Author Topic: Lenten quitter  (Read 15329 times)

Offline Landdon

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Quitter
  • Interests: June 18, 2014 is my first day of quit. I thank God, KTC, and my family for helping me.
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Lenten quitter
« Reply #154 on: October 20, 2014, 06:46:00 AM »
Patches? PATCHES?!!!! We don't need no stinking patches.

Offline Dagranger

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 06-27-2013
  • Interests: I used to like playing any sport. Now I like coaching any sport. Hiking, camping, biking. I work out a lot but I hate it.
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #153 on: October 20, 2014, 06:10:00 AM »
Quote from: grizzlyhasclaws
Quote from: Thumblewort
Quote from: Smeds
It only makes sense that I would congratulate you on the 2nd floor on the "eve" of such. It feels a little ... off, which of course just feels right in this case! In all seriousness bro, proud as hell to call you a DD brother, and also of the job you do here at KTC. You carry the glint of quit in your eyes ... and you stare into the soul of newbies to make them feel it! At least ... I think that's the glint of quit. Why are you looking at me like that bro? Wait, what is that behind your back ... is that, is that a knife? Dude ... I was j .................................
Instead of 8meds, I'll call you compost, just like the time I made it to 200 days at dontkillahobo.org ....and to your beneficiaries, thanks!
Congrats thumb. Your work here is greatly appreciated.
Thumble, great accomplishment, for a great quitter. Keep doing what you do.

Offline Grady

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-23
« Reply #152 on: October 20, 2014, 05:29:00 AM »
Woot, congrats on the 2 Hundy. Did you ever make it that far at psychedelicsrforme.com? 'arse'

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #151 on: October 19, 2014, 07:58:00 PM »
It only makes sense that I would congratulate you on the 2nd floor on the "eve" of such. It feels a little ... off, which of course just feels right in this case! In all seriousness bro, proud as hell to call you a DD brother, and also of the job you do here at KTC. You carry the glint of quit in your eyes ... and you stare into the soul of newbies to make them feel it! At least ... I think that's the glint of quit. Why are you looking at me like that bro? Wait, what is that behind your back ... is that, is that a knife? Dude ... I was j .................................
Instead of 8meds, I'll call you compost, just like the time I made it to 200 days at dontkillahobo.org ....and to your beneficiaries, thanks!
Congrats thumb. Your work here is greatly appreciated.
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #150 on: October 19, 2014, 06:59:00 PM »
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline Smeds

• Master of Quit
  • The bluebird can sing, but the crow's got the soul
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #149 on: October 19, 2014, 06:36:00 PM »
My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

Offline rdad

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 11/22/13
  • Interests: All Shooting Sports, Reloading, Fly Fishing, and Music.
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #148 on: July 14, 2014, 11:28:00 AM »
Quote from: mogul
Quote from: Diesel2112
So Day 99 just so happens to be a monthly poker game that I haven't been to since February (pre-quit). Depending on how I was doing I could go through most of a can on some night, so this was a big trigger night. I talked about it in chat, and had my legs and balls threatened if I caved 1 day before HoF. So I prepped before I went, toothpicks, cell phone, chat in the KTC chat before, plus I told my non-nic business partner who also plays poker about the triggers and such, so he had my back.

It was a light crowd, 23 players, and of course the random draw puts my next to the only dipper in the room. This is a very friendly game, so we all know each other, but karma dictated that I sit next to him. The shit stunk, and I had no issues.

So we get to break, and I'm lamenting with my partner on how bad I suck at poker, and the dude joins our convo. I ask him how much he chews a day, to which he responds "oh, you chew, did you need some?". Before I could refuse, my partner jumps in with "no, he quit a long time ago" ( he knows too well, he went through the first month of hell where I was bitchy to all). So the dude immediately starts hitting me up with questions on how and why. I gave him my card, so if you see another N. MI quitter in the future, it could be him. Mid 30's, 2 kids, Tim is his name.

Call this a testimonial on how KTC works, not only did I not have a crave, I was trying to recruit.

And I really suck at poker.
Congrats on the HOF, I'm sure you will look delicious in your yellow blazer.

Whenever a guy hits a 100 days I go back and read their entire intro. Yours was very very interesting. First of you're a stud and have come a long way. Secondly you got some unnecessary shit from guys who don't know how to read.

