Author Topic: Lenten quitter  (Read 15327 times)

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-04
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Lenten quitter
« Reply #139 on: July 14, 2014, 09:25:00 AM »
Quote from: steffano626
Quote from: Thumblewort
So Day 99 just so happens to be a monthly poker game that I haven't been to since February (pre-quit). Depending on how I was doing I could go through most of a can on some night, so this was a big trigger night. I talked about it in chat, and had my legs and balls threatened if I caved 1 day before HoF. So I prepped before I went, toothpicks, cell phone, chat in the KTC chat before, plus I told my non-nic business partner who also plays poker about the triggers and such, so he had my back.

It was a light crowd, 23 players, and of course the random draw puts my next to the only dipper in the room. This is a very friendly game, so we all know each other, but karma dictated that I sit next to him. The shit stunk, and I had no issues.

So we get to break, and I'm lamenting with my partner on how bad I suck at poker, and the dude joins our convo. I ask him how much he chews a day, to which he responds "oh, you chew, did you need some?". Before I could refuse, my partner jumps in with "no, he quit a long time ago" ( he knows too well, he went through the first month of hell where I was bitchy to all). So the dude immediately starts hitting me up with questions on how and why. I gave him my card, so if you see another N. MI quitter in the future, it could be him. Mid 30's, 2 kids, Tim is his name.

Call this a testimonial on how KTC works, not only did I not have a crave, I was trying to recruit.

And I really suck at poker.
Glad to hear the quit sailed through the game. Poker is my big time hobby and it had gotten to the point where I never played without a dip. I'm not sure if I could have continued to play after quitting without the fake stuff. Some of the folks I play with continue to dip, but my craves are pretty much satisfied with Smokey Mountain. I hope they turn to me for quit info like that guy at your game did.
I gnawwed up a dozen toothpicks in 2 hours, but I am always nervous playing. Love the rush of going all in, win or lose, and the $20 fee for 2 hours is worth it. Love to be better, but I do not have a poker face.
Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline steffano626

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-04-21
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #138 on: July 14, 2014, 09:22:00 AM »
So Day 99 just so happens to be a monthly poker game that I haven't been to since February (pre-quit). Depending on how I was doing I could go through most of a can on some night, so this was a big trigger night. I talked about it in chat, and had my legs and balls threatened if I caved 1 day before HoF. So I prepped before I went, toothpicks, cell phone, chat in the KTC chat before, plus I told my non-nic business partner who also plays poker about the triggers and such, so he had my back.

It was a light crowd, 23 players, and of course the random draw puts my next to the only dipper in the room. This is a very friendly game, so we all know each other, but karma dictated that I sit next to him. The shit stunk, and I had no issues.

So we get to break, and I'm lamenting with my partner on how bad I suck at poker, and the dude joins our convo. I ask him how much he chews a day, to which he responds "oh, you chew, did you need some?". Before I could refuse, my partner jumps in with "no, he quit a long time ago" ( he knows too well, he went through the first month of hell where I was bitchy to all). So the dude immediately starts hitting me up with questions on how and why. I gave him my card, so if you see another N. MI quitter in the future, it could be him. Mid 30's, 2 kids, Tim is his name.

Call this a testimonial on how KTC works, not only did I not have a crave, I was trying to recruit.

Glad to hear the quit sailed through the game. Poker is my big time hobby and it had gotten to the point where I never played without a dip. I'm not sure if I could have continued to play after quitting without the fake stuff. Some of the folks I play with continue to dip, but my craves are pretty much satisfied with Smokey Mountain. I hope they turn to me for quit info like that guy at your game did.

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
  • Interests: Steel Panther, Lions football, Deathmatch Wreslting, Ultra Violent horror movies, feeding the people in my basement pit.
« Reply #137 on: July 14, 2014, 08:24:00 AM »

Some of my fondest and clearest memories are peeing in places that aren't bathrooms.

Offline Remshot

• Admin (Retired)
  • Master of Quit
  • The One
  • Quit Date: January 23, 2006
  • Interests: Family
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #136 on: July 13, 2014, 12:26:00 PM »
Quote from: brettlees
Quote from: Bronc
Quote from: basshaug
Quote from: traumagnet
Quote from: srans
Quote from: LDiddy
Quote from: Dagranger
Quote from: grizzlyhasclaws
Quote from: worktowin
Quote from: Done4Me
TW - You do it like it's supposed to be done. Congrats on 100.
100 is great. But there is a lot more greatness ahead! Congratulations on a job well done, and for being one of the leaders on this site!
Badass quit. Congrats on 100. You know the drill, see ya tomorrow.
Sucks to hit a milestone on the weekend because it won't be until Monday for everyone to recognize you and your quit. But this site is better for the 100 days you've been here posting and helping. Keep doing what you've been doing. Respect.
Congrats on hitting the HOF. Nice work.
Great job !
congrats enjoy your day. Remember this is just a water stop your journey has no finish line.
Congrats thumble. You are a fine quitter. I'll quit with you any and every damn day.
One badass quitter that I don't even have to worry about. Your quit is an example to me and everyone around. You continue to learn and grow and become more and more of a badass each day. Keep kickin ass and know that I'm in your corner every damn day.
way to be!
Gee whiz guys, you're gonna make me cry like Day 3. I owe ALL of you, from the Day 1 drop outs, to the WCW's of the quit, to the tough love of the vets, to my text group, you ALL are a part of this 100 days of freedom. Stay quit, and I will see you at 101.

