You don't need another obstacle right now. Again, welcome.
HOF Speech

Here in THIS house, we Kill the Can. If it's not a top priority, go to one of the bitch sites where they "hurt the can" or "call the can names." - Pre

This is so much more that just throwing your name on a list, it is placing your word or promise that you will not use nicotine and it should be done everyday. - MCarmo44

I need this place, because i am an addict. I cannot forget that...if i do i will forget how to quit. - Schaef418

Offline AMFH

• Quit Date: 2015-01-01
  • Interests: Fishing, hiking, camping, road trips - chances are, I'll be pretty happy as long as I can be outside!
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2015, 08:17:00 PM »
Thank you all for the welcome! It's already been really helpful to be able to read stories from others about their quitting experiences. I figured out how to post roll and will be doing that. Any other tips you guys have are definitely welcome. Thanks again!
Life's a garden, dig it!
You gotta keep on keepin' on!

Offline Ginet

• Quitter
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2015, 05:50:00 PM »
;)
The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it. ~ Chinese Proverb
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply. ~ Stephen R. Covey

QD 12/29/13
April 2014 Resolute

Offline Ginet

• Quitter
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2015, 05:45:00 PM »
Hey Ash. Female quitter here. I wish I would have quit when I was 24! Instead, I kept on going, can after can after can. 22 years later, I found this place. I have tried to quit several times before. Not until I found a place like this, that provided accountability with others that really truly got this whole thing, did it click and make sense for me.

You do not have a habit. You are a nicotine addict. The very fact that you waited to use the entire roll is proof of the strong hold it has on you. I am so very glad that you quit!

Now, how do you stay quit?

1- post roll. You need to make a promise to yourself and to those who support you here that today, 24 hours, all day long, you will not use nicotine in any form. No patch, no gum, no cigar, no puff on an e-cigg. Nothing.

2- get involved and listen. You will be getting some numbers of other quitters and they are extending to you, a life line. This is where you reach out when you are having the worst cravings, when you feel depressed, when you are about to do anything for that pinch - you dial a number. You can't get these life lines by just hanging out. Visit chat, read other intros, read the endless amount of help in these walls.

3 - Keep that shit out of your mouth. Sounds so simple right? It is! Use gum, seeds, toothpicks, fake, bite all your nails off, whatever. Just don't put that shit in your mouth. You made a promise - you are involved and armed with numbers - USE THEM!

So, I am going to quit with you today. There is nothing more I love than quitting like a girl!

Let's go lady!
The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it. ~ Chinese Proverb
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply. ~ Stephen R. Covey

QD 12/29/13
April 2014 Resolute

Offline Drewdrew

• Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: 2017-07-23
  • Interests: Yes, ma'am. I've killed Doyle Hargraves with a lawnmower blade. Yes, ma'am, I'm right sure of it. I hit him two good whacks in the head with it. That second one just plum near cut his head in two... It's a lil' ol' white house on the corner of Vine Street and some other street.
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2015, 05:40:00 PM »
Get this quit. Go Army beat Navy.
Quit: 7-23-17 at 8:30am.....after a cave

Offline Harbinger17

• Quitter
  • Interests: Hockey more specifically the Minnesota Wild. Video games, Nerd stuff.
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2015, 05:34:00 PM »
Hi all! I'm Ash and I recently made the decision to quit my favorite bad habit that I've kept around for about 8 years now. Not "quit" - like I had before, to hush up friends, family, and rude strangers about my little addiction - but to actually quit. For me this time. I'm tired of having to take certain times of the day to have a "time out" (dip time). I'm tired of having to make sure that I swing by a gas station when I start to run too low. I'm tired of hiding the habit from as many people as I can for fear of being judged - and I'm tired of their reactions of horror when they do find out. I'm tired of making sure that I don't have any stuck in my teeth before I get out of the car to go into work, the store, wherever. I'm just tired of the whole thing - I don't like being a slave to a little can. So last week, I decided that as soon as I finished with the roll that I had just bought, I was finished - done. For good this time. Around 4:30 in the afternoon on New Year's Eve, I had my last dip. Day one wasn't bad. Day two wasn't terrible. And day three has been pretty awful. Headache, foggy, sore throat, all those fun things. In a way, it strengthens my decision. Why would I want to continue a habit that can make me feel like this?

About me... I'm 24. I love spending time outdoors - fishing, hiking, camping, you name it. As long as I'm outside, I'm happy. I work in accounting on the civilian side, have been in the National Guard for close to four years now, and am on my town's fire department as a volunteer FF/EMT.
On day 3 as well. Riding the suck coaster with you right now. Glad to be quit with you today.

Offline basshaug

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2015, 05:18:00 PM »
Quote from: Thumblewort
Welcome, but lose the word "habit", and embrace the word addiction. It is hard, but we are all addicts here. Also, please visit the Welcome Center and post roll.
Congrats on deciding to take back your freedom.

Head on over to the welcome center to see how to post roll. It is our promise to not use nicotine and we make that promise each day. you'll be a part of april 2015 group and there are several other people in there who are going through the same "suck" as you.

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2015, 05:05:00 PM »
Welcome, but lose the word "habit", and embrace the word addiction. It is hard, but we are all addicts here. Also, please visit the Welcome Center and post roll.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline Natro

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: October 20, 2014
  • Interests: Quitting, cooking, reading, travelling, meeting other quitters.
  • Likes Given: 72
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2015, 04:39:00 PM »
Hi all! I'm Ash and I recently made the decision to quit my favorite bad habit that I've kept around for about 8 years now. Not "quit" - like I had before, to hush up friends, family, and rude strangers about my little addiction - but to actually quit. For me this time. I'm tired of having to take certain times of the day to have a "time out" (dip time). I'm tired of having to make sure that I swing by a gas station when I start to run too low. I'm tired of hiding the habit from as many people as I can for fear of being judged - and I'm tired of their reactions of horror when they do find out. I'm tired of making sure that I don't have any stuck in my teeth before I get out of the car to go into work, the store, wherever. I'm just tired of the whole thing - I don't like being a slave to a little can. So last week, I decided that as soon as I finished with the roll that I had just bought, I was finished - done. For good this time. Around 4:30 in the afternoon on New Year's Eve, I had my last dip. Day one wasn't bad. Day two wasn't terrible. And day three has been pretty awful. Headache, foggy, sore throat, all those fun things. In a way, it strengthens my decision. Why would I want to continue a habit that can make me feel like this?

About me... I'm 24. I love spending time outdoors - fishing, hiking, camping, you name it. As long as I'm outside, I'm happy. I work in accounting on the civilian side, have been in the National Guard for close to four years now, and am on my town's fire department as a volunteer FF/EMT.
Congrats Ash on making a great decision. Do a lot of reading on this site there is tons of great info to help you quit. First head to the welcome center and then make your way to the April '15 quit group and post roll. Roll is your promise to yourself and to us that you will not use nic today. There are some links you can check out at the top of the April roll. Congrats and welcome.
Proud January 2015 "Shell"er
He who controls the spice controls the universe.

Offline AMFH

• Quit Date: 2015-01-01
  • Interests: Fishing, hiking, camping, road trips - chances are, I'll be pretty happy as long as I can be outside!
My Introduction
« on: January 03, 2015, 04:03:00 PM »

Life's a garden, dig it!
You gotta keep on keepin' on!