The site needs more quitters like you. Guys who face some shit and prevail, rather than dick tuck and bail. I can sense you will be a great asset for future quitters as well.

Also, speaking of Northern Michigan, me and the fam are headed north Wednesday morning to Charlevoix for 4 nights and then hitting Boyne for a night. My kids love water parks...

We may hit Traverse City (cherry festival is over, right?) as well, so if you smell a string odor of quit floating about, it's just me. What does quit smell like? Lavender and Jasmine.

Again, congrats on the HOF!!!

Quit on...
Thanks Diesel, I prepare taxes for 7 different cops including the Chief of Police, so the authorities have been notified to shut down 131  72 if a wave of flowery quit musk crosses the bay during the weekend.
Thumblewort, you and I haven't had much interaction, but I agree with Diesel that you are a huge asset to KTC. I love reading your stuff and proud to quit with ya.

Mogul
Thumble that was great to read! It sounds like you have a solid brother there looking out for you. You are surrounded by people dedicated to your quit. I agree wholeheartedly with Diesel and Mogul. You are a huge part of KTC. Glad you are here! See you tomorrow! ;Ironman:

Offline Mogul

• Quitter
  • Interests: Pilot
« Reply #147 on: July 14, 2014, 11:00:00 AM »
So Day 99 just so happens to be a monthly poker game that I haven't been to since February (pre-quit). Depending on how I was doing I could go through most of a can on some night, so this was a big trigger night. I talked about it in chat, and had my legs and balls threatened if I caved 1 day before HoF. So I prepped before I went, toothpicks, cell phone, chat in the KTC chat before, plus I told my non-nic business partner who also plays poker about the triggers and such, so he had my back.

It was a light crowd, 23 players, and of course the random draw puts my next to the only dipper in the room. This is a very friendly game, so we all know each other, but karma dictated that I sit next to him. The shit stunk, and I had no issues.

So we get to break, and I'm lamenting with my partner on how bad I suck at poker, and the dude joins our convo. I ask him how much he chews a day, to which he responds "oh, you chew, did you need some?". Before I could refuse, my partner jumps in with "no, he quit a long time ago" ( he knows too well, he went through the first month of hell where I was bitchy to all). So the dude immediately starts hitting me up with questions on how and why. I gave him my card, so if you see another N. MI quitter in the future, it could be him. Mid 30's, 2 kids, Tim is his name.

Call this a testimonial on how KTC works, not only did I not have a crave, I was trying to recruit.

Whenever a guy hits a 100 days I go back and read their entire intro. Yours was very very interesting. First of you're a stud and have come a long way. Secondly you got some unnecessary shit from guys who don't know how to read.

The site needs more quitters like you. Guys who face some shit and prevail, rather than dick tuck and bail. I can sense you will be a great asset for future quitters as well.

Also, speaking of Northern Michigan, me and the fam are headed north Wednesday morning to Charlevoix for 4 nights and then hitting Boyne for a night. My kids love water parks...

We may hit Traverse City (cherry festival is over, right?) as well, so if you smell a string odor of quit floating about, it's just me. What does quit smell like? Lavender and Jasmine.

Quit on...
Thanks Diesel, I prepare taxes for 7 different cops including the Chief of Police, so the authorities have been notified to shut down 131  72 if a wave of flowery quit musk crosses the bay during the weekend.
Thumblewort, you and I haven't had much interaction, but I agree with Diesel that you are a huge asset to KTC. I love reading your stuff and proud to quit with ya.

Mogul

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
« Reply #146 on: July 14, 2014, 10:55:00 AM »

Quit on...
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline Diesel2112

• Quitter
« Reply #145 on: July 14, 2014, 10:50:00 AM »

Quit on...
Quit 06/04/12
HOF 9/11/12
2nd floor 12/20/12
3rd floor 03/30/13
4th floor 07/08/13
5th floor 10/16/13
6th floor 01/24/14
7th floor 05/04/14
8th floor 08/12/14
9th floor 10/20/14
Comma 02/28/15
11th floor 06/08/15
12th floor 09/16/15
13th floor 12/25/15
14th floor 04/03/16
15th floor 7/11/16
16th floor 10/20/16
17th floor 01/27/17
18th floor 05/08/17
19th floor 08/14/17
20th floor 11/27/17
21st floor 03/11/18

"Celebrate the moment as it turns into one more"..
"You can fight without ever winning, but never ever win, win without a fight".
"Onion rings...funyons. A connection? Yeah. I fucking think so."
"Honest Abe had a fake jaw".
"In a world that seems so small, I can't stop thinking big"
"Someone set a bad example. Made surrender seem all right
The act of a noble warrior. Who lost the will to fight."