PS, will drop a story on you Monday about Day 99 with 2 hours to go, and me turning the tempter into a possible member.....good stuff!
Congratulations!
QSXtreme

Quit -1/23/06
HOF -5/02/06 May 2006 Drama Queens

Proverbs 18:2

"A fool takes no pleasure in understanding, but only in expressing his opinion."

A Quit Plan: Do you have one?

CLOSE THE DOOR. In my opinion, it?s the single most important step in your final quit. There is one moment, THE moment, when you finally let go and surrender to the quit.
After that moment, no temptation will be great enough, no lie persuasive enough to make you commit suicide by using tobacco. SportDad 1/13/05

Warm summer sun, shine kindly here;
Warm southern wind, blow softly here;
Green sod above, lie light, lie light.-
Good-night, dear heart, good-night.

Be silly, be honest, be kind

Offline Thumblewort

• Epic Quitter
« Reply #135 on: July 12, 2014, 02:03:00 PM »
Quote from: brettlees
100 is great. But there is a lot more greatness ahead! Congratulations on a job well done, and for being one of the leaders on this site!
Sucks to hit a milestone on the weekend because it won't be until Monday for everyone to recognize you and your quit. But this site is better for the 100 days you've been here posting and helping. Keep doing what you've been doing. Respect.
Great job !
congrats enjoy your day. Remember this is just a water stop your journey has no finish line.
Congrats thumble. You are a fine quitter. I'll quit with you any and every damn day.
One badass quitter that I don't even have to worry about. Your quit is an example to me and everyone around. You continue to learn and grow and become more and more of a badass each day. Keep kickin ass and know that I'm in your corner every damn day.
way to be!
Gee whiz guys, you're gonna make me cry like Day 3. I owe ALL of you, from the Day 1 drop outs, to the WCW's of the quit, to the tough love of the vets, to my text group, you ALL are a part of this 100 days of freedom. Stay quit, and I will see you at 101.

PS, will drop a story on you Monday about Day 99 with 2 hours to go, and me turning the tempter into a possible member.....good stuff!

Offline brettlees

• Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #134 on: July 12, 2014, 01:24:00 PM »
Great job !
way to be!
This info helped me early on, and still does today: https://whyquit.com/whyquit/linksaaddiction.html

Quitters I’ve met so far: Ihatecope, >Pinched<, T-Cell, grizzlyhasclaws, Canvasback, BaseballPlayer, Cbird65, ERDVM, BradleyGuy, Ted, Zeno, AppleJack, Bronc, Knockout, MookieBlaylock, Rdad, 2mch2lv4, MN_Ben, Natro, Lippizaner, Amquash, ChristopherJ, GDubya, SRohde  -- always eager to meet more!

Offline bronc

• Quitting MoFo
  • Quit Date: 3/14/14
  • Interests: Rodeo, Hunting, Raising my daughter, Cooking and entertaining
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #133 on: July 12, 2014, 01:13:00 PM »
Great job !

Offline basshaug

• Moderator (Retired)
  • Epic Quitter
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #132 on: July 12, 2014, 01:05:00 PM »
Great job !

Offline Menace

• Quitter
« Reply #131 on: July 12, 2014, 12:44:00 PM »
Whoot! See ya on the 2nd floor!
Menace

I'm a Quitter, Are You?

Offline traumagnet

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quit Pro
« Reply #130 on: July 12, 2014, 11:16:00 AM »
Great job !
Complacency sucks, one moment of it is the difference between being a user and a quitter....OIB

"Lean into the fall my friends, life can be amazing without nicotine. It's just a matter of choice." sM

"Endeavor to persevere."Chief Dan George "The Outlaw Josey Wales".

MY HOF speech

Offline sixercountry

• Quitter
  • Quit Date: 2014-03-03
« Reply #129 on: July 12, 2014, 11:14:00 AM »
Great job !
congrats thumb.....proud to be quit with you today. awesome job

Offline srans

• Quit Pro
  • Interests: Fishing and playing the guitar.
« Reply #128 on: July 12, 2014, 10:33:00 AM »
Great job !
Hof date may 25, 2013
HoF Speech

The poison sucks. I hate it. I hated it this morning, I hated it at noon, I hated it at supper and I hate it tonight. I enjoy hating it so much I'm going to wake up tomorrow and start over hating it. I quit with anyone that wants to hate it with me.

Offline LDIDDY

• Eternal Quitters
  • Quitting MoFo
  • Come & Take It - & Die Trying
  • Quit Date: 12-29-2005
« Reply #127 on: July 12, 2014, 10:29:00 AM »
What's the difference between a liberal and a puppy??? The puppy stops whining and shitting on everything when he grows up.

Offline Dagranger

• Quit Pro
  • Quit Date: 06-27-2013
  • Interests: I used to like playing any sport. Now I like coaching any sport. Hiking, camping, biking. I work out a lot but I hate it.
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #126 on: July 12, 2014, 09:57:00 AM »

Offline Grizzlyhasclaws

• Hall of Fame Conductor
  • Epic Quitter
  • Quit Date: 10/31/2013
  • Interests: Family, Baseball, basketball, sales, living to see my kids grow.
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #125 on: July 12, 2014, 09:48:00 AM »
Nicotine Quit Date:10/31/2013
Exercise Start Date: 6/29/2018