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
« Reply #144 on: July 14, 2014, 10:40:00 AM »
Quote from: Pinched
Quote from: steffano626

Glad to hear the quit sailed through the game. Poker is my big time hobby and it had gotten to the point where I never played without a dip. I'm not sure if I could have continued to play after quitting without the fake stuff. Some of the folks I play with continue to dip, but my craves are pretty much satisfied with Smokey Mountain. I hope they turn to me for quit info like that guy at your game did.
I gnawwed up a dozen toothpicks in 2 hours, but I am always nervous playing. Love the rush of going all in, win or lose, and the $20 fee for 2 hours is worth it. Love to be better, but I do not have a poker face.
TW, great win, risky as hell but glad to see you had the resolve to kick ass. I am one of those sadistic mofos that loves being around other dippers now. No I don't envy them, but that rotten ass smell emitting from their mouths reminds me why I quit.

Quit on brother,
P
Pinched, I decided to go Friday because it was day 99. If I can't face a large trigger once and for all I didn't deserve day 100. I skipped May and June's game because of the craves it would cause, so it is a good victory to have under my belt now. Quit with ya all day long!

J2B, here;s how I play..........blinds are 5/10, no pre-raise, flop comes, I hit my straight, no bets to me, and I blurt out $300. fold, fold, one dude says nice straight fella...........sigh. $20 buy in for $1000 in chips, re-buys for an hour, made it through with no re-buy but got blinded out withing the next hour.

Offline J2b

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
    • May 11
  • Quit Date: 01/23/2011
  • Likes Given: 239
« Reply #143 on: July 14, 2014, 10:28:00 AM »
Quote from: E&C's

Nice, TW ... you make my quit stronger bro, thanks for that!
Great work TW. I can relate to how good it feels when you survive one of those evenings. Here is to hoping Tim will join us soon!
So, wanna play some poker?

'winker'

Good on ya bro.
The problem is not the problem.  The problem is your attitude about the problem.  Do you understand?

Draw Fire

If its too much trouble to post roll call, you could always fuck off.

Quit Group: May 11 3 Balled Quitters

• Quit: 01/23/11

E&C's Dad

« Reply #142 on: July 14, 2014, 10:10:00 AM »

Great work TW. I can relate to how good it feels when you survive one of those evenings. Here is to hoping Tim will join us soon!

Offline Smeds

• Master of Quit
  • The bluebird can sing, but the crow's got the soul
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #141 on: July 14, 2014, 09:30:00 AM »

My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

Offline Pinched

• Quit King
  • Interests: Baseball, Hunting, Trucks, Diesels, Scouting,
« Reply #140 on: July 14, 2014, 09:28:00 AM »
Quote from: steffano626

Glad to hear the quit sailed through the game. Poker is my big time hobby and it had gotten to the point where I never played without a dip. I'm not sure if I could have continued to play after quitting without the fake stuff. Some of the folks I play with continue to dip, but my craves are pretty much satisfied with Smokey Mountain. I hope they turn to me for quit info like that guy at your game did.
I gnawwed up a dozen toothpicks in 2 hours, but I am always nervous playing. Love the rush of going all in, win or lose, and the $20 fee for 2 hours is worth it. Love to be better, but I do not have a poker face.
TW, great win, risky as hell but glad to see you had the resolve to kick ass. I am one of those sadistic mofos that loves being around other dippers now. No I don't envy them, but that rotten ass smell emitting from their mouths reminds me why I quit.

Quit on brother,
P
"If you want to quit then stop talking and just QUIT. If you want to kill yourself a bullet is cheaper and faster than a tin, plus it eliminates my hearing you whine and cry like a bitch."

Best thing I have read on KTC...Submitted by tgafish on 7/3/14

Former Skoal Straight and Cope Longcut user that started at the age of 12. QUIT on 7/15